Lake Murray Healthcare - San Diego, CA

Lake Murray Health Care Center provides quality care for persons who, in their golden years, are still capable of handling their physical needs but require assistance with the daily tasks of living. Our sincere concern for personal care, social interactions and spiritual well being of our residents are the ground rules for our home care facility.

Even though this is not the right facility for my father at this time, the home was clean and had nice spaces outside in the backyard for the clients to sit or simply walk around in. The neighborhood was quiet and convenient for me, but the patients in the facility were primarily "mild" dementia patients and it was not the right fit for my father who was further along in his progression. I also felt my father may have more needs than the facility could provide (Sundowners) and felt another facility may provide more supervision support that I was looking for.

This community is very nice and well kept with staff that are attentive and careful . The staff clean my mom's room and serve her good food. Mom seems to always be taken care of, she has not complained while we are away. Mom has really improved from not moving to walking around with her walker and wanting to be more mobile. We have found that the staff have strong accent and at times my mom gets confused with what is being said. We have never found my mom wet/soiled and we are comfortable leaving Mom at this community.

A place for Ruth

Our mother is staying at Lake Murray for the past two months. During this time we as a family. Are very comfortable with her mother being there this time we as the family. Are very comfortable with our mother being in your care. The staff is very attentive and helpful to her needs. Each individual resident have private and clean rooms. Beautiful outdoor patios to enjoy, and seemingly a motion detector for anyone that goes outside, mean there are always a variety of birds sounds throughout the yard which makes it very peaceful to spend time outside. Overall very happy and secure about placing our mother there at this time. Still in hope that someday she may be able to return to her own home. But until that day happens very confident in the staff at Lake Murray

I'm okay with them.

I'm okay with them. I liked that they were small and personable, with a good staff to patient ratio. It's very clean. They have good home cooked meals, and they all sit around the table to eat. There are little things that we are still working out, like appointment schedules and those kinds of things, but overall I am pretty happy with them so far.

Nice facility

Although there aren't lots of activities here, Lake Murray is a nice facility. It is clean and seems well maintained. The staff is polite and caring. The food is even decent here, which is a plus. Overall, a great place.

Nice residential location, secured. Nice open living room, bathroom have curtains - no doors, quite environment. Residence were sitting in living room with music playing when we visited at 10:30 am. Spoke to a caregiver not owner, it doesn't appear that the residence have much activity to stimulate them, but I may be wrong. Over all, it's still a very nice place.

I am very impressed in looking at the place that it's is so well thought out

We are very happy with Lake Murray Healthcare. The staff is wonderful, and it's kept very clean. The food looks good. My mother loved to cook, and she likes the food, so that says a lot. The owner is very pleasant, and the caregivers are very friendly. On Sundays, if she has to miss church, one of the caregivers will watch my mother's favorite show with her. When I have been over there I have mostly seen the T.V. on, but they do have a lot of reading material, and they have some games, I haven't really seen enough to comment on the activities. One thing I am really impressed with is that the grounds are very secure. They have a fence around the front with a gate that the residents cannot go out of, it's decorative, and the door has an intercom so it is very secure. The yard in the back is beautiful, it's landscaped with a nice patio. I appreciate that the bathrooms don't have doors with locks on them, it's more of a curtain type door, so they can be heard, and and cant lock themselves in, and it gives easier access for the walkers to go in the bathroom. They have a lot of bathrooms here. I like the safety features, like commodes in the rooms in the night so they don't fall going to the bathroom. They were less here for a private room, than a shared room elsewhere. I am very impressed in looking at the place that it's is so well thought out, it feels like a home, but is still focused on safety. They have been really good with her medication and follow up. They always have everything written down. We like them a lot!

Toured Monday. 6-bed. Nice private ro...

Toured Monday. 6-bed. Nice private room, Not many activities.