Brookdale Oklahoma City Southwest - Oklahoma City, OK

[Removed] was very helpful, she explained everything & answered all my ? I liked the facility & what they had to offer. It's a little pricey I think for us, & after viewing the other facility, I am thinking my dad may be ok in just an independent living facility where they fix there meals & house keeping. We'll see.

Didn't Want To Be That Far Away

We toured this community and really liked it. The staff was friendly and kind. Walking around everything seemed to be very clean and well maintained. The residents seem to have a lot of activities they could do. But after the person was looking at the availability that location did not have any open rooms and if we had chosen them they would have had to put dad in another location clear across town until something opened up and I was not willing to be that far away from dad.

No complaints!!

I have no complaints about how things are going for my mother since she has made the move into this community. The staff are wonderful people and I am comfortable with the quality of care they have provided her. She has had no issues with the meals and has enjoyed participating in activities with the other residents from time to time. I would recommend it to anyone interested.

So far, this is the top one in the running, mostly due to hominess, pricing, and possible residents [Removed] would interact with. This would be a 3.5 if we could give half stars. Right now a price could be capped at 5600$/month

We are happy with the cre that my father is getting here. The staff is caring and friendly. I am happy with the home feeling at this community so that he feels like he is at home and in a nursing home. He is not able to participate,but activities are offered. I would recommend this care to other families.

Knowledgeable Tour Guide!!

The tour guide did a great job providing all of the necessary information regarding what the community had to offer. They had activities on site and meal plans as well. During my tour i got to see all of the community the bedrooms, dinning room and activities center. Everyone i met along the way were friendly and i liked that the tour guide was very informative.

5 stars all the way!!!!

My friend is doing well since he moved into Brookdale. The staff are wonderful and helpful. Gwen the director is always there to answer any questions I have. The community is clean and well taken care of. They offer a variety of activities, however he does not yet participate in any.

Things are going good at Brookdale. We don't have any complaints here. They are doing a great job.

Very nice place, overall

Overall I think they do a very good job at Brookdale (formerly Clare Bridge). The staff here are very very caring, and they do an excellent job looking after the people who live here. The facility is clean and well kept, and they have a lot to provide for the residents. I haven't tried the food myself, but I've heard that Dad sometimes gets seconds or even third helpings so he must like it! The only issue we've had is clothing or small items occasionally going missing, so I would advise families to label clothing and possessions if their loved one is in the memory care section.

The staff at Clare Bridge go above and beyond to help residents and to help family members find answers or solutions to problems. They are very caring towards residents and family members as well.
Especially Heather Phillips, who has great concern for residents and makes sure that every detail is addressed in a timely manner. It is obvious she loves her job and is very good at what she does (even those that are not in her job description)!

This facility is a wonderful place for those that are going through such a trying time. My loved one feels safe and says to me she doesn't want to leave. Know this makes going through this struggle at least bearable.

I would like to see more staff on the facility grounds during weekends. It would also be nice to have a contact person to check in with on a consistent basis as I live out of state.

friendly

The facility at Clare Bridge of Southwest Oklahoma City is very clean and the staff is incredibly friendly.

great value

All assisted living places are expensive, but Clare Bridge of Southwest Oklahoma City is definitely a better value than others that we have had experience with. My mom was only there for three weeks before she passed away, but during that brief time they were very friendly and compassionate. They checked on mom every two hours to make sure she was ok and take care of any needs. Considering the type people they have to deal with on a daily basis, they are very special people and do an excellent job.

not interested b/c of location

not interested b/c of location

A New Beginning for George.

My father in law has dementia. We didn't realize how bad it was until my mother in law was put into a nursing home. We found a nursing home that would take both of them, but when she died, George really didn't need to be there anymore. We found Clare Bridge. He's doing so much better and he doesn't look so fragile anymore. The staff is so friendly and so are the residents. I'm so glad that we decided to move him. It was the best choice for George. It's a great place!

Very friendly staff, care could be better

The people here are very friendly, and it is a nice looking place, but we've had some issues with the care. They really need to work on their activities, most of the time they just seem to park them in front of a TV.
They seem to be understaffed in general, and a lot of little things get overlooked. They had us mark all of my loved one's belongings with her name, but we still find belongings switched around and other people's clothes in her closet from time to time. They asked us to provide 3 sets of sheets for her bed, and I've still come in and seen her bed with no sheets on it, and her laundry hamper full.
I also feel like they haven't been very clear with their billing. I still don't feel certain we're being charged the correct price, after what they quoted us, and then discounts and surcharges.

Great Memory Care

Clare Bridge is just great. I am really happy and he is too. The staff is very friendly. No smell and always very clean. I am definitely getting good value because he is very well taken care of. He certainly loves the food! He is in depends and has to have a little help taking his bath but still uses restroom alone and can feed himself. They also let him help in the selection of what he wears, judging by what he wears. The whole building is memory care and is secure. You can't get in our out without someone letting you in or out. They are going to provide Thanksgiving dinner the Thursday before Thanksgiving, which we are very excited about.

Toured 1st choice for okc

Toured 1st choice for okc

At Clare Bridge of Southwest Oklahoma City we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That’s why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer’s and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer’s and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer’s and dementia care programs at Clare Bridge are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.