Clare Bridge of Hampton Cove - Hampton Cove, AL

Disappointed in level of hygiene care

I Noticed the most recent review was over a year old so decided to relate our experiences. My Father moved in early in 2018 and has moderate dementia/alzhiemers. The staff is kind and helpful but has let his personal hygiene go unattended too much. I allowed several months for him to adapt to the new environment and the staff time to learn his patterns. However, even at month 4 , he is allowed to go without showers and clothes changes too long . They have not been successful getting him to brush his teeth, shave, or cut his nails. The management has gone so far as to shower and shave him personally, which impressed me, but the staff should be trained better or held accountable for not getting these basic hygiene tasks done. Cleanliness of the facility and rooms and food are acceptable but not outstanding.

My mom's Great care

I like this community a lot for my mother's care. .The staff is outstanding. The community is old but very nice. The community. is clean and the menu is outstanding. The activities are excellent. This community has a loving touch to it and that makes us very please to know that she is in great care for the great value.

Some Issues in The Beginning, But Overall A Nice Community

Overall it has been a good experience for my mother since her move to this community. We had some problems with her medications in the beginning, but things are gotten better now. This is a nice community, and they have good staff at this community. For the most part the staff is courteous. There are activities offered for the residents. She is very pleased with the meals, the food is good. I know she is being cared for very well, and in a good hands. This is a community I would recommend.

Excellent Care for my mom.

I am very happy with the care that my mom is getting here.It is very clean. She is happy with the staff and getting great care here. The food is very good and she is getting good therapy from the staff. Alot of great activities to enjoy. I would highly recommend this community for other families. There are times when a few extra charges need to be discussed. But over all wonderful community.

Good Care

This is a nice community. The staff is friendly, but the nursing staff could use improvement. They did have alot of activities that were offered for her to participate.
I would over all recommend this community for other families.

doing reasonably well

My uncle is doing reasonably well at Clare Bridge of Hamptom Cove. He is further back from the dining room than preferred. He has dementia and is having trouble finding his way around. The facility people have been courteous. They seem to be be taking good care of him.

I found Brookdale Hampton Cove to be a very inviting. The staff were friendly and appeared to care about the residents who lived there. I observed staff interacting respectfully with residents. All areas looked very clean. There were plenty of areas that the residents could go to relax besides being in their rooms. Also the outdoor center garden was another very beautiful area for residents to relax or get together with others. The dining area looked clean and organized. Menus regarding each meal were clearly posted. I was very impressed with what I observed while I was visiting.

Phenomenal staff!

They do a wonderful job at Clare Bridge of Hampton Cove! The staff here is absolutely phenomenal. They were a huge help throughout the whole touring and selection process, and they put in a lot of hard work to make sure that my loved one settled in and felt at home. I really can't say enough good things about them, they take great care of my loved one.

Terrible experience

We had a terrible experience with Clare Bridge. My loved one was only here for 2 nights before he had to go to the hospital. The staff at Clare Bridge never once called to see how he was doing at the hospital, and over the course of 3 weeks we called them 3 times and they never returned any of OUR calls. The only thing we ever heard or got from them was the bill in the mail.

Very pleased

I am very pleased with the staff. My mother in law feels like they care about her. She is well taken care of and that means a lot. They are very caring and helpful. They have been wonderful. The staff is very friendly. The residents are friendly as well. We have had a positive experience at the Clare Bridge of Hampton Cove. The facility is always clean and tidy. I can't rate the activities because she did not partake in them.

I do not recommend Clare Bridge since the night before my mom was suppose to move in, she collapsed, was hospitalized, and could not move in. She was now not a candidate for this facility so we wanted to annul the contract which we only had signed out of convenience the day before on a Saturday. They would not and informed us that we would still be responsible for 7 days even though no services were given to my mom since she never moved in. The rest was suppose to be refunded which took almost 5 months-no apology was ever given for the delay. They have a huge communication problem. After all this stress and the hassles of phone calls never being returned, we are still out $786. I feel they took advantage of my mom's declining health and made a clear profit of $786 since no services were ever rendered for my mom. Clare Bridge is very unprofessional and unethical

Lovely place. Very friendly staff and nice food. It looked clean and didn't smell. The residence looked happy and engaged. I can't wait to bring Mom for a visit.

Clare Bridge of Hampton Cove is a Great Place

All the staff is very friendly and interacts with the residents really well. When Mom was placed, she was leaving rehab after suffering a stroke. She wasn't quite ready to come home and after 6 weeks she is up walking and doing things she hadn't done in months. Mom is a quiet person and not always participates in activities. Her goal was to not use the walker any longer and to come back home. We are hoping to have her home by mid-November. There was an incident that we were not told about immediately, but the Executive Director handled it very quickly and I was satisfied with the results. I would recommend Clare Bridge to all my friends.

Very pleased!

We are very pleased with Clare Bridge Of Hampton Cove Memory care. After the first week, Mom seems happy. She is enjoying interacting with the residents. The food is excellent and the staff is friendly and helpful, always answers our questions.

Making the transition - It CAN be Done and may turn out better than you had hoped - it did for me.

The staff at Clare Bridge has helped make this transition better than I could have imagined. I leaned on them for advise and input throughout the entire process of getting my mother moved in. I used them as my sounding board for every question imaginable. The biggest of those questions to me was "How will I ever get Mother to move in?" And from there - things like "How do we handle move-in day?" "What do we say when she says she wants to go home?" These were all huge mental barriers for me that the staff at Clare Bridge helped us to think through.

toured and had several male residents...

toured and had several male residents who were golfers

Clare Bridge of Hampton Cove provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.