Cherry Creek Retirement Village - Aurora, CO

Nice, but Too Fancy

I toured Cherry Creek on behalf of my loved one, and I thought that the community was very nice. However, it seemed to me that it would be too fancy. My loved one was looking for a place with a more cozy, money feel, so we continued our search.

A great community

My parents enjoyed living in the independent area of this community. This community also offers assisted living and we are hoping dad will be able to move into this area soon as there is a waiting list. They offer good food and a menu with two entrees and and an alternate menu. The wellness director is a blast and likes helping people. They are doing some remodeling of the assisted living area. The staff is nice and dad has friends here.

safety

You could put your parents in a regular apartment, pay less and they'd be just as safe or safer!! Had a man entering women's apartments day and night even crawling in their bed!! When confronting management, they stuck up for the man and said that the women should have locked there doors!!! Really!!!

terrible management

It's been over a year since they started up grades. Our hallway has been paint at least 4 or five times and still not done. There's lots of flooding here and pray it's not ur parents apartment because they don't really care they'll let them sit in puddles of water because no ones here on weekends or holidays that has any authority! I would not recommend this place, to any one who loves their parents! Wish I would have done more research but it was convenient

She was very happy there.

My loved one has passed away, now. She was very happy there. The people were friendly. They were making lots of improvements when we were there, to make it even more comfortable than it already was. I bet it's even more beautiful now. The billing went smoothly. We had no concerns at all.

It's a nice place. . .I would recommend it

It is going very well. It is a very nice place. My Father ha been there about 2 years. They have a lot of activities. It is close to our home, so it is convenient. They do a good job with transport and go to the grocery store twice a week. They are very nice and are helpful and responsive if we need anything. It's a nice place. I would recommend it.

Safe and happy

One of the main reasons I chose Cherry Creek above the others I visited was their cheerful accommodating attitude toward my specific needs. I equally was impressed with their professional reliability and understanding. I feel comfortable doing business with these people and look forward to making friends here.

My Parents Are Happy

I just think that they have been doing a great job with the facility; they keep it clean and everybody is so nice and attentive to the residents living there. The food is great as well and my parents are happy there.

They seem to be fine so far.

They seem to be fine so far. The maintenance and upkeep is fine, I have had them fix a couple of things so far, and they took care of things right away, I don't have any complaints. There was a staff member that was rude, when it was brought to managements attention, they took care of it right away. When I was picking, I liked how friendly everyone was. I also really, liked the atrium, one is where the dining hall is, and they have high ceilings, and it's a nice place to sit and talk. I liked how cheerful it felt.

No smells of tobacco or from pets, which are allowed. No noise from pets, either. Maintenance needed in the model apt. Is this an example of overall maintenance? Remodeling also going on of main dining room. Meal plans extra, but flexible. Units of several sizes and layouts, looked clean and bright, lots of windows and light. Multiple atria and wide hallways -- building suits its purpose well. People doing lots of activities and looking content. Outdoor courtyards safe and protected from wind and noise, landscaping on-going (it's spring when I'm writing this). Staff friendly and responsive. Didn't sample meals. Traffic noise loud in front balconies, open windows. Hampden is a busy street, right out front. Lots of transportation options and things to do. Nice library!

So far so good!

Our loved one has only been here a short time, but so far our experience has been a positive one overall! The staff are friendly and professional, and the facility itself is well kept and clean.

positive experience overall

When I first went to Cherry Creek Retirement Village and had a meal there it was excellent. There have been a couple of things that have not panned out as we were led to believe. For one, the food is not as good as it was a couple months or so ago. For another, they had told me that linens were included, and that turned out not to be the case.

Overall it has been a positive experience. It is a very bright and cheerful place with a very warm home-like atmosphere. There's been a couple of areas for improvement, but overall it has gone well.

by far the best!

This is the third retirement home that I have lived in and it is by far the best. It is the friendliest place I have ever been. Everybody seems happy. That is what really stood out to me when I visited - that everyone here, both staff and residents, are very happy. It is a happy place instead of a grumpy place like some other places are.

At Cherry Creek Retirement Village, t...

At Cherry Creek Retirement Village, the staff is great. The amenities are pretty comparable to other places. The website advertises a swimming pool, but the facility itself does not have one. The facility is aforable, which is nice. Overall, I'd give them a 4 out of 5. I would recommend it to others.

nice floor plans good room ...

nice floor plans good room for them.

They are great there.

They are great there. They are clean and everyone is friendly. I think they are a pretty good value. They have plenty of activities. We haven't had any complaints. We like how quick they responded to us, and they really went above and beyond in helping us get set up.

Trying to get mom to agree ...

Trying to get mom to agree to go for lunch, not happy with me over all of this!

Food not what it used to be

I have lived at Cherry Creek Retirement for some time. The quality of the food has really changed. The meals wether (breakfast or dinner) lack appeal and a lot of times are not edible, frequently sending the food back. It seems that some of the kitchen staff have been there for a very long time and do not appreciate any feedback. Some of the wait staff can be a bit snippy with the patrons and many times you have to wait a very long time for your food. I have heard many people say they are dissatisfied with the food and feel there are some needed changes for better quality meals and a more pleasurable dining experience. Hope someone cares enough to make some changes.

I'm Forever Grateful for This Place

My dad lived at Cherry Creek as did my grandma before him! It was a beautiful experience for both of them and I am so grateful that they both had the opportunity to spend their late lives there. It amazes me that a place that has been around so long has been able to maintain the level of excellence that they offer. Most of the staff that helped my grandma was still there to help my dad. Unbelievable. Thank you CCRV!!!

I Would Highly Recommend!

The staff are just the friendliest and nicest people! They are so wonderful and helpful! Kim, who directed our tour, is exceptional! She is so friendly and always smiling, and the residents just adore her! The meals are quite good! I've had it several times, and the portions are small (which is good) and it was well-made. The activities are great too! There's transportation for shopping, and they play games. There's even a walking club! The age range is very wide, and it's like a family here! I would highly recommend Cherry Creek to others!

The staff and the environme...

The staff and the environment seemed very friendly and open. I liked the layout which gave a communal atrium-like space within easy distance of the independent living areas and the assisted area. They helped me talk to one of the residents to get a sense of how it is to live there. This was very helpful. Its location makes it pretty good for having someone nearby. The meal options did not allow for some flexibility and that is something that we would have to account for.

Very friendly and welcoming staff

When we were looking into options for my Dad this place really struck us with how friendly and welcoming they were. Looking for senior living was a new experience for us, and the woman at this facility, Angie, was very helpful and patient. We came back to tour at least 3 times, and she was happy to help us every time. We feel like this a good place for Dad, and he is getting everything that he needs.

Very Positive!

We were doing this on the benefit of our neighbor and he's there now. I guess it's okay. He's there and we haven't been over to see him yet because we've had some things of our own to deal with but I did get to visit before he moved in. I thought it was great. It's very clean has a very good staff. They have tons of activities. I think it was a great place. It's beautiful. We ate in the cafeteria and it was great.

Thank God I found this Place!

It is a clean great place that is affordable! the unit is larger and very nice! Mother seems to be do OK! I am so lucky to have found such a Great place! the people who work here really care and are very good at communicating !

Like a big family

It's a great community. It's really nice and the staff is just awesome. They have plenty of activities for those that wish to participate. The staff is really good and it's more like a big family. We are pleased with Cherry Creek and would recommend it to anyone.

$2,100 2Bed 2Bath

The food was the biggest reason we moved our parents to this community. They have a wider variety and work with us to meet our mother’s dietary needs. We were able to get a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment for about the same price for a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment at a different community. It is about $2,100 a month for the 2 bed 2 bath apartment. The residents seem happy to be here at Cherry Creek they would come up to us and introduce themselves and tell us about the community. The only thing they could use is better walking paths there is just not much to them like at a previous community.

Great value

We chose this community because we have had previous family members stay here. We have always had good experiences and they continue to get better. Our loved one is starting to socialize more and more so it makes us happy we chose Cherry Creek. It is located in a residential community. We are very happy with it and would absolutely recommend it to anyone

A place to visit - care see...

A place to visit - care seems to fit mom's current needs

Our experience has been wonderful!

We chose Cherry Creek because it was the best fit for my mother-in-law. She no longer drives and they offer transportation servies, also the location is only about ten minutes from us. She really likes it, and if she is happy, we are happy!

Too far; very, very nice.

Too far; very, very nice.

600 sq ft 1-bd incl. utilities break...

600 sq ft 1-bd incl. utilities breakfast and lunch or dinner

Cherry Creek was again the same as Ga...

Cherry Creek was again the same as Garden Plaza,they were very clean,professional great customer service, great food ,in tune with the residents,and informative . I would give them 4.0 Stars.

The tour w/staff was great. Found th...

The tour w/staff was great. Found the place to be warm & inviting and the residents looked happy and were very friendly. Seems like a very good deal for the price.Had a 2nd visit on Sat. and took him for lunch this time with staff. Visit was wonderful and think he liked it! Thinking about putting $ down to reserve. Not a better deal around!

Discover Cherry Creek Retirement Village "Committed to helping you live a vibrant, carefree lifestyle." At Cherry Creek, we are dedicated to providing our residents with five-star service, elegant amenities and the freedom to maintain an active lifestyle. Our caring professional staff is here to lavish you with attention while respecting your privacy.

Cherry Creek has three main goals: to create the comforts of home, to provide opportunities for an active lifestyle and to promote wellness within the community. We believe that our dedication to these goals is what sets Cherry Creek apart from all the rest.

Enjoy an Engaging Lifestyle On a weekly basis, Cherry Creek offers more than 60 scheduled activities from which to choose. Enjoy fellowship with other residents, take a scenic trip, keep fit in various exercise classes or discuss ideas during a book club gathering.

Not all activities are scheduled. There is always time to challenge your friends to a game of pool, relax in the library with your favorite book or enjoy a great cup of coffee in the coffee shop. The choice is yours.

There are plenty of sites and events outside of Cherry Creek as well. Located just minutes away from Denver, there is access to an abundance of activities from sightseeing to fishing.

However, if you are more interested in urban pursuits, the area also offers many opportunities for exploration such as unique shopping, live entertainment and museums.

Outstanding Services and Amenities Our residents can enjoy the numerous amenities we offer that help you enjoy a vibrant lifestyle.

City info

· Walkability score: Cherry Creek Retirement Village has a Walk Score of 45, a Transit Score of 39, and a Bike Score of 53. Bike paths are mostly flat and extensive throughout the area, available to walkers as well.

· Number of senior housing facilities in the zip code: The median age in the neighborhood is 40, and there are at least three senior-oriented facilities nearby.

· Average weather information: The Denver area, including Aurora, is known for consistently sunny weather, with average winter temperatures around freezing, summer highs around 80, and some extremes at either end. Precipitation is minimal throughout the year, and snow tends not to linger long.

· Veteran's facilities in the area: The new VA Hospital in Aurora will bring services and treatment within a few miles of Cherry Creek Retirement Village, while the current hospital is not far away in Denver.

Transportation

An adjacent bus stop connects passengers with the extensive RTD transit network, covering metro Denver with a service area of over 2300 miles, including Aurora. Services include frequent bus service often running into the night and on weekends, light rail, and a commuter rail connection to the airport. Seniors are eligible for a significant discount on services, and paratransit services carry riders who have difficulties navigating the regular transit system. Transit rider training is available.

· Buses: Equipped with ADA access features, transfer fares usually carry over to other services at the same level.

· Trains: Light rail covers much of the area including Aurora, and commuter rail goes north and to the airport.

· Taxis: Multiple (at least four in most areas) taxi services are available throughout the metro area, by phone and also by a smartphone app.

· Ride shares: Uber and Lyft are popular in the area, with quick response at most times.

Health and Safety

Aurora is the new home of the University of Colorado's Anschutz Medical Campus and a new VA Medical Center, with plenty of transit access to both. Denver Health provides top-quality care in downtown Denver, and the area boasts several other excellent hospital systems including the Medical Center of Aurora. Aurora is ranked as the safest large city in Colorado,

· Hospitals in the area: University of Colorado Medical Center, VA Medical Center, Medical Center of Aurora, Denver Health, National Jewish / St Joseph's Medical Center, Presbyterian/St Luke's Medical Center

· Crime rate in the zip code: 80014 is rated 46 out of 100, with a national average of 31.

Sports and leisure

· Golf courses nearby: Meadow Hills GC is just across E Hampden Ave, and Aurora has a large number of private and municipal courses.

· Tennis courts/clubs nearby: Meadow Hills Park has public courts available nearby and there are many throughout the city. The USTA Colorado is a few miles away in Denver.

· Gyms nearby - The City of Aurora has many community centers for exercise, classes, and swimming, including the Aurora Center for Active Adults, which focuses on senior-oriented workout spaces, aerobics, and socializing.

Shopping and entertainment

· Clothes Shopping: The Aurora Mall and Gardens on Havana provide one-stop shopping including clothing, hobby, and department stores. The upscale Cherry Creek Shopping Center is nearby in Denver.

· Grocery stores: Kroger chain King Soopers has a location close by, and Safeway and Walmart grocery shopping options are common in Aurora.

· Restaurants: Family and Senior-friendly restaurant chains such as Applebees and Perkins, Village Inn and Olive Garden are located throughout Aurora and the Denver area.

· Movie theaters: AMC, UA, and other major theater chains have facilities in Denver Metro including Aurora, several theaters offer dinner and a movie together, and a local Elvis chain offers discount showings.

· Libraries: Both the Aurora Public Library and the Arapahoe Library District have locations throughout the area, including close by, with an up-to-date book and media offering, and places to meet and study.

· Senior friendly salons: Both upscale and value-priced salons such as Fantastic Sams are available nearby, including locations in shopping centers and Wal-Mart stores.

· Attractions: Cherry Creek State Park is close by, with boating, camping, and outdoor activities.

Religious facilities

· Religious facilities nearby: Protestant Churches are common in most neighborhoods, along with Orthodox Churches, Catholic Churches, Temples, and Mosques.