Wonderful Home For Mom

Moving mom to Garden Plaza of Aurora has brought us peace of mind knowing she is safe, happy and comfortable.
Garden Plaza of Aurora offers a beautiful home setting with caring staff members who strive to create a safe, clean, comfortable home for their residents.
Apartments are well kept. The facility itself is very nice and has a feel of a being "at home". There are a number of floor plans to fit any need.
Our mom is happy and contented here. She loves the dining experience as well as activities she looks forward to participating in daily. She is a socially engaged, active, 90- year-old who is truly enjoying her life at Garden Plaza.
We feel fortunate that we found this community .

nice facility, lacks communication among staff/departments

Garden Plaza of Aurora is really an impressive facility. It is very clean, nicely furnished and well taken care of. There seems to always be some type of activities offered. However they seem quite repetitive so i can see how residents could tire of them easily. The food seems adequate and they do offer regular set menu items in addition to the daily specials. The care givers are very nice and friendly - however they always seem rushed with all residents.
Here's the issue - there is horrible inter-department communication. It's difficult to get an answer without being sent around in circles. A message left for the billing office 3 days ago and still no callback. If they could improve inter office/department communication - i would give a higher rating.

My mother could not be happier

Food has been an issue since my parents moved in 5 years ago. They are currently training a server with no experience to be their new chef...horrible food. Constant staff turnover. Facilities are lovely. Rent raised annually regardless of capacity. Staff willingness to work with unique health needs extraordinary.

They have been great.

They have been great. It's phenomenal, the people are great. The food just as good as the people, I have eaten there myself, and it's really good.

Aareon Gardina-Hudson

Thank you for the glowing review! It is our pleasure to serve anyway we can!

A Loving and Caring Place

In 2010, my Mother moved into the Independent Living Facility at Garden Plaza of Aurora. My Mother, brother and sister have been extremely pleased with the quality of the facility, the professionalism of the staff, excellent entertainment and activity options available and the quality of the food. It has been important to us that my Mother was able to quickly get involved and find wonderful people and activities.
In late 2014, my Mother had to move into the Assisted Living Facility at Garden Plaza of Aurora. The staff made this transition smooth and uneventful for my Mother and the family. The quality of the assistance to my Mother has been outstanding. We have no worries about her getting quality care or being safe and we receive feedback as necessary from the staff. The staff cares about the people living there. I find it a pleasure to visit with the staff whenever I am in the facility visiting my Mother. She has been able to continue with the activities and entertainment she got use to and is able to take occasional shopping trips with the other residents.
My family and I recommend you take a look at Garden Plaza of Aurora if you are looking for an Independent or Assisted Living Facility for yourself or a family member.

These guys have all care an...

These guys have all care and dont want hospice in there. They want to move mom in their facility and they make more dough as they move her into more services. Do not want thisb

POSSIBLE OPTION - Clean and...

POSSIBLE OPTION - Clean and beautiful inside and out. 6-year-old building. Age in place through AL and skilled nursing. Two meals included. Nice new full kitchens and washer/dryer in unit. Beautifully appointed public spaces including library/computer lab, billiards room, numerous sitting areas with fireplaces, nice furniture. WiFi throughout building. Separate garage (with space for storage) for $50. Would need 2-bedroom unit. Balconies. Courtyard with nice gardens and little putting green. Drawback is apartment layout with no place for even small table and chairs and smaller seeming rooms (except for bigger kitchen). Half-hour drive from home in traffic. Contact is Mike - nice energetic young guy from Chicago.

We were very impressed with them.

They could have some more activities. I was very pleased with the whole set up. The cleanliness was good and I liked the design of the building. The whole presentation was very good. We were very impressed with them.

Garden Plaza- Aurora

The apartment is beautiful and the staff is very accommodating. The food is very good. Overall, a great start.

It's going well and we are satisfied so far.

It's going well and we are satisfied so far. They are clean and the staff is friendly. There haven't been any concerns as of yet. They were very reasonably priced compared to the other places we saw and for what you get. They have lots of activities and there have been no complaints about the food, it seems to be good.

Garden Plaza of Aurora

It was a chance happening that I found Garden Plaza of Aurora. I spent many months trying to find a community my father would like, and also fit in. He practiced law in Colorado for 40 years as a trial lawyer. But like many aging people he was not happy with his aging process and lack of the finer aspects of life. Garden Plaza of Aurora was the first immediate "Like" I found in several years of exploring senior communities.

Wonderful Experience

It is outstanding. absolutely outstanding. The aesthetics, furnishings, decorations, the people were just amazing. I have looked at probably 100 and this was the best by far. Cleanliness was a real issue with me, and I was very pleased with what I saw at Garden Plaza. I would gather up the trash and put it outside my mom's door and it was gone five minutes later. I did some laundry for them even the laundromats were clean. Everything worked. You could open the trash can and you could close the lids on the washer and dryer. You can't do that everywhere else. The sales people, the administration staff, they were all wonderful. They even have a concierge. I don't know what their decorating budget is, but it is so beautiful in there. My mother can be quite the conversationalist and loves the interaction. She had found another gal that had relatives in Pahrump, NV which is where she was from, so they really bonded over that.

Not Too Happy With Them

We were not too happy with them. My mother-in-law was only there for 3 days and she fell and was sent to the hospital and had to go back to rehab. They charged us for 2 months. It was a nice enough facility but she wasn't meant for it. The woman that we worked with when we first got there was very nice but I think they fired her. When she fell they did send her to the hopsital so the care was okay.

Carrie Storin

Thank you so much for the review and am happy to hear that your mother-in-law received the care she needed! I do hope the billing was resolved and urge you to contact us directly if it was not.

Thank you!
Garden Plaza of Aurora

Wonderful care for my husband

The caregivers really CARE! Spotless, gorgeous & warm. A real gem.

Aareon Gardina-Hudson

We are so happy that we can provide the kind of care you would expect for your family. Thank you!

Beautiful facility!

Beautiful facility!

Aareon Gardina-Hudson

Thank you! It is important to the staff that we keep our residents comfortable in their home. Come and visit anytime.

Garden Plaza is a great facility ,the...

Garden Plaza is a great facility ,they are very in tune with the new residents, clean, great food, professional, great customer service and informative.

Still being considered. Made a visit.

Still being considered. Made a visit.

Carrie Storin

We would love to have you in for another visit and lunch and of course answer any questions you may have!

Discover Independent Retirement or Assisted Living at Garden Plaza of Aurora Enjoy Independent Retirement or Assisted Living at its best at Garden Plaza of Aurora. Our community facilities are specifically designed to encourage seniors to live their retirement years as actively and as independently as possible. Independent Retirement Living and Assisted Living at Garden Plaza of Aurora allows seniors to live carefree lifestyles – because we take care of the details! Our services include restaurant-style dining, housekeeping and apartment maintenance, and we are committed to making Garden Plaza of Aurora a place you will love to call home!