Chateau Le Petite - Encino, CA

Staff is Wonderful

My grandmother's caregiver [Removed] is amazing so friendly and helpful actually the whole staff is amazing. The environment is nice very clean. My grandmother is 92 so she doesn't eat a lot however what she does eat she seems to like. The community is clean and fresh.

Not such a great care home

Alas, my review is not as positive as some of those posted. My father was there for 8 months from May 2014 until he passed away in February 2015. The food appeared to be mediocre. Activities seemed to consist of parking those in the facility in front of a large TV that was on constantly. The owners also have a curious policy that allows them to charge $10/day for extra "care", but these costs are not itemized in the monthly bills. According to Human Services in LA, this is neither legal nor ethical. Instead, when your relative passes away, the total of these charges is applied retroactively, What this means is that instead of having a prorated refund on any given month, this now vanishes because the cumulative "care" costs absorb it. I'm not sure if the owners designed the cost scheme this way on purpose, or merely take the advantage it offers. Regardless, I'd never put a family member in the care of Chateau Le Petit again.

The staff at Chateau Le Petite is exceptional. They care! Their attention and expertise were impressive. My mother was fortunate enough to spend her last 6 months there. She was fed delicious homemade meals, was expertly and kindly attend to, enjoyed the peaceful, loving atmosphere of the home and the other 5 residents, and even enjoyed sitting in the patio with roses and a pool! This place is full of sunshine and love. The owners are on top of every situation...even to visit my mom during a short stay in the hospital to see that everything was ok there and to offer any help. That was amazing! The home is run extremely well. I wish I had known of this board and care home sooner, but everything happens in its own time. As I live on the east coast, for the first time in many many years I felt relief that my mom was in good hands, safe, and well cared for.

At Chateau Le Petite we offer exceptional 24-hour care and upscale accommodations await you. Our highly skilled and compassionate staff provides you with optimum care and personal attention in a safe and intimate home environment. Our amenities include three meals / snacks (special diets available), medication management, activity programs, daily bathing / dressing / grooming, memory / hospice care, incontinent care management, barber / beautician, and all private rooms. Senior care at its finest!!

Each facility offers a home-like environment in quiet, residential neighborhoods with luxury private rooms.