Chartiers Manor Building II - McKees Rocks, PA

It was an awful experience!

It was an awful experience! When I first went to check it out, it was not a bad place, it was adequate. I moved her in and 10 days later I was given notice that the place was closing and she had to move. We had no notice. As soon as they found out things really started going downhill. They gave no compensation at all. Their doctor was very incompetent and was in no hurry to help get paperwork in order to get my loved one relocated.

Very Accommodating

My loved one has been living here for about two months now, and our experience has been great so far! We have had a few little issues along the way, but they have gotten resolved and we have gotten used to the way things work there. The food is a little difficult sometimes -- they serve a lot of tougher meats, and my loved one often cannot eat what they offer. The activities are great -- she really enjoys them. The director has been great. He is very helpful, very knowledgeable, and has helped us look into things we didn't even know about before. Any problems I have, I can just call him and it is taken care of right way. Definitely check it out!

Nice looking place, but too far for us

We looked at this place when looking for care for my loved one, but it was just too far to be viable. It was a nice looking place, though. It was a much larger community than others we had looked at, and they seemed to have a good sized staff. The layout left a bit to be desired, the building we saw had no lobby area to speak of. You entered through what felt like a side door and into a series of hallways.

Very Helpful Staff - Good Communication

My mom gets a long with everybody. She said everyone is real nice. She's seems to be content and that's real plus. The care is very good. I hear from her like 5 times a day so I know everything that's going on. She loves all of the activities. They're doing a stained glass class right now. They have bingo, crafts, little socials, movie time, church, and they go out to dinner or lunch. The residnets have to pay for that themselves. They have pizza night, manicures, and a lot of other things.

They've been very helpful when I've needed it. It's a little costly for me but that's me. We've applied for the VA benefit but it hasn't come through yet. What I do like is that the admin there is willing to float that amount of money until the VA benefit comes in. I'm very pleased with Chartiers Manor. The admin is very patient with my mother. They call me right away if anything is wrong. I'm real pleased with that. They keep in touch with me and have been very helpful.