Charleston - Cedar Hills, UT

We are just looking at facilities at present, but this one was the best we saw. It's a beautiful facility with wonderful amenities and the price is reasonable for all that is included. This one is top of my mother in law's list!

Great home for mom...

The Charleston has been a great home for my mom. My dad passed away just one week after they moved in. Even though it had been only a week, there were already people who cared about my mom. The night my dad died, about 10 p.m., just when we were getting ready for bed, there was a quiet knock on the door and one of the senior CNAs came to see if mom needed anything, to give her a hug and let her know she cared. She had come after her shift was over. It wasn't part of her job, it was just who she was.
That's only one example of the kindness and caring that has been extended. The food is good, the people are kind, the hairdresser makes my mom feel pretty and we, as family, sleep better knowing she's in a safe place.

Just Sold Our Home

Now that we have sold our home we can start enjoying more of the activities that they offer here. We are enjoying the community very much. We have made friends here everyone is nice and friendly. The staff is very kind and helpful when needed. We find the food to be good. The housekeeping is doing a good job. My wife has already taken advantage of the beautician and was pleased

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

How wonderful to hear! We are so pleased to know that you're feeling right at home and enjoying so many of the amenities and services offered at The Charleston. As an MBK Senior Living community, one of our goals is to be the senior living provider of choice in every market we serve. Thank you for choosing The Charleston -- we're happy to welcome you home and be of service.

The Charlestown was a lovely place. It was clean and well maintained. There were administrators waiting to greet me for my tour appointment. Residents seemed happy. There were lots of activities going on. Seemed like a clean, friendly, caring place. The fees are not all inclusive. There are fees for laundry etc if the family wants those done inhouse. This is fine, I just prefer the all inclusive business model. I would feel good about putting my mother here, but pricing may be prohibitive.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Thank your for your kind words and review of The Charleston. We're pleased to hear you found it warm, inviting, clean and friendly and that you enjoyed seeing all the community had to offer your mother.

Outstanding care for mom

I am very happy to see that my mom is happy in this nice community. The staff are so very nice and my mom likes that they have made her feel comfortable and welcomed. The meals are good and she clains that they are fancy. The are offering her alot of nice activities, and I am sure she will participate in time. She likes being social and feel good here. I have recommend others to this community for the great care and value.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

How wonderful to hear that The Charleston has met the needs of your mother and have made her feel so comfortable and welcomed. We appreciate your kind words about our staff, the activities available, the dining program and that you feel she's receiving great care and value. We're happy to be of service to you and your mother. Thank you.

Four years at The Charleston

My mother lived at the Charleston for four years. She loved it there. She made many, many close friends and especially enjoyed the church services held on site. The dining room staff were kind and friendly and patient. Tracy was so helpful in making transportation arrangements and other special needs for Mother. [Removed] was helpful in making sure her needs were met. Over the years, the activities were fun and plentiful. I often ate in the dining room and enjoyed the company of her friends there and also the kindness of the servers to visitors. Many days I found community visitors playing musical instruments and decorating the doors of the residents for fun. I would recommend this assisted living center for anyone such as my family who could not meet all Mother's needs at home. The staff even made arrangements for her closest friends to attend her funeral. Super staff!!!

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Thank you for your kind words about The Charleston's staff, dining and activities program; and most of all for letting us know how much you and your mother enjoyed the experience here. We hope you're finding comfort in happy memories of your mother. It was truly our pleasure to have been of service to you both.

Our Walk Around the Community

They look brand new and it is huge with lots of residence here. It looked like a younger assisted living facility. They do not have memory care with limited care, no one was in a wheelchair. They have programs, amenities, and activities offered. Pets are allowed too. It looked like a very nice place but was out of our driving distance. They were the nicest, modern, and expensive community.

Great home for 101-yr old grandpa

We searched all over for a place that would work for Grandpa. He just turned 101 at the beginning of March. He is independent and still full of life, but needing more attentive care. The Charleston is clean, comfortable with large rooms and great activities. The food is high quality too. The staff was very welcoming and accommodating and helped to get him settled. We appreciate that they are willing to work with home health and hospice companies. This helped to save us some on the cost of his care. And while the first two weeks were a little rough for him (transitioning to a new place), the staff cared about resolving any issues and genuinely cared about him and his comfort. We are happy that he is happy and that he feels at home!

We toured the Charleston and were very impressed. The Staff and the residents were very friendly.
So Happy that there was and LDS Branch of the church right there. That was one of our deciding factors.
Had lunch there and the food was really good. My mother comments on how good the food is quite often.

good experience

Charleston was overall a good experience. The facility is very clean. The staff there is friendly. I have no complaints about this facility. I am pleased with them.

Raving Charleston Fan

At 83 my elderly mother was suffering from severe dementia. After my dad past her symptoms worsened to the point we believed it best for her to have professional, full time care.

I was terrified to put my sweet mother in an assisted living of any kind but believed she would have a better quality of life with her family close and professionals on full time. After much debate and a painful decision making process we selected the Charleston. The facility was 25 miles from my home, but we felt good about the move.

Earlier this month my dear mother past away. To say the staff Charleston was exceptional during my mothers time at the Charleston would be an understatement. The staff became like family. They cared for her like she was a dear relative and friend. She was not only cared for but she was loved. MacKenzie, Aubrie and Megan were exceptional. They went beyond the traditional care giver roll countless times to make sure not only my mother but our family was cared for.

Without hesitation I would recommend the Charleston in what can often be a painful and confusing time. Much gratitude to my Charleston family.

overall excellent

At Charleston they are overall excellent. The staff is a definite 5. They have been real good to work with. Overall I am very pleased with the facility.

Would give 10 stars if I could!

It's been going very well and they are enjoying living there.

Best assisted living in UT

It was a difficult decision to move my grandparents across the country from KY, but after looking over several assisted living facilities, we decided that The Charleston was definitely our top choice for them. The facility is wonderful and the staff is amazing. They are always looking for ways to help us as family and definitely are concerned with the welfare of my grandparents. I am so glad we chose this facility and we have had a wonderful experience since day one. I would recommend this facility to anyone looking for a way to assist aging family members. They really are the best in Utah.

very nice place

Charleston was a very nice and fancy place. They had a room available for mom and dad and we got them moved right in. My mom commented about the place saying "this place is just too fancy for me" which kind of made me laugh, and tells you how nice the place is. It's been a great experience and I would certainly highly recommend Charleston.

Too far from family

Too far from family

Everything really has been great! I w...

Everything really has been great! I would actually probably give them a 5. There was just one incident that wasn't so great, but other than that, it's clean and the staff is friendly! Great place!

The Charleston is Cedar Hills's most distinctive resort-style retirement community, overlooking the beautiful picturesque mountain ranges of Cedar Hills. Imagine a lifestyle where every day feels like a vacation. A home where you are surrounded by an extended family of friends and caring staff. Days filled with entertaining social activities, or days of quiet relaxation in the privacy you desire. Finally, imagine all of this in a luxuriously appointed, resort-style residence.

At The Charleston, all of these amenities and more are available in our full-service senior apartment community. Designed with your comfort and satisfaction in mind, our residence reflects years of experience in, and dedication to, premier senior living of choice.