Bel Aire Senior Living - American Fork, UT

The staff loves my mom!

This facility absolutely loves my Mother and they take really good care of her. Every time I visit her, the building is always clean. For activities, they offer things like musical classes, bingo, manicures, and field trips. Her room is spacious and they have a nice courtyard to walk in. I would recommend this facility to other families

I loved my visit with [Removed]. she was full of information and loved her work, the facility, the owner, the residents - she cared. I loved that it was all-inclusive in cost. This is an important consideration for a fixed budget. The facility was clean and well maintained. I toured three facilities and this was my favorite by far. Many of those who work there has been caregivers themselves so the really understand what a family member wants for their loved one.

Small and Wonderful

We love it here, the care has been excellent for my mother-in-law. We found that this was the best place for her. It is a small facility with about 30 residents. We know the entire staff and the manager is a wonderful guy. You can go right in and talk with him if it is open.

Negligence

My one star is because the care offered was negligent, and bottom line - that's what is most important. I took my mother there for respite care so we could take a trip to visit my son. Two main issues: first, she was not assisted in showering. That was a 'must' and was not done. She showered herself, alone daily. Second: and more important, her portable oxygen concentrate was never charged. This unit supplies her oxygen during the day when she leaves her room. It needs to be charged nightly. I showed the unit and explained how it was to be charged. I also explained that she was able to turn it off and on during the day to suit her needs, but unable to manage the charging. It was NEVER charged. She had no oxygen during the day. You would think someone would have noticed the red lights which indicated a DEAD battery. After picking her up, I phoned to inquire about this and was told that yes, someone should have helped her shower, and that there had been a miscommunication about the concentrator. How can vital oxygen be a source of miscommunication? My mother was supposed to return a week later so that I could attend a graduation trip with my daughter. I was told that they would get it right - this time- and to give them another chance. I cancelled her stay and I did not attend the trip. It would have been negligence on my part.

This was a positive experience for us puttain't mom here for a weekend. They seemed truly concerned from r her care and well being.

A One Month Stay well Worth It

My mother-in-law lives with my family in Arizona but she wanted to visit friends and family in Utah. She spent a month at Bel Aire in Orem and had nothing but a good experience. She liked the atmosphere, the friendly staff, the good food, the activities, the size of the facility. Everything she talked about was positive. The staff was really good about facilitating the experience of only staying for one month. They helped us make sure she would have everything she needed for that month. They were flexible and helpful. We hope that after this she will be able to go visit every six months. It was the most inexpensive option we found yet provided a first-class experience.

They were very kind and considerate. They showed all the residents a lot of respect.

Everything is going pretty good so far.

Everything is going pretty good so far. It's clean and the staff is friendly. All of my expectations were pretty much met.

Very nice facility, impress...

Very nice facility, impressed with what is included in care, activities and overall feeling there, residents seem happy. Massage, hair salon, field trips, church services, dining area. One thing I didn't like is no common area for residents to 'visit'. Layout a little confusing, I think would be fine if she had a mail level room.

Bel Aire Senior Care

Pretty good. Communication between facility and family is not good. Don't let us know much of what is going on.

I think we get very good value for the money we pay.

I think we get very good value for the money we pay. They have good food. She is happy and she is really comfortable. They are very good with their response and communication. They have a good variety of activities. I've come at different times of the week and different times of day and they all seem to be doing a good job and taking good care of them.

concerned appliances were b...

concerned appliances were broken in laundry room.

Steve Sabins

We are happy to report that all the issues with the appliances in the laundry room have been fixed and we are fully operational.

Bel-Aire is an amazing place for my mom! She is so happy there.

I was so fortunate to find Bel-Aire for my mother. She has early Dementia, but is still an active, vivacious, caring woman. I looked at many facilities before Bel-Aire and I knew she would be miserable in the majority of them. I was looking for a place that didn't feel like a nursing home, yet could provide increased memory care as her Dementia progressed. I knew she would be happy at Bel-Aire from the moment I saw it and I have been so thankful that she is able to live there ever since. It seems more like a retirement community, while providing the services of Assisted Living and Memory Care. The staff always treats my mom with kindness, compassion, and respect. I am so thankful for that because my mom is a smart, wonderful woman, just one with a severe memory problem. She would be offended and terribly unhappy if she were to be treated like a child. Furthermore, the meals are wonderful and the facility is clean, well decorated and never smells bad. Bel-Aire was also key in helping us find the programs available for my mom to qualify financially to live there. I honestly feel like Bel-Aire helped saved my mom's life. I can rest every night knowing that she is not just safe, and well cared for, but also very happy.

Best bang for the buck

Bel Aire was the best bang for the buck. It cost less then other communities for comparable services and care. The price difference was not extreme but it was enough to make a difference. The community was also conveniently located to our home and work so it makes it easy and convenient to visit our loved one. We would recommend this community to anyone.

Fine Job

They're doing a fine job. The only thing is that they call us to let us know that they're out of depends. Please, just stock depends and bill us!

Bel Aire Senior Living defines excellence in senior care by providing services that maintain a meaningful and dignified lifestyle for aging adults. Bel Aire’s assisted living options offer personalized assistance, supportive services and compassionate care in a beautiful, newly remodeled environment. It’s the perfect alternative for seniors who can no longer live on their own at home, yet don’t need 24-hour, complex medical supervision.

Bel Aire recognizes the special needs of people with alzheimer’s disease and other related memory impairments. We have developed a program that can bridge the effects of dementia to meet the emotional needs of each individual. Group and personal activities are specifically designed to maintain and enhance cognitive, sensory, physical and social abilities.
We believe that in spite of the effect of dementia related disease, the human connections we make with our residents will bring them and their families comfort and pleasant days ahead.

Primary Services

• Trained staff available 24 hours a day • Medication distribution • three delicious, home cooked meals served daily • Snacks available between lunch and dinner • Family Connections: A family online access to daily care • Weekly personal laundry • Daily physical fitness, creative, social, educational and spiritual activities and programs • Monthly wellness visits • Social and educational programs for families