Cerna Healthcare - Irvine, CA

Cerna Healthcare - Irvine, CA has yet not published prices.

• Private Duty Nursing
  • Transportation
  • Laundry
  • Grocery Shopping / Errands

The Caregivers Give Different Help

We used the caregiver recommendations to arrange for 24 Hr HomeCare to help my mom. It started great and now it depends on the caregiver we get. It could be great or exceptional.

Go Elsewhere

Stay clear of this home care company. They are all about money and they do not have a clue about medical needs for seniors. Caregivers are uneducated and office staff is as well. Too many other companies in OC. No MSW on staff, No RN on staff and rates are higher than most for the quality of care you receive. Try 24hr homecare or Salus.

Great care and great Service.

This is a great service for those needing care for a loved one. The care taker was nice and always arrived on time. They did everything that we asked of them to help with the care that was needed. We would inform others this service is what you would want to a loved one.

Communication is key and I am not getting that.

Now unfortunately I am not in the same location as my dad and I am not getting to experience the care they are giving my Dad first hand. In the beginning I was the contact and starting services with them seemed promising. So far they have not communicated with me or kept me updated on the day to day with him. Thank God I have people that are keeping a close eye otherwise I'd be completely uncomfortable. The caregivers seem to be doing well but the admin never get the invoicing sent on time and I am now looking at eleven different invoices to be paid. I really don't appreciate them not being on top of things and I do not think I will be recommending them to anyone.

The gal I talked to was one of the nicest (that's why a gave 2 stars instead of 1). However, when it came to scheduling a caregiver, she couldn't deliver. Also, during the first conversation, the rate was $19/hour, then in subsequent conversations it went higher. I feel the bate and switch was used to try and get my business.

Temporary Kind Help

Cerna provided my mother with great help while she recovered from her emergency (she fell and broke her hip) hip replacement surgery. We were able to tailer the assistance according to my mom's daily needs. One thing that was helpful to me was that I was able to communicate with my Cerna contact through text. At the end of the week we would make a plan for the following week and we gradually reduced the caregiver's time. I was able to sleep peacefully knowing that my mom was in good hands.

Cerna

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your mom's comfort and yours is of the utmost importance. As you said, timely communication is key and texting was a great way to stay in touch! Your peaceful nights of sleep is exactly what Cerna aims to achieve.

Be hands on.

Catalina who was the cerna contact person , was 5 stars.The actual help was 2 and a half stars.They were rarely on time and had to be reminded of their complete duties. M.K

Fantastic job, Catalina and Betty!!

Catalina of Cerna Healthcare has done such a fantastic job helping my sister and I with home healthcare for our Mother. She has taken care of many issues along the way and has immediately rescheduled care providers when needed. Betty, the home care provider, has taken such wonderful care of Mom -- it is quite a relief to have such a caring person watching over Mom. Since my sister and I both live approximately 100 miles away, it is comforting to know that we have such a great team in our corner. Thanks, Catalina and Betty for making Mom comfortable in her home in the twilight of her years.

Cerna

Thank you for your wonderful feedback Candy. At Cerna, our reward is your comfort and your mom's. We are your team - and I'm glad you know you can depend on us!

With Cerna Home Care you are treated like family. Whether you need some help around the house for a few hours a day or care 24 hours per day every day, we have the right care aide and program for you or your loved one. Our caregivers provide, companionship, bathing, grooming, light housekeeping, medication reminders, exercise, general assistance, errands, cooking and much, much more. Cerna maintains Workmans Compensation Insurance, Liability Insurance and a Surety Bond to ensure there would never be Homeowner liability. We also have continuing levels of care that incorporate more therapeutic/rehabilitative care. Our level II service provides focused cognitive activity, physical activity, lifestyle planning and constant monitoring to ensure progress. So whatever your care needs might be, Cerna will provide the flexibility to grow with your ever changing needs.

You can log in to our website and view the Care Plan and Daily Care Notes that are entered in by the caregiver on a regular basis.

Our levels of service and duties below: Level I – Bathing, Grooming, Custodial Care, Meal Preparation, General Assistance, Bathing, Exercise, Socialization, Stimulation, Outings, Meal Planning, Hospital Sitting and Patient Advocate, Errands, Cooking, Projects, Medication and more.

Level II – Provides Specific Types of Care – Alzheimer’s Care, Dementia/ Memory Care, Focused Cognitive Stimulation, Physical Stimulation (following the visiting PT program), Blood/ Sugar and Diabetes Management, Therapies, Diet Planning, Parkinson’s Care, Lewy Bodies Care, Stroke Rehabilitation, Cognitive Progressive Monitoring, Fine and Gross Motor Skill Exercises, Balance Exercises and much more.