Lack of care!!

My mother was only at this community for a short period of time before she had to leave due to her health problems that had came up. I will say that I am a little upset on the lack of compassion the management had when she left and that they did not follow up with us at all to see how she was doing. I would think they would want to make sure she was okay and that things where going better for her.

Holiday Retirement

Hello there, thank you so much for reaching out to share your feelings with us; my name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and I appreciate you sharing them with us. We hope your mother is doing very well, and apologize very much for the oversight. We hope you are also doing well, and will reach out if we may be of further assistance. Thank you so much. --Katie

Beautiful facility, many programs. They are going to have a new security system that will provide each resident with a personal monitor and GPS - Neat. Waiting to see all my options before I select.

I love it!

I had a very good tour of the Cedar Woods. The staff and residents are so nice, and the place itself is beautiful. I am planning on making it my permanent residence as soon as I can.

Best Place You can Pick

A friend invited me several times and each time my visit was very very good. Cleanest place I have visited and it just has such good vibes. Everyone is happy it seems. Workers and all the residents just bragging about Cedar Woods

A very nice place!

The people at this community has been great and super helpful. The community is clean and open. The food is good and they provide a variety for my loved one. I am moving my loved one out of the community just due to needing a little more assistance.

My Parents Have Adjusted Well To This Community

Both my parents are doing well here at this community. Their transition process went well, and I'am satisfied with their move here. The community is well maintained, they do a good job with the cleanliness. They have a good staff. There are activities available for the resident to try. The meals need some improvements. They need better quality food, and a healthy selection to choose from. Overall this is a lovely community, and I would recommend it.

Horrible experience. Staff was unresponsive to almost every request. They acted as if they're too busy to assist when was in need. There's a supervisor named [Removed] who spoke to me and other residents like we are dirt on his shoes. Very glad I got out of this facility. I do not recommend.

Holiday Retirement

Hi Tim, We appreciate you taking the time to reach out and provide us your feedback, although I will say we are disappointed and very sorry to see your experience is not at all consistent with the expectations we set for ourselves. If it's possible, we'd love the opportunity to learn more about your experience and work to make it right -- in fact, our employee relations team is ready and standing by, and more than be happy to step in and provide additional assistance. They can be reached at 1[removed] and would love to hear from you! Thanks again for taking the time to share with us your feedback, hopefully we will hear from you soon and find resolution. Thank you, and be well!

Review of Cedar Woods, Branford, CT

Having to find assisted living for my 92 year old mother has been exhausting and very overwhelming. And to find out how much these kind of living communities cost was a total shock! And especially for someone who did not prepare financially for this. However, Cedar Woods was one of the most reasonably priced, the location and living accommodations are wonderful. It is like living my mother now living at a hotel resort. Cedar Woods is kept immaculate and everyone who works there has been a wonderful help and so understanding during this whole process. It already feels like home to my mother and this is the most important thing to us.

Very Happy

We moved my mom in a few weeks ago and we are all so pleased and happy with our decision. The people are friendly, the staff is always smiling and willing to help, the apartments are beautiful, and the few meals I had with mom were wonderful. The decision to move a parent into a facility is a hard one, but when you have a wonderful place like CedarWood, it becomes much,much easier,

Cedar Woods-So far so good!

My mother has only been there a little over a week but she is very happy with the people there both employees and residents. I am very impressed with the entire staff from housekeeping to aids to management. So far so good and I definitely feel we made the right choice.

need to do a better job with their food

So far things are going good at Cedar Woods. They do need to do a better job with their food. It is not good at all. Other than that I am pleased with this facility.

Bad experience

My wife and I were here for five months before we moved out and it was the biggest mistake we made. They made a lot of promises they did not come through on, it was just a very poor arrangement. They had a lot of staff turnover, including the cook, so they ordered a lot of pizza. [removed] People had dogs that barked all the time and it just felt like a zoo.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. First, thank you for your sincere review. I'm so very sorry to hear about your bad experience at Cedar Woods. I find the pizza detail particularly troubling. We pride ourselves on our food service program so that is certainly not the Holiday standard. I've passed your review on to our Resident Relations department for their investigation.

Katie

They had lots of activities, and it was pretty clean, and friendly.

We toured here, and it's pretty nice. My loved one isn't quite ready to make a decision. They had lots of activities, and it was pretty clean, and friendly.

They do a pretty good job for the most part.

They do a pretty good job for the most part. It's definitely clean, and the staff is friendly. The only thing that I would like to see done differently, is the strict times for people to eat. It would be nice if they would make meals during a window, breakfast served from 8-9 for example. If you aren't there by eight o'clock you don't get breakfast. It would also be nice if they communicated more with the families, about activities and things going on in the community, maybe send the newsletter to the families, instead of just making it available in the community. If you don't live nearby, that can be difficult.

This facility is the best o...

This facility is the best of both worlds. Its activities, amenities, and layout are like assisted living, and there are 2 home-care agencies on-site for any and all needs, but it's a fraction of the cost because its license is for independent living. Their philosophy is Aging in Place, so residents never need to move again. Keep Me Home (one of the 2 on-site agencies) will bring in any services needed, including physical therapy and hospice.

HI Kathy: Thank you very m...

HI Kathy: Thank you very much for helping me out. I will be living at the Cedar woods as of June 17, Thanks again

3 overall

I'm not entirely pleased with this place, but it's better than nothing. It is more conveniently located than some of the other communities we toured.

Home Away From Home

My parents have been at Cedar Woods just under a month but on first impressions they are comfortable there. The live-in managers are a couple with 2 young kids and I like that family atmosphere. They are very personalble and accommodating. They will address any issues brought to their attention. My folks went there from an Assisted Living facility and the change was made based on cost. My folks were living independently in an Assisted Living facility which I discovered is more costly just by its name. The same basic services are offered in Independent Living facilities with the most important being 3 meals daily. My folks did not want a stove and the Manager readily agreed to take it out and provide a microwave in its place. (It was imp that the stove was physically gone). Management also made some small changes to accommodate how they will use their space. Apartment insurance is required and I think that is quite wise given the age group and that fire sources (stoves for one) are being used by elderly and some are prone to forgetfulness. If and when my folks need additional help it can be contracted with agencies to step in and provide that higher level of care. The Facility is well mainted and ample gathering areas apart from tenants' personal spaces and many activities to participate in if they desire. Shopping and doctor's appointments can be scheduled by the tenants themselves unlike Assisted Living where a verbal is given and the staff will schedule with the driver. I think tenants need to be somewhat active in their own welfare for the most part or have family/friends available to assists at times or pay for those agencies to fill the gaps. I am in my early 60s and I like the ideas of showing up and having my meals served restaurant style - right now - lol. If you want to stay involved in your loved ones lives without having them under your roof for what ever reason (space or time issues) it is a great option being offered. Continuity and schedules (dinner and exercise, etc) are important as we age. Also interaction with others in the same age group or being able to bond and form new relationships can be an important part of a quality life for the elderly.

Lovely for the right person.

Cedar Woods is similar to a college dorm experience. Residents have their own apartment and rent includes meals, linen and cleaning service, and basic cable tv. Each bedroom and bathroom has a pull cord but only the house manager (one person usually) covers everything that happens. Basically they call 911 for you. There are two health service businesses with offices in the building. Our family member is totally independent and has not used any of their services. Each apartment has a kitchen so one could continue to provide their own food. The meal plan cuisine is low quality and not great on nutrition. For people who are aware of what they are eating, the meals are barely adequate. Small pets are allowed. The building is quite beautiful and almost always very clean. Cedar Woods does not require a lease or much up front fee. The monthly rent is rather pricey for the level of service, yet the facility is probably best suited to people with little or no need for services. The community appears quite accepting and warm. Promises were made to induce us to sign up, but most were not kept. There is supposed to be a van available for group and individual needs, but it is never available for individual needs and was recently in an accident. It was taken out of service for awhile. One day a week a hair dresser serves the residents. Staff are in theory assessing and keeping tabs on the residents by working as servers in the dining room for every meal. Some staff are short with the slower residents. The current managing family has an elementary school age child who can be rambunctious.
Bottom pretty, clean, friendly apartment building with meal plan great for people who can afford the rent and don't need health care or home aide services and who have their own transportation and are capable of locating their own doctor, dentist, etc. . Lots of stores etc. nearby.

No complaints!

From what I can see with my parents doing it, the care is good, there's no medical part of it, they don't really need that. It's defintiely got me thinking for the future and they're very happy with it. I think they just felt the most comfortable there, they have 3 meals a day, the food's not 5 star but its acceptable, they don't have any complaints. My father said it's starting to taste the same but if you go to the same 5 star restaurant 3 times a day that would start to taste the same too. My mother's very happy thought because she doesn't have too cook anymore.

Easy location near New Haven Very at...

Easy location near New Haven Very attractive buildings, roomy apartments. Cordial friendly welcome Menu choices available for meals No outside areas rent subject to yearly increase if not fixed 3 meals nice but more than needed assisted living not available

Situated on beautifully landscaped grounds, you’ll love the elegant quality of our facilities while enjoying all the convenience of the nearby community. We’re just minutes from shopping, dining, entertainment and the prestigious Yale Hospital.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind