Cedar Woods Assisted Living - Belleville, MI

Looks like would be affordable for my mother's care needs. Many different cost options. Tour was great.
I would consider this facility for my mother. Still looking for options for her dog however, there may be none available.

Good Community for My Mother

I do feel this is a good community for my mother, and her needs. Everything has worked out pretty well, and I'am comfortable with her move here. I know she is in good hands, the staff is good. They are taking good care of her, and her needs. When I visit the community, and her room are well maintained. They could use some improvement in the laundry area, they tent to lose clothes a lot. Also I would like to see more of a variety of foods for the residents to choose from. They do offer a wide range of activities. This is a community I would recommend to my friends, it is working out well for us.

Cedar Woods - A Home for Dad!

My dad is a Cedar Woods resident in the memory care section of the home. He is very comfortable at Cedar Woods and I wouldn't want him staying anywhere else. The staff is the best around and always friendly and caring towards him and all the residents. The constantly keep him busy with things to do like activities and games to play. I have searched and been to dozens of assisted living facilities and none compare to the quality and home sense presence like Cedar Woods does! My dad loves Cedar Woods and I am very happy I found them!

Thank You Cedar Woods Assisted Living

The best assisted living home around hands down goes to Cedar Woods. My dad loves it here and the staff is all very friendly and caring. Thank you for all that you guys do.

Best Assisted Living: Cedar Woods of Belleville

My dad loves Cedar Woods and is very comfortable here claiming it truly brings an at home environment to him as soon as he walked through the doors. My dad is a memory care resident at the assisted living home and the staff is always so loving and caring it makes me as comfortable putting my dad in there hands. The constant updates being made are also very resourceful, especially the new theater room its really awesome! I have researched multiple places and visited many but none of them come close to Cedar Woods Assisted Living of Belleville. My dad loves it here and I am comfortable with him here!

Comfortable Care!!

My loved one has recently moved into this community and so far we have no complaints on how things are going for him. The staff are very helpful with all of his needs and I am very comfortable with the quality of care he has been receiving. He has enjoyed the dinning experience with the other residents and has liked participating in a few of the activities they have available. Overall we are pleased with how things are going.

Cedar Woods Rules!

My dad loves Cedar Woods. The staff is awesome and updates and improvements are constantly made to make the most at home and healthy environment for its residents. I have checked out all kinds of places and no place compares to Cedar Woods in anyway possible.

My Mother Loves Cedar Woods

Cedar Woods is by far the best place around for my mother. She is extremely comfortable here at tells me the staff is always there for her and as friendly as they come. The new advancements made seem to brighten my mom up with excitement as she enjoys going to the newly built theater room to enjoy her favorite movies and shows. I have looked all around for the best place for my mom and Cedar Woods is the best choice by far. My mother never wants to leave and constantly shares how Cedar Woods is a place she is proud to call home!

Nice property that looks like they will be able to provide the level of assistance my uncle will need at this time.

Cedar Woods is an Amazing Place !

My Mom is very happy at Cedar Woods. The staff is friendly and very supportive. They care about all their residents I watch them every week. The price is a bargain for all the services. I want to thank all the Cedar Woods staff from the bottom of my heart. Keep up the great work.

I liked the feel of this facility. It felt and looked like home. Decided to move in.

Good Fit for My Sister

This community is working out quite for my sister, and her needs. They are able to keep up with her, and her personality. I do feel comfortable with her move to this community. It is a good, safe facility. They have a friendly staff here. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. So far everything is working out well, and this is a community i would recommend.

Too Far, But Tour Went Well

We had a nice tour of this community, everything looked great. All the staff was very kind, and welcoming. All our questions was answered, and they were very informative. The community is very well-kept, they do a good job with the cleanliness. The location was to far for us to travel too, but our tour went well.

Great place because of the service and staff

Very Clean. Staff is well trained. I feel good about my Moms care. This the best value in town. The recent updates are really nice. My sister who lives out of state really appreciates the email updates from [Removed]. I strongly recommend Cedar Woods to any family member.

I would not recommend!

I would not recommend this place to anyone. It smells, it is less than welcoming when you walk in. The rooms are like dorm rooms, there are 2 beds and one window. The staff was not engaged with the residents. Also, they charge individually for the amenities.

Best Price for Great Service

Best price for great service. Although the facility is not new or fancy it is very clean. I've appeared unannounced many times and the cleanliness and service is impressive. The staff does a great job and they do care. My father needs to be changed several times a day and they do a good job taking care of him which makes me feel good. My Dad gives them a hard time but they are very professional when helping him. Other locations wanted an extra $1500 per month just to change my Dad. Thankful Cedar Woods prides themselves on trying to help out good families who have to work from a budget. This place is a great price for all the services they provide.

Did not have a good experience!!

My husband recently had to leave this community because the administration said they could not care or meet his needs for him any longer. My loved one was only there for a very short time and upon move in they knew all about his medical history and did not express concern at that time. It is very difficult to keep moving him around so I would have appreciated if they where honest with me from the beginning. They did not offer any memory care help and I am very upset about the way they handled this situation. The only positive thing we got out of this place was Dr. Paris, he is wonderful.

Calm and Family Values

This community is kept clean and the staff make basic and good meals. My mom thinks the meals are fine and enjoys the activities, they are age appropriate. Everything is well and the staff are good with the care. My mom has a walk-in bathroom. The great thing is they have about 23 residents and they are like a family. They share everything and my mom likes to help make the beds and clean off the table, it is perfect. My only complaint and they could try to improve are some things are lost or misplaced at times.
ther is an atmospher that is calm, that is what yo need.

Cedar Woods wasn't the best choice.

The staff were not attentive enough to my aunt and unable to answer all of my questions. This community would benefit from an update and it isn't very clean. They do offer many activities for the residents. My aunt enjoyed the food and ate well.

Good Place for Parents!

Need more help!!
Very clean!
Very nice workers just not enough workers

Review of Cedar Woods Assisted Living - Belleville, MI

Exceptionally clean and well maintained. Staff is very upbeat friendly and caring. The only thing I didnt care for was the lack of color and no carpeting which made the community feel sterile rather than homey

Very satisfied!

We are very satisfied overall with Cedar Woods Assisted Living. My father-in-law is doing great there. The food is good for him. They do offer activities for the residents.

Great Place for Your Loved One

I could not ask for a better facility for my Dad. It is secure and the staff is so friendly, kind and caring, and they know what they are doing. They are so helpful and have been there for our family. Thank you Cedar Woods staff.

Very nice place

They do a very good job at Cedar Woods Assisted Living, I'd give them high marks across the board. The facility is clean and well kept, the staff is friendly and professional, and they've taken great care of my loved one. I have no complaints!

this was a very negative experience. The courtyard was unkept and the building itself was old and depressing. At one point the guide told me of one resident that was sent out to a ward outside the facility to help with his behavior. When he returned he was still combative so they told the family they had to take him out. IMMEDIATELY. Transition for these residents should be expected and dealt with professionally.

Great Place

My mother-in-law is loving all the attention she gets at Cedar Woods Assisted Living. She is always happy and joking around when we go to see her. The place is clean,the staff is friendly and what ever we need they take care of it. It is very clean.

They go out of their way, they go above and beyond. Anything you need or anything you ask, they do it. I am very appreciative for that and they really take the time and patience with my mother.

Great care for the price

Overall I think they do a good job at Cedar Woods Assisted Living. The staff here are friendly and professional, and they're very accommodating and flexible in regards to care. The facility itself is also very nice looking and clean. I do think they could be a bit more reliable when it comes to communicating with the families of the residents, however. However, for the price they provide really excellent service, and they are a great affordable solution and I would absolutely recommend them to others, especially if money is a concern.

The staff has been most helpful. Not only with the transition of person involved, also with the family. When something arises they are working with everyone to solve glitches. Pam has been most helpful.

This is a great community.

This is a great community. Both from what I have seen, and what I have heard about this community. They deserve high ratings.

Overall I was pleased with the community

Our only concern was with our mother getting UTI's. I felt like checking on her every two hours would be too long for her to go, she would need more assistance using the bathroom. Overall I was pleased with the community, it was in a good location for us, distance wise. I can't really say about the care services, or the activities, though they do provide activities. My loved one doesn't socialize so it wasn't much of an interest to us.

Pretty good

The staff is very nice and attentive. My wife got pneumonia and they caught it right away. The community is well maintained and clean.

Special people, who really care about the quality of life.

I have only wonderful things to say aout Cedar Woods. Everyone was wonderful to work with, from the administration to caregivers, had a wondeful experience. They were so kind and thoughtful up and including the end.

Review of Cedar Woods in Belleville, MI

I couldn't be happier with Cedar Woods. The staff is cheerful and can't do enough for you or their residence. I visit at least 4 times a week and always find it clean and welcoming. I trust them with my mother completely.

Review of Cedar Woods in Belleville, MI

Where do i begin! The day I came into tour the site, I was over welmed with the cleanliness, and warm hospitality :) 2 months later when the time came to bring dad till the present time I feel the same. Love, love, love everyone on how much they care for Dad and myself (helping me there this stage)

care ans peace

The care and love my mother receives from Cedar Woods has so reassured me that she is living in her new home. They truly give my mom the attention and professional personal care is needs on a daily basis. Which in turn I'm given the piece on mind that mom needs are meet. I would recommend Cedar Woods to anyone wanting excellent care for your loved one and peace of mind for yourself.

Nice Price, a Poor Choice

We were not satisfied at all with the care given to my Father who had dementia. Even though my Dad was diagnosed with blood clots, his Coumadin levels were not being accurately monitored, nor was he given his Coumadin correctly, or sometimes not at all! After being there about a week, he was rushed to Hospital for choking. He was sent back to the Hospital on at least two other occasions. He really was not the same after his stay at Cedar Woods. I believe they were really understaffed, and not properly trained. We also never received all of clothing when he left the Facility.

Nice price, a poor choice!

We liked this place as well...

We liked this place as well, the staff was very friendly and this is more of what we are looking for.

My mom was only there for 2 weeks, wh...

My mom was only there for 2 weeks, while my son and I went to Iowa to settle her affairs. My mom is not the easiest person to put up with, but what bothered me was most of her clothes were missing when we picked her up. Even after we labeled them. She also lost her cane and glasses. We have since retrieved most of her clothes, and maybe her glasses. I don't think I would use them again.

Great place for the price

Lobby is lovely! Very warm and inviting for families. Rooms are a tad old but the staff cares, food was good, cabana was in a secured area so families could be outside.
It's not marble and chandeliers but it's homey and safe. Good place for your loved one. We enjoyed our visit very much!

good place

Cedar woods worked wonders with my sister she was very depressed at her last place but that has changed it's like night and day

Sleeping GREAT at night.

My mother lives here and I couldn't ask for a better community. The staff here are great, loving, caring and respectful. They treat my mom with the up most respect and dignity. Sunni, Tywonda among the other staff are polite and if I ask a question they have a answer to it and if they don't they will follow up with me on a answer. Knowing what this community was before and to see the changings it has gone threw is another plus. The food is home cooked and the staff in the kitchen always offer me something to eat. You NEVER smell anything when you walk in the community nothing other the cleanness. Over all I am VERY please with Cedar Woods. I can sleep at night knowing my mom is being well taken care of. Not to mention its inexpensive.

was very sad when i left he...

was very sad when i left here. i could not use this facility looks outdated and in need of much repair could not see my mother here thanks

A nice place, overall!

This is a nice, clean facility, and the staff all seem very friendly and professional. I do wish they had a few more activities for the residents. What really matters is that my loved one is somewhere safe and clean. I know that she is happy and well taken care of here.

They have done a good job.

They have activities everyday but, there isn't much excitement, they do the same thing everyday. So the variety and quality of activities could be improved. They don't have enough laundry staff, and it can take a while for the laundry to come back after they take them to wash. The laundry sometimes goes missing. They gave me a plan and said that he should be checked every so often and that doesn't always happen, when it's supposed to. The head of the nursing assistant will correct any issues right away and she is on top of it. This looks kind of hospitalish. The show room seems to be outfitted with things that aren't provided so keep that in mind. For the price and the location, I don't really have any complaints. The owner is constantly making changes, and upgrading. The dinners don't have a lot of really good meals. They know everybody by name and their temperments.

Didn't Care for It

On the outside, it's not very appealing. It looked like an old motel or something. I did not like it. Inside, I didn't care for it, either. I had the feeling that those people weren't getting very good care.

Sounds good. Dominique Hous...

Sounds good. Dominique House seem nice, helpful, and anxious. Memory care has a flat rate of $3,200 and for dad in the future could range $1,800-$3,500.

Cedar Woods is a very clean facility ...

Cedar Woods is a very clean facility with very friendly personal. They have been very polite and answer any questions I have in a very timely manner. My mom is suffering from dementia and is a resident in their memory care unit. I am impressed with 24 hour care for all the people who reside there in comparison with the place she was before. It has been a little over a month she has been there but I am pleased so far.

Respite Care

Her care was first rate. The only thing I had to complain about is when we were leaving.
We marked all of her clothing and they weren't able to return them with us. About half of them were missing. The nurse there who was about her height and weight commented that she didn't know my mother was just there for respite care. She thought my mother was a new patient! It took Cedar Woods about a whole week to recover all the rest of her things.

Helpful staff, but not a lot of them on holidays

Because I've never been anywhere else I can't say it would be number one with the other places. Their staff is very nice and very friendly, they try to help you in any way they can but basically I don't see them on a day to day or even week to week basis. I've been there on holidays when there's not much staff there at that time; they have adequate staff to take care fo the residents but there's been a few times where they didn't quite have the staff for emergency type things. One day somebody had an accident in the hall and they didn't have anybody to clean it up right away. Everyone is extremely friendly and they do try to get to you as soon as they possibly can but they don't have all the extra staff on the holidays. I found during the week the care is very good, they have bingo, they have church services, they have sing alongs, they have a lot of stuff that unfrotunately my mother doesn't want to do. She has made suggestions and they've brought those activities in but she doesn't do those either.

People are very nice and he...

People are very nice and helpful. The facility is very clean and looks like it will work out well for Mom. So far so good.

Good Community

This was a very nice and pretty community. It would have been a wonderful choice for our loved one but it would make it too inconvenient for our loved one. The Access Transport does not go here so they would have to figure out a different way to get to and from appointments. Overall it was a very nice community that would have been a good choice was in the top 3 communities during our search.

Good Communication

My mom was in there for about 2 weeks when we left on a month long vacation so I haven't been there in a little while and have mostly phone contact with them.

We needed to find a place quickly and they were very helpful and worked with us financially to get my mom in there. They're a nice bunch of people from what I've seen. Because I live 35 miles away and am on vacation right now, the doctor called when he saw her, the psychiatrist and occupational therapist called. They're doing everything they can to keep me in the loop and communicate with me.

So far so good. Mom has been at Ceda...

So far so good. Mom has been at Cedar Woods for two days and from what I've seen and the people I've talked to She is getting good care. Everyone is so nice and willing to help. I can rest easy knowing my mom is being taken care of.

Great Location

We chose Cedar Woods because it is conveniently located for our family; it is only about 15 minutes away from our home so it makes it easy to visit whenever we want. It just seemed like a good fit for her and she is very happy there. She has friends here and is enjoying herself. We are very pleased with Cedar Woods.

I would not recommend

My Dad was there for about a year. The nurses are all great and helpful. the cafeteria was not at all good. The food is something I would not feed to my dog. The picture shows linen table cloths, no not at all. They all the time lost clothing, false teeth and eye glasses that were all marked with my fathers name on them. I felt that the manager of the place was fake and overly to nice trying to get your family member to move in. I found on several occasions that she just flate out lied. Even the nursing staff didn't agress with her techniques on running the place but could not say too much because they need a job. When I toured the place she had her food brought in her office to be served like a queen. Her food looked great with all the fancy dishes and wine glass but the residents there were not served just good food and service where she tired to make me believe that is the way all residents were served. I would never recommend this for your parents! Only a supervisor can take temps or something that needs attention and sometimes it takes an hour to get a supervisor to come. The regular nurses can't even shave the residents so sometimes my dad went days without be shaved so if I happened to be there I would do it myself. Like I said if there is an emergency you have to wait for a supervisor to come and sometimes it's too late.

Nice, but price range to high.

Nice, but price range to high.

The staff friendly and caring but it ...

The staff friendly and caring but it is old facility