Cathedral Village - Philadelphia, PA has yet not published prices.
From the Office
At Cathedral Village, you have the flexibility to create your own experience. All of our senior living services are available as you need them, from our Independent Living, At-Home Services for in home support, Personal Care, or Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation.Outstanding dining options, an extraordinary Fitness and Aquatic Center, state-of-the-art greenhouse, blooming gardens, courtyards, wooded areas and rolling landscape are only a few examples of our commitment to purposeful living and well-being. In addition, our on-site Village College is the ideal venue to pursue a wide range of topics from literature and politics to creative arts.In addition, you will also be invited to schedule a complimentary consultation with our Design Specialist to talk about how you might want to design your new home with custom closets, colors, and other special details that matter to you.There is no other senior living Continuing Care Retirement Community like Cathedral Village. It's as distinctive as each of the individuals living here.
Cathedral Village is located in northwest Philadelphia, minutes away from Wissahickon Valley Park where seniors can enjoy nature at their doorstep while still being close to all amenities and resources they may need.
- Walkability Score: 60/100. This means that while some errands can be accomplished on foot, a car would be beneficial in order to access the majority of Roxborough and Great Philadelphia's resources. The Downtown Philly core can be reached in about 25 minutes by car.
- The average age of residents in The Woodlands is 36.1.
- # of Senior Housing Facilities in the area: 14 in Roxborough, and dozens more in the Greater Philadelphia area.
- # Veteran Facilities in the area: 1, the VA Philadelphia Regional Benefit Office is only 13 minutes away by car.
- Weather in Roxborough ranges from warm and sometimes humid in summer with temperatures on average ranging from 69-87 degrees Fahrenheit and winter from 26-40 degrees, though it certainly can be hotter or cooler.
Roxborough has excellent public transportation options and residents can easily get around town on the public buses, trains and trolleys. Seniors may take advantage of heavily discounted and even free rides on public transportation.
- The Roxborough town website has useful information for getting around town. Residents over age 65 are eligible for Free or Reduced Fare, and simply need to fill out a PA Senior Transit Application.
- Roxborough has numerous taxi services to choose from: Zerit's Taxi Cab, Best Taxi, JLJ Transportation.
- Uber and Lyft ride share services are available in Roxborough. Seniors can easily find a ride by downloading either of these apps on their phone.
Health and Safety
With an award-winning community hospital just a few minutes from Cathedral Village, plus nearby world-class facilities in the Philadelphia area, seniors and their families never have to worry about not having access to care.
- A sampling of hospitals in the area: Roxborough Memorial Hospital, a community hospital offering both acute and chronic care to patients; nearby Pennsylvania Presbyterian Medical Center is a world leader in non-invasive procedures and was one of the first hospitals in the country to establish a coronary care unit; Thomas Jefferson University Hospital nationally ranked in 11 specialties and has been especially recognized for its Ear, Nose and Throat department.
- Roxborough has a relatively low crime rate, and 27% below the national average so residents can feel comfortable living there.
Sports and Leisure
Philadelphia has a number of professional and semi-professional sports teams for residents to support! Additionally, there are many opportunities for seniors to get active and involved in their community through local programs and events.
- Residents can enjoy live performances by the Delaware Valley Opera Company, a partner of the Philadephia Parks and Rec Department. It even offers free shows in the fall! The Roxborough Orchestra is another symphony orchestra that residents can enjoy, often performing at local churches.
- VividSeats is a useful website for people who want to enjoy a live sports game in Philly.
- The Manayunk-Roxborough Art Center (MRAC) offers adult art classes such as drawing, painting, mixed-media and photography. They are great ways for seniors to get creative and stay connected to their community.
- The Schulkill Center is a great resource for seniors who want to get out in nature and connect with other's while enjoying meaningful activities.
Shopping and Entertainment
Roxborough residents can easily access all their retail, food, and pharmacy needs locally, or can travel the short distance to downtown Philly for more options.
- Malls: Andorra Shopping Center, Ivy Ridge Shopping Center, ShopRite.
- Residents can enjoy the local Regal Cinema that offer senior discounts.
- Roxborough area has two libraries: William B. Stephens Library and the Roxborough Branch Free Library. It offers many fun activities targeted towards seniors such as book clubs, Author Hour and computer classes where seniors are supported while learning basic computer skills.
Roxborough and the Greater Philadelphia area offers numerous places of worship for religious or spiritual practitioners of all sorts.
- The Roxborough town website conveniently lists dozens of churches, synagogues, mosques and other places of of worship so residents can find a community they feel serves their needs.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
A Little Pricier
We looked at Cathedral Village. It was a little pricier and I guess that really dictated things. I think it's reasonable for assisted living. It's not home but I don't think that's really an issue with the place. The people were nice. Nobody was mean or anything like that. I think my in-laws were not happy with the change, leaving home at all, so they were not amenable to anything.
That was a real nice place but it's just too expensive. My mother really liked it!
VERY expensive and they don't tell you that up front
I liked it very much. The one thing that I think was in terrible taste is that they get people very interested and then they suddenly told you the financial expectation on their part which was really horrible. It basically said that you would need a half a million dollars for ever and ever and ever. I think that's a terrible thing to do. They get you interested and they don't talk about the money until they have you packing up to go there.
It's a beautiful place but what happens if you run out money? It was very unsettling. They only provided one meal and if you wanted more meals you can have them but you have to pay for them. Very handsome place though.