Catalina Springs Memory Care - Oro Valley, AZ

Horrible

Unethetical and absolutely no integrity. Management will hide things from you and lie through their teeth! This is why last year many residents were pulled out when new management took over. As well as the original staff leaving! If you love your family members DO NOT TAKE them here! They will not be properly taken care of! Our loved on is at a better facility now! Nothing but a horrible experience! And to have management falsely say they have family in the facility is a disgrace! Frontier management get your act together.

Catalina Springs

My father has been at Catalina Springs for about a month now, and overall, it had been a good experience. Our only issue is that the staff said that his pictures would be hung in his room as soon as he moved in, and it still isn’t done. I had to ask them again last week to do it. Other than that, it’s fine. The staff is generally very good, and they take good care of him. My father likes the food, which is half the battle because he’s a picky eater. They do have activities, but my father usually doesn’t participate, being more of a loner by nature. He does have a group of gentlemen that he eats with and socializes with on occasion. The place is clean, and my father likes that it is a relatively small community. Over all, Catalina Springs has been a good experience for us.

Care Is Fabolous Here

We couldn't be happier with the care that my friend is getting here. Unfortunately, her health seems to be in general declining however the staff is wonderful and very attentive and is doing what they can to make her comfortable. When my friend eats the food has been very good she was enjoying it. We feel very comfortable with her being here it was a little further than what we were looking at but because they had made such a good impression on us we decided it was worth the drive

Needs Great Improvements!

The tour of the facility and the folks who get you to "buy in" to their facility were very convincing. They do not make the residents come out of their rooms nor make them participate in any daily activities. There is no such thing as Montessori type program! The nurse is a joke!! The director is completely uninvolved and is never available to speak with.

Staff turnover is very HIGH!!

The staff speak spanish to each other in front of all the residents as if they are not humans at all! They are on their phones and not paying attention to the residents.

There is no schedule for the residents other than when the meals are served. The food was great at first and now it is horrible - the staff will admit they won't touch the food! Very disappointed with the facility.

Frontier Management

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your opinion plays an integral part in the care we provide our residents. We deeply regret to hear that your experience with us has been negative. If you'd be willing, please reach out at [removed] to discuss ways to improve your experience with Catalina Springs Memory Care moving forward. Thank you for your input, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Avoid Catalina Springs!

When this facility first opened it showed to be a positive environment for our loved ones. Once the original executive director left, things went downhill fast. They have had tremendous difficulty keeping caregivers and they often run short handed. The sanitation of the resident rooms is poor, caregiver training extremely poor and the nursing staff non-existent. There are very few activities and the daily activity board is a joke. Today the activity director doubles as the front desk secretary (as does the housekeeper and caregivers). The mismanagement over the past 18 months has led to many families moving their loved one out The Executive Director presents her self as uncaring and void of emotion. She is rarely seen on the floors of the facility and when concerns are brought to her attention she often says "Oh?" Most often nothing is done to rectify the problem. I recommend you go elsewhere to place your relative, this facility appears incapable of maintaining a safe and loving environment. It is extremely expensive and offers far less than other facilities. Do your homework and look elsewhere.

Frontier Management

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your opinion plays an integral part in the care we provide our residents. If you'd be willing, Becky Allison would like to speak with you at [removed] to discuss ways to improve your experience with Catalina Springs Memory Care moving forward. Thank you for your input, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Mom's care

The care at this community is very nice. The staff are nice and helpful. I like that she is liking the menu. The community is clean and maintained. We like that she is involved with the activities with the other residents. We would recommend for other to tour this community for the value and the care of a loved one.

Don't believe the information they give you

Staffing is like a rotating door, Executive director is either incompetent or just doesn't have the training needed for a memory care facility. She is not involved and lacks leadership skills and compassion for the residents and families. Caregivers always seem to be understaffed and expected to do laundry, activities, food service as well as caring for residents. Cleanliness of the facility is hit or miss as they seem to have trouble maintaining a housekeeper. Much of the time residents sit around with nothing to do but wait for the next meal. Other than a glass of orange juice at breakfast, water is the only beverage offered. This was the decision of the executive director. At more than $7,000 a month one would expect a variety of liquids. Breakfast and lunch are well prepared, dinners are less than desirable with repetitive plates served containing tater tots and half of a tuna sandwich. Nurse has also been a position that has had a good deal of trouble with maintaining. The latest flu outbreak is a good example of the lack of supervision and regard found at Catalina Springs. The flu was rampant yet the director failed to notify the health department, failed to put up appropriate warning for visitors on a holiday weekend and failed to notify the health department. Staff, holiday visitors and residents continue to suffer from the flu outbreak because she couldn't (wouldn't) be bothered even after many family members requested she take action. I would never recommend this facility, not until they find staff to manage appropriately.

Frontier Management

Thank you, for reaching out to us. Your opinion plays an integral part in the care we provide our residents. We strive to maintain excellent business relations at Catalina Springs Memory Care. Please email Becky Allison directly at [removed] to discuss ways we can work towards resolving this issue to your satisfaction. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

My choice!

When I toured the Catalina Springs Memory Care, it was a very nice place. I really liked it but my father had already chosen the Brookdale. We went with his choice.

Mother's Home

I like this community for mom. They are very caring and attentive to her needs for the great care. The meals are outstanding and a good variety and the chef goes out of his way to make sure she is accommodated on anything she wants. She likes the activities and they help her in many ways. I would recommend this community for the great value and the care that is given.

Frontier Management

Thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with Catalina Springs Memory Care. Your recommendation of our community is one of the best compliments we could receive! Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet.

From What I Hear...

The care is going good and everything is fine from what my dad's wife tells me. He is getting respect and the staff are fine people. The community is clean and seems to be good. I think that it seems a little under staff but my dad says he is getting the care he needs. His wife says good things about the community.

Moved in December 2014

We placed our loved one in Catalina Springs on the day they opened their facility. We are extremely happy with the beautiful surroundings, excellent cuisine and activities too numerous to mention. Staffing is always difficult when opening a new business and they've had some changes. We thank management for being persistent in locating the best of the best when hand selecting their core staff. We are comforted in knowing our mom is not only well cared for but loved by their employees in our absence.
I completely disagree with the negative comments listed below and believe they were written with malice and not factual at all. I have left my telephone number with the executive director for anyone that may wish to speak with me directly for a reference to Catalina Springs.
GMC

POOR QUALITY CARE

This place is a poor value for your money. It is seriously understaffed and general care is lacking. There are too many people for the number of caregivers and the turn over rate is high. Management is unresponsive and full of excuses.

Lacking

For the amount of money you will be paying at this place it is really lacking. Activities do not get done. Short staffed, nurse that does not complete assessments, lack of supplies including gloves for staff.

Beautiful!

this is a brand new property! It's beautiful and has a lot of activities!