Carriage House Inn - Shelbyville, TN

Highly recommend

Although they was a few other options in Bedford county Carriage House Inn was by far the best choice for my family member. The food was great!! Dad was very happy there. The staff was kind and helpful. He didn't participate inn all activities but he liked knowing they were there if he wanted to participate. They helped him with he's medications which was on less thing I had to worry about. They nurses and directors were always very helpful when I had so many questions. I would definitely recommend this facility to my friends.

Christina Trentham

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We love our residents and we feel privileged to have the opportunity to care for this beloved generation.

Great choice for your parents

My mother was very happy with this beautiful facility. She always complimented the food and the cleanliness of the building. The staff were always very helpful and kind. I highly recommend this facility for others in this area.

Christina Trentham

You should know this detail

My mother was in independent living and fell one day. She crawled to the bedroom to pull the cord and, when no one came to get her, she called 911 to get her up. The only thing the facility staff did was chastise her for calling 911 instead of calling the administrative office -- no visit from the nurse, no apology for the malfunctioning pull cord. No evaluation of the events that led her to fall, which turned out to be a likely TIA.

Also, the pipes freeze in the winter due to poor construction so she had to carry water to the commode to flush the toilet for days at a time.

Shelley Hamner

We are sorry that you are not satisfied. We would welcome the opportunity to speak to you in person about this situation. We pride ourselves on providing the best possible care for our residents.

Lovely environment for the elderly.

Thank you!

Great senior community and compassionate staff!

Shelley Hamner

Thank you for your feedback!

Review of Carriage House Inn Shelbyville, TN

I love living at Carriage House. I feel very safe here. I loved my home but the area I lived had changed and I no longer felt safe. I love the food it is better than any restaurant in middle Tennessee. The staff are loving and care for me as if I am their own Mother. There is nothing else I could ever ask for; I just love it.

Shelley Hamner

We are so glad that your are so happy! We think the food is better than any restaurant too!

Review of Carriage House Inn Shelbyville, TN

Very nice assisted living with great staff. Clean and accommodating environment for elderly patients.

Thank you very much!

Review of Carriage House Inn Shelbyville, TN

Very nice facility. Always ensures that their patients receive the best care. Very easy to work with.

Review of Carriage House Inn Shelbyville, TN

It is a great place to live. The employees are so very good to me and to all of us.

Review of Carriage House Inn Shelbyville, TN

I moved in this community two years ago, after two years becoming a widow. I'm very pleased, happy and content. The employees make us feel we are part of this place and support us in all we want and need. The life is happy, fun and love is really shown to each one of the patients. We are blessed to have church every Sun. This is Home for me.

Shelley Hamner

We are so glad that you are so happy. We do our very best to make our residents happy on a daily basis. Keep the feedback coming!

Review of Carriage House Inn Shelbyville, TN

Mom moved into independent living apartment in 2007. She has received excellent care as her needs have changed over the years, moving into assisted living then to Heart Remembers (in house Memory Care for Carriage House). Now she is receiving hospice care along with care from the staff and doing well. We feel very fortunate to have this facility in our hometown.

Review of Carriage House Inn Shelbyville, TN

This is a loving caring community to be a part of.

Thank you- we agree!

I am happy living here.

Review of Carriage House Inn Shelbyville, TN

I rate Carriage House high. It is a great facility. I've been here for 2 years and still rate it very high.

Review of Carriage House Inn Shelbyville, TN

Beautiful community with great staff.

Review of Carriage House Inn Shelbyville, TN

Beautiful facility, great caring staff. Carriage House is a real team and family style facility where the residents come first!

Review of Carriage House Inn Shelbyville, TN

Best place in town! Love all the staff. They are great!

Review of Carriage House Inn Shelbyville, TN

A good place to be when you need help.

Review of Carriage House Inn Shelbyville, TN

It is an excellent place. Very nice place to be. Amazing leadership.

Review of Carriage House Inn Shelbyville, TN

I live Carriage House! The folks in charge are awesome and all those employees are excellent. We have great programs-exercises-bingo-and others-and many special events that are such fun. I am the biggest advocate of this great place and would recommend it to everybody! God Bless Carriage House!

Review of Carriage House Inn Shelbyville, TN

I would love to be at my home but this is fine. Everything is done real good.

Review of Carriage House Inn Shelbyville, TN

Living quarters are marvelous.

Review of Carriage House Inn Shelbyville, TN

There is not a better place anywhere.

Review of Carriage House Inn Shelbyville, TN

We are so fortunate to have this caring, dedicated staff. Their attention to detail is great and they go out of their way to please you. Staff is available as soon as help is needed and everyone works well together. Great leadership starts at the top and that is very apparent at Carriage House!

I really liked the outdoor walking paths and the activity rooms.

Would NOT recommend this place

We did not have a good experience with this community at all. We moved my loved one in during the holiday season, and it seems like she got completely lost in the shuffle. They seemed like they weren't expecting her at all, the place was not clean, nobody showed her around or introduced her to what they offer (and they still have not, a month later), and they just really did not leave a good first impression at all. They also have issues with their maintenance and cleaning staff. The level of maintenance is not acceptable, I have seen wheelchairs snag on plants that were allowed to grow into sidewalk paths. The cleaning staff have been very impersonal and unprofessional, and make Mom feel like a stranger in her own apartment when they come in to clean.
This all came as a big shock because the community looks very nice, and their sales staff sold it very well. Unfortunately the quality did not live up at all to what they promised during the sales process.

Very pleased

My husband was at the carriage house inn. My overall rating would be five stars. My husband could not participate in all the activities, but they did offer many things to do. My husband was there for a short time and the staff was very nice and caring. The place was clean and friendly and we are very pleased with them.

Finding an assisted living facility for those that are dear to you can be a difficult decision, as there are a variety of options available. You want them to be in a comfortable, safe environment that provides for their specific needs. If your family member is unable to continue living independently in their present home, but is not in need of special medical attention, consider Carriage House Inn. Carriage House Inn is located in Shelbyville, Tennessee, a quaint city about 50 miles southeast of Nashville. This scenic area provides many opportunities to participate in community activities, or simply enjoy the beautiful surroundings. We pride ourselves on managing a clean, attractive facility with well-maintained grounds. By providing a pleasant living environment, residents are encouraged to interact through activities and shared meal times. This enables you to have peace of mind knowing your loved one will receive the proper nutrition and social stimulation that allows them to maintain a healthy lifestyle, and live a content, satisfied life. Our staff is available 24 hours a day so your family member will never be without immediate attention should the need arise. We are able to help residents monitor their insulin levels and provide standby help, such as when transitioning from bed to a wheelchair. Complimentary transportation is also available. As the needs of those close to you are changing, rely on Carriage House Inn to help in ensuring they have the support necessary to enhance their quality of life, and give you peace of mind. We place the same priority on your loved one as you do.