We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
Caroline Place Retirement Residence - Hamilton, ON has yet not published prices.
Covering 439.43 square miles. Hamilton, ON is one of the relatively larger cities in Canada. It has a population density of about 1,245 residents per square mile. This city has a decent walkscore, and is easy to get around in. The weather is quite beautiful and accommodates outdoor activities and sports. Seniors will enjoy the many nursing homes and veteran's facilities offered in the city.
- Walkability score: Hamilton, ON has a walkscore of 51, which means that quite a few daily errands can be accomplished on foot. It's the 8th most walkable city in Canada.
- Average age in the zip: In 2011, the city had a population of 721,053. The median age of residents at the time was was 41.2 years.
- Senior housing facilities in the zip: There are about seven nursing homes in Hamilton although there are many additional options in surrounding cities. Rates typically range from $1,550 to $7,356 per month.
- Average weather info: There are 3.6 months in the warm season and 3.4 months in the cold season. It's generally partly cloudy throughout the year, and daily temperatures can range between 18 and 79 degrees Fahrenheit. Daily temperatures rarely get below 2 degrees or get above 88 degrees.
- Veteran's facilities: There are quite a few veteran's facilities in the area although the most popular one is the Hamilton Community Based Outpatient Clinic. The clinic offers a wide range of services from telehealth services, audiology services, nutrition counseling to families and individual counseling.
Getting around Hamilton is easy, as there are many transportation services offered by the city. Numerous bus routes get to every corner of the city and run seven days a week. Residents can catch the train to get to nearby cities. There are also quite a few taxi companies and ride sharing services available as well.
- Buses: The Hamilton Street Railway, or HSR, operates the buses in the city. It offers numerous routes and the buses run every single day of the week. To ride the bus, get a PRESTO card. There's a senior discount program for anyone 65 years of age or older. Residents 80 years of age and older can get a Golden Age Pass for $6.
- Trains: The GO Train runs through Hamilton and is connected to many other cities.
- Taxis: There are quite a few cab companies in Hamilton, ON. Popular options include Hamilton Cab, Blue Line Taxi and Hamilton Airport Limo Taxi, which is an airport shuttle service.
- Ride shares: Both Uber and Lyft operate in Hamilton. There are other ride sharing services available on independent websites.
Health and Safety
In comparison to many large Canadian cities, Hamilton, ON is not necessarily the safest. It has a relatively high crime rate that has been increasing over the past several years. The city offers numerous hospitals and medical centers and facilities to the public.
- Hospitals in the area: There are several hospitals in the city. The major hospitals include Hamilton General Hospital, St. Peter's Hospital and Juravinski Hospital.
- Crime rate in the zip: The level of crime in Hamilton is moderate in comparison to other large, metropolitan cities. In 2014, the crime rate for violent crimes was 915 incidents per 100,000 people.
Sports and leisure
Easily stay active and healthy with the numerous recreational centers in Hamilton, ON. There are plenty of public golf courses and tennis courts that can be enjoyed. Residents can also sign up for senior-friendly classes and lessons at a number of different gyms.
- Golf courses near by: Play golf at a number of courses in Hamilton and in neighboring cities. Popular courses include King's Forest Golf Course, which is a public golf course, Chedoke Civic Golf Course and Dragon's Fire Golf Club. Many of these golf courses offer senior discounts.
- Tennis courts/clubs near by: Popular tennis courts can be found at Hamilton Tennis Club, Rosedale Tennis Club and Ancaster Tennis Club. Many of these clubs also offer tennis lessons.
- Gyms near by - senior friendly (aerobics): A variety of gyms offer senior-friendly activities and classes. Get active and stay fit at GoodLife Fitness Center, Momentum Fitness and 5 Star Fitness and Nutrition Center.
Shopping and entertainment
There's quite a lot of events and things to do in Hamilton, ON, so there's never a boring day. Enjoy many shopping outlets, restaurants and movie theaters. Bookworms will gravitate towards visiting libraries, and there are also plenty of attractions that will interest historians and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Clothes Shopping nearby: Find clothes and other necessities at CF Lime Ridge, Hamilton City Center and Eastgate Square. These shopping malls have many major brands and small boutiques.
- Grocery stores: Enjoy fresh produce at Nations Fresh Foods and Starsky Fine Foods. There's also plenty of Oriental super stores that carry Asian brands. A popular store is the Tan Thanh Supermarket.
- Other restaurants: Sit down for cocktails and a delicious meal at Earth to Table Bread Bar, The Mule and Aberdeen Tavern. The steaks at Radius are divine and The Ship has a wonderful seafood selection.
- Movie theaters: Watch newly-released movies at Landmark Cinemas 6 Jackson Square and Westdale Theatre. Enjoy performances The Zoetic Theatre and Creative Arts Company. Many of these movie theaters offer senior discounts.
- Libraries: Grab a book at various branches of the Hamilton Public Library. Those looking to read research papers and scientific literature will find what they're looking for at McMaster University Library.
- Attractions: Take a walk in the Royal Botanical Gardens to enjoy blooming flowers. There are also quite a few trails in the city for outdoor enthusiasts. Historians will enjoy the tours offered at Dundurn Castle.
Regardless of one's religion, there's always a place of worship available in the city. Easily find religious groups to pray with.
- Religious facilities nearby: There are quite a few churches in Hamilton. Some popular selections include People's Church, Hamilton Mountain Seven-Day Adventist Church and the Living Hope Christian Assembly. There are also quite a few temples, like Hamilton Hindu Samaj Temple, Anshe Sholom Temple and Chua Huoung Dam Temple.