Best Assisted Living in Tucson

[name removed] is very happy living in her beautiful new home and I am relieved knowing that she is receiving the care and attention she needs. Carlton Village is always clean and the meals provided are healthy and good. The grounds are beautifully maintained, with flowers everywhere, which makes their daily outdoor experience serene and enjoyable. They offer daily activities and even win little prizes when they play games! I am very pleased with [name removed] (the Manager) because I know [name removed] will always be safe and well cared for.

Caring,Supportive and Friendly Senior Residences

Just moved my parents into this place. The staff is warm, caring and supportive. The Exec. Director is knowledgeable, friendly and her experience is invaluable to family as they transition senior parents into this type of environment.

My parents have only been here a short time, but I know as they transition and settle into this environment I am confident that they will receive excellent care.

Expert, Compassionate Care

My family and I could not be more thankful for the personal and compassionate care our dad received. The facility is beautiful, and very peaceful. The management was very receptive to our personalized needs, and patient with all of our concerns.
I am grateful to the entire staff.

Si Habla Español !

My Father recently was introduced to Senior living,He mainly speaks Spanish and was having a hard time with communicating with his caretakers.To my relief when I came to tour Carlton Village,I quickly realized that there were staff who fluently spoke Spanish!Not to mention Profesional,Friendly,and Knowledgeable. Which is a HUGE help for my father, Especially when he needs something late at night or has a Dr. appointment in the morning.And A Big Relief to me having the peace of mind my father can communicate his needs to their courteous staff.Also the facilities are as safe and secure as they are beautiful,So Need less to say We have found a home for [Removed].

What beautiful homes, family like setting friendly staff that took time to answer all my questions. Lovely flowers to look at well visiting under the gazebo. Conveniently located walking distance to shopping and dining .

Wonderful care! wonderful place!

I'm looking for a place for my mother and I think this is it! The property is quiet,beautiful with trees and flowers everywhere! Staff is very super friendly, knowledgeable and comforting to both me and my mother. Mom is absolutely in love with the beautiful gazebo in front and I'm in love with the convenient location there are plenty of shops and restaurants around for easy outings they even have security on property at night it doesn't get much better then that.

Rebecca McFarland

We were so happy to meet you and your mother. I'm sure your mom will love sitting out in the beautiful courtyard,enjoying the weather, watching the birds or visiting with other residents.

I visited the facility and it is so beautiful and the few workers i met were wonderful anf answered all questions we had. My grandmother is going to love it there.

Rebecca McFarland

We are very pleased you enjoyed are facility We are looking forward to having your grandmother move in soon.

Best place

Toured and loved the place. polite, friendly, clean. great activities. will be submitting info needed and place my father here very soon.

Rebecca McFarland

Thank you Bertha, we are very pleased you like our facility and look forward to having your dad join us.

Our beautiful new homes have 10 private suites with 1/2 bath, per home around a family living room, dining room, and kitchen. Meals are prepared in each kitchen with attention to special dietary needs. Residents enjoy the continuity of familiar faces and caregivers and the individualized care that only comes from trusted friends

City info

Tucson's rich history and modern facilities combine the best of yesterday and today, all in a beautiful desert setting.

- Walkability score: 63

- Average age in the zip: 32.8

- # of senior housing facilities in the zip: 2

- Average weather info: Tucson has mild winters and hot summers, with an average high of 66 in January and 101 in July. The monsoon season sparks summer rain and thunderstorms. Snow is rare.

- Veteran's facilities in the area: Tucson Vet Center, VA Northwest Tucson Clinic, Southern Arizona VA Health Care System

Transportation

Tucson's much-lauded public transportation provides safe travel for seniors.

- Buses: SunGO Cards from Sun Tran allow seniors to ride the city buses, shuttles, and streetcars at a reduced fare.
- Trains: The historic Tucson train station services the national Amtrak routes. Sun Tran runs a streetcar linking downtown Tucson to the university.
- Taxis: Taxi services include Yellow Cab, VIP Taxi, and 24hr Express.
- Ride shares: Seniors can call for Uber or Lyft rides through their convenient phone apps.

Health and Safety

Carlton Village is in close proximity to major hospitals, including the University of Arizona's own medical center.

- Hospitals in the area: Northwest Medical Center, Carondelet St. Mary's Hospital, Banner-University Medical Center

- Crime rate in the zip: 85705 has a crime rate of 7,272 crimes per 100,000 people, or 7.2%.

Sports and leisure

The area surrounding Carlton Village offers plenty of options for seniors to stay active.

- Golf courses near by: The city operates five municipal golf courses, including Silverbell Golf Course, El Rio Golf Course, and the Randolph Golf Complex.

- Tennis courts/clubs near by: Flowing Wells High School, Pima County Community College, Himmel Tennis Center

- Gyms near by - senior friendly (aerobics): Donna R. Liggins Recreation Center, Lighthouse/City YMCA

Shopping and entertainment

Tucson is home to a wide range of senior-friendly shopping, dining, and entertainment.

- Clothes Shopping nearby: Tucson Mall, Nordstrom Rack, Ross Dress for Less
- Grocery stores: Safeway, Trader Joe's, Food City, El Herradero
- # of Luby's near by: n/a
- Other restaurants: IHOP, BJ's, Olive Garden, Famous Dave's
- Movie theaters: AMC Loews Foothills 15 plays new releases. The Fox Tucson Theater, built in 1930, shows classic movies throughout the year.
- Libraries: Woods Memorial Library, Flowing Wells Library
- Senior friendly salons (men and women): Al's Barber Shop, Cost Cutters, Tucson College of Beauty
- Attractions:

- Cheer for the Tucson Roadrunners hockey team.
- Visit Nandy the baby elephant at the Reid Park Zoo. Seniors get discount admission.
- Take a trip to Old Tucson, family theme park and site of many classic Westerns.
- Seniors can tour San Xavier del Bac, a gorgeous Spanish mission built in 1692.
- The University of Arizona Astronomy Department hosts free public lectures and stargazing nights.
- Hike, bike, and camp among the giant cacti at Saguaro National Park.

Religious facilities

Tucson is a very diverse town. The Catholic and Jewish communities are particularly large and host city-wide events year-round.

- Religious facilities nearby: Holy Family Catholic Church, Grace St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Silverbell Baptist Church, Tucson Jewish Community Center, Congregation Or Chadash, Muslim Community Center of Tucson