We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
Our beautiful new homes have 10 private suites with 1/2 bath, per home around a family living room, dining room, and kitchen. Meals are prepared in each kitchen with attention to special dietary needs. Residents enjoy the continuity of familiar faces and caregivers and the individualized care that only comes from trusted friends
Tucson's rich history and modern facilities combine the best of yesterday and today, all in a beautiful desert setting.
- Walkability score: 63
- Average age in the zip: 32.8
- # of senior housing facilities in the zip: 2
- Average weather info: Tucson has mild winters and hot summers, with an average high of 66 in January and 101 in July. The monsoon season sparks summer rain and thunderstorms. Snow is rare.
- Veteran's facilities in the area: Tucson Vet Center, VA Northwest Tucson Clinic, Southern Arizona VA Health Care System
Tucson's much-lauded public transportation provides safe travel for seniors.
- Buses: SunGO Cards from Sun Tran allow seniors to ride the city buses, shuttles, and streetcars at a reduced fare.
- Trains: The historic Tucson train station services the national Amtrak routes. Sun Tran runs a streetcar linking downtown Tucson to the university.
- Taxis: Taxi services include Yellow Cab, VIP Taxi, and 24hr Express.
- Ride shares: Seniors can call for Uber or Lyft rides through their convenient phone apps.
Health and Safety
Carlton Village is in close proximity to major hospitals, including the University of Arizona's own medical center.
- Hospitals in the area: Northwest Medical Center, Carondelet St. Mary's Hospital, Banner-University Medical Center
- Crime rate in the zip: 85705 has a crime rate of 7,272 crimes per 100,000 people, or 7.2%.
Sports and leisure
The area surrounding Carlton Village offers plenty of options for seniors to stay active.
- Golf courses near by: The city operates five municipal golf courses, including Silverbell Golf Course, El Rio Golf Course, and the Randolph Golf Complex.
- Tennis courts/clubs near by: Flowing Wells High School, Pima County Community College, Himmel Tennis Center
- Gyms near by - senior friendly (aerobics): Donna R. Liggins Recreation Center, Lighthouse/City YMCA
Shopping and entertainment
Tucson is home to a wide range of senior-friendly shopping, dining, and entertainment.
- Clothes Shopping nearby: Tucson Mall, Nordstrom Rack, Ross Dress for Less
- Grocery stores: Safeway, Trader Joe's, Food City, El Herradero
- # of Luby's near by: n/a
- Other restaurants: IHOP, BJ's, Olive Garden, Famous Dave's
- Movie theaters: AMC Loews Foothills 15 plays new releases. The Fox Tucson Theater, built in 1930, shows classic movies throughout the year.
- Libraries: Woods Memorial Library, Flowing Wells Library
- Senior friendly salons (men and women): Al's Barber Shop, Cost Cutters, Tucson College of Beauty
- Cheer for the Tucson Roadrunners hockey team.
- Visit Nandy the baby elephant at the Reid Park Zoo. Seniors get discount admission.
- Take a trip to Old Tucson, family theme park and site of many classic Westerns.
- Seniors can tour San Xavier del Bac, a gorgeous Spanish mission built in 1692.
- The University of Arizona Astronomy Department hosts free public lectures and stargazing nights.
- Hike, bike, and camp among the giant cacti at Saguaro National Park.
Tucson is a very diverse town. The Catholic and Jewish communities are particularly large and host city-wide events year-round.
- Religious facilities nearby: Holy Family Catholic Church, Grace St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Silverbell Baptist Church, Tucson Jewish Community Center, Congregation Or Chadash, Muslim Community Center of Tucson