Canterfield of Clay County - Middleburg, FL

Canterfield of Clay County - Middleburg, FL has yet not published prices.

Nothing is what it seems at Canterfield of Clay. The price they quote you at is by far the bottom line. They charge you for EVERYTHING! Cant make it to the dinning room THEY CHARGE YOU! 1 mile over on medical appt. THEY CHARGE YOU! Need a little more asst from staff THEY CHARGE YOU! They try to drain you bank account IMMEDIATELY after moving in. The staff is young and childish. They consistently play at night throughout the halls LOUDLY and are never available when needed. The food is by far the worst! You never know for certain what the soup of the day is let alone what the meals are. Terrible job posting daily meals. Dont get sucked into having you life savings sucked out of you by these volutures!

Canterfield of Clay County

I regret to see that these are your thoughts about us. We always strive for high standards and this is NOT our typical customer experience. In fact, I hear so many compliments from guests and residents, on a consistent basis, about how friendly, happy and welcoming our team here is. Our pricing is very competitive with other senior living communities within the surrounding area. Our doors are wide open and we're happy to speak with you to address any concerns you've experienced. I am personally available to speak with anyone about any fees and charges that we have. We have a talented group of chefs who are committed to serving quality meals to our residents. Menus are posted and updated daily outside of the dining room. I welcome you to tour and have lunch to sample our meals and decide for yourself what a great job our team does.

GREAT DECISION

My best day was when my mother said "I really like being here....they take good care of me"...then I new I had made the right choice. Thank you for making your residents care a priority. Mom is content and well cared for and that gives me peace of mind. Thank you all for loving my mom too.

Canterfield of Clay County

Thank you Becky for the wonderful review. We love our residents and we are honored that you chose Canterfield to be a part of her journey.

Apartments are much smaller than we could accept.

Canterfield of Clay County

We appreciate the feedback. While our apartment sizes are competitive with other local communities, we understand it may not fit everyone's individual needs. We are building independent villas that will offer one and two bedrooms, ranging in sizes from 1770 square feet for a one bedroom to 1840 square feet for the two bedroom villa. We'd love to show you our larger options.

Needs Lots of Improvements

This is not what was advertised and what we signed a contract for. It is a brand new place so I'm going to give them a chance to fix things. Nothing is functioning the way its supposed to. They have a spas and that has never worked. They have a beauty salon but no beautician. They have an exercise room that they keep locked and are told we can't use unless we have supervision. Which there is no staff they cut back on the staff because there aren't enough residents yet. They told us they had restaurant style set up for the meals and they had a Veterans Day banquet and we got all the leftovers from that for a week. And they don't have any options. They had a gazebo and the hurricane ruined it and still haven't replaced it. So all the residents sit out front in wheelchairs and in gowns, Not a good first impression for visitors. I would expect better hygiene for all the residents. It is a beautiful place I just hope what was advertised come out soon. Feels like a nursing home and its not.

Good Memory Care

My loved one was moved into the memory care section of the facility and I can say that they are getting the appropriate amount of care. The staff is knowledgeable and they know what they are doing. Their doctor comes by once a week to give my loved one checkup and they receive physical therapy. They do a good job keeping the facility nice and neat. Housekeeping assists with the resident’s laundry once a week and frequently takes out the trash. The activities are posted on a calendar to let everyone know what is going on. There is bingo, my loved one has gone to church, and they have bus trips for planned outings. Every Friday there is a happy hour where tenants can drink beer and cocktails. The only drawback I would say about this place is their telephone situation. They have a voice coverage message on their phone line from 8:00am to 8:30pm. After the message plays, the most you can do is just leave a voicemail. This is concerning because what if there is an emergency. Aside from this, the facility is very nice.

Canterfield of Clay County

Canterfield of Clay County is a beautiful, brand new community. We were able to move my mother in right before the hurricane, and we found the staff to be more than accommodating. They were very helpful, quick to act and follow up, and very caring. My mother wasn’t eating very well before she moved there, but she enjoyed the food at Canterfield, and was eating much better there. I would highly recommend this community to others.

Senior living community offering Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care.