Canterfield of Clay County - Middleburg, FL

Canterfield of Clay County - Middleburg, FL has yet not published prices.

Needs Lots of Improvements

This is not what was advertised and what we signed a contract for. It is a brand new place so I'm going to give them a chance to fix things. Nothing is functioning the way its supposed to. They have a spas and that has never worked. They have a beauty salon but no beautician. They have an exercise room that they keep locked and are told we can't use unless we have supervision. Which there is no staff they cut back on the staff because there aren't enough residents yet. They told us they had restaurant style set up for the meals and they had a Veterans Day banquet and we got all the leftovers from that for a week. And they don't have any options. They had a gazebo and the hurricane ruined it and still haven't replaced it. So all the residents sit out front in wheelchairs and in gowns, Not a good first impression for visitors. I would expect better hygiene for all the residents. It is a beautiful place I just hope what was advertised come out soon. Feels like a nursing home and its not.

Good Memory Care

My loved one was moved into the memory care section of the facility and I can say that they are getting the appropriate amount of care. The staff is knowledgeable and they know what they are doing. Their doctor comes by once a week to give my loved one checkup and they receive physical therapy. They do a good job keeping the facility nice and neat. Housekeeping assists with the resident’s laundry once a week and frequently takes out the trash. The activities are posted on a calendar to let everyone know what is going on. There is bingo, my loved one has gone to church, and they have bus trips for planned outings. Every Friday there is a happy hour where tenants can drink beer and cocktails. The only drawback I would say about this place is their telephone situation. They have a voice coverage message on their phone line from 8:00am to 8:30pm. After the message plays, the most you can do is just leave a voicemail. This is concerning because what if there is an emergency. Aside from this, the facility is very nice.

Canterfield of Clay County

Canterfield of Clay County is a beautiful, brand new community. We were able to move my mother in right before the hurricane, and we found the staff to be more than accommodating. They were very helpful, quick to act and follow up, and very caring. My mother wasn’t eating very well before she moved there, but she enjoyed the food at Canterfield, and was eating much better there. I would highly recommend this community to others.