Cambridge Village of Apex - Apex, NC

Holistic Wellness At Cambridge Village.
We think seniors are looking for more than bingo and ice cream socials. While safety, security, nutrition and socialization still rank the highest in terms of importance, what really can be said for the quality of life in most senior living settings? Today, active seniors are looking for a community that can offer a variety of activities. This includes activities that are socially, physically, and mentally engaging. Cambridge Village is one of the 1st Independent Retirement Communities in the area to offer a Holistic Wellness Program. From the indoor swimming pool to the lifelong learning program offered through area Universities, Cambridge Village is focused on social, physical and mental wellness.

Aging in Place While Cambridge Village enables seniors to live independently, should they need short term assistance, this is made available through independent service providers without having to relocate. Doctors Making House Calls provides in-community primary care. An In Home Health Services group offers companion and personal care services. Rex Health Rehabilitation Center is conveniently located next door and offers physical, occupational and speech therapy. Skilled nursing is also available at Rex Rehab for longer term needs.

Creating a community personality.
Every community creates its own personality. We wanted to develop a community where our own parents and even ourselves, would want to live. Offering a place where we value each resident’s desire for a sense of self worth and enjoyment of life as they age.

Offered So Much More For The Price

We looked at a few different communities and even though this one might be a little more expensive after reviewing what they offered there was no question of placing my mother here. She loves living here she finds the residents to be very friendly she has already made friends and she didn't initially think she would. They offer all day dining which was important to her she loves the food. The staff is wonderful very nice and kind extremely easy to work with. We would recommend them.

Mom is Well

My mother is well here in this community.

Mom seems happy here

This community seems to be the best fit for mom. The staff have been friendly, attentive and quick to respond. Family are able to enjoy the activities with their family member. They offer movies, some card games, outings including lunch the first Monday of each month. The food is good. Mom's apartment is nice and we were able to paint it and make it feel like home. The residents are friendly and I get a good feeling at this community. The director was very sweet and listened to us. I would highly recommend this community.

It looks like a nice resort and feels like you are on vacation

The dining hall is set up like a restaurant. You receive a menu with a lot of choices and prices. The residents are given money at the beginning of the month to pay for this. The food is good, however since it is made to order there is sometimes a long wait. They offer some nice amenities such as a pool, jacuzzi and exercise classes. They have a movie theater where they show current releases. The entire staff are friendly and helpful. The community is a little more expensive, however I think it is worth it and I would recommend this community.

It was a beautiful community. I was impressed by all of the activities that were available, the on-site physician and the fact that they had transportation. The one bedroom unit was a little small but well appointed. The only problem may be the cost.

Clean Facility!!

During our tour I had noticed that the staff at this location did a great job at keeping there facility very clean and well maintained for all of the residents. They had an open floor plan that I liked with lots of natural light throughout the building. I was impressed to see the activity list they had available to all of the residents and the menu they put together meal times.

Nice place. Friendly staff and residents. Good food. I especially like [Removed] who handles the physical activities gym. He is very personable and goes the extra mile to make sure the residents are healthy and happy.

Many Programs

It seemed like a place with that was commercial like and was larger and not as personable to me. Our tour guide,
he was very friendly. There was no problems with the place itself. With all the programs they were showing us it was a good place. However the distance and size of community was not the right community for us.

The facility is beautiful but the charges for transportation to see your own doctors is overpriced. There are other fees not associated with regular day to day life that can add up to an extremely high cash balance owed to the facility

A piece of mind!

The staff has been great here and really good with the residents. All the staff knows the residents by there name and that really helps them feel like they are at home. The community has a beautiful pond that has ducks that the residents can enjoy. My loved one also loves the water aerobics that they offer.

A wonderful community

My parents were really impressed with how clean and bright everything was. They ended up renting an apartment there. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. Katie was awesome, she is an asset to Cambridge.

Katie Manning

We are so looking forward to having your parents as residents at Cambridge! They will be a perfect fit - Katie M.

Wonderful option

I was very impressed. I really appreciated the friendly nature of the tour without pressure to make any decisions. It looks like a wonderful option for my mom who is independent but would prefer not to live alone.

Katie gave us the tour and is like to thank her for making us feel welcome and at ease. She was great!

A Great Facility

A very friendly and active atmosphere for my father. We were lucky to find such a place for him, Cambridge Village has all he needs, plus a patient and friendly staff.

Outstanding facility

Couldn't ask for more activities and nicer environment.
Would like to test the food quality.

Great place and Great tour!

Katie did an exceptional job showing us around today.
I have been to many places for senior or assisted living and this is the first one I left feeling so good about. It was such a good experience that it was easy to talk my folks through this option and maybe for the first time they are going to say yes! I am over the moon happy.

A very good choice

My husband & I viewed quite a few retirement/senior living facilities before moving my mother-in-law to Cambridge. That was over a year ago, and we still feel like we made the BEST choice. There are so many amenities, the atmosphere is great, and the food is wonderful. I hope that she has many more years of happiness at this wonderful facility.

Warm and Friendly

We are researching Retirement Communities for our mother and was very impressed with Cambridge Village. The minute we walked in we enjoyed how warm and friendly the personnel and residents were. It is the right size not so large that you could get lost. The dinning room is bright and cheerful. The apartments were very spacious. Our mother will feel safe and comfortable at Cambridge Village.

Cambridge Village Senior Living in Apex NC

Cambridge Village Senior Living is a fantastic place for seniors. They have a lot of activities planned daily, very good nutritious meals and a very helpful staff! I would highly recommend it for seniors whether they have disabilities or not. The residents that are there seem very happy to be there. My mom has lived there for 1 1/2 years and loves it!

Highly Recommend Cambridge VIllage

Moved my mother here from Cape Cod two years ago. Cambridge Village has met all of her needs. It's expensive, and she isn't able to participate in all the activities, but there are plenty of options for everyone! With all meals and housecleaning included, that helps. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Excellent place for seniors!

After touring several local facilities in NC, we found Cambridge Village to be the best place. It is very cost effective, modern, and the staff are very professional and courteous. Since it is a relatively new facility, it is very clean and well-built. It is conveniently located close to Route 1 and 540 and near downtown Apex.

Happy Parents = Happy Loved Ones!

My parents have been living at Cambridge Village for 14 months now and are really happy - and we are happy when they are happy!!! Cambridge Village is really beautiful - the buildings, the grounds and the lake and the apartments.... The staff is always friendly and one of the things I appreciate the most is when you make a suggestion or a comment for consideration or improvement, they listen and implement. I really do believe they want the best for their residents and that means a lot.
Its been a great experience and it puts my heart at ease to know my Mom and Dad are happy, well taken care of and in a great living environment!

Great place!

This place is beautiful. The residents all seemed happy and the 2 apartments I saw were very nice. I would feel very confident in having my dad live here. I would live here too!

A Most Appealing Retirement Facility

Really liked the appearance (both outside and inside) of Cambridge. The location is quite nice, Residents were pleasant and seemed happy. The atmosphere inside the facility was most enjoyable. Light and airy hallways and liked the pool and exercise equipment. We think it is a place where we would be comfortable and happy,

Katie Manning

We can't wait to have you as our newest residents! Congratulations on selling your house, we look forward to seeing you in October

-Katie

Wonderful Senior Community

Cambridge Village of Apex is a wonderful senior community. My Mother has lived there for over three years, and my older brother has been there for two years. They are both very happy with the full life that this community creates for its residents. My Mother and Father-in-Law are planning to move to Cambridge Village in the next few months. It really is a wonderful community.

Katie Manning

Thank you Irene! We sure do love your family and I am so excited to complete the family circle and have your husbands parents at Cambridge.

-Katie

Mom has only just moved into Cambridge Village. She has been there a little more than a week.

So far, our experience has been excellent. The staff and residents are all very friendly and helpful. Everyone has gone out of their way to introduce themselves, familiarize her with what's available, and welcome her to the community.

The food is good and there are a lot of services that you can take advantage of if you like.

It is expensive compared to her most recent living expenses, but reasonable compared to other Senior Living facilities in the area.

Dining Room

My parents do not like the food, and they complain about the wait in the dining room. They have begun preparing some of their own meals, although they pay for 3 meals per day Monday-Friday and 1 meal per day on weekends.

Katie Manning

Thank you for your review, we would love to speak with you more about your concerns. Please reach out to Katie Manning to discuss.

Great facility. Friendly staff.

Very impressed with Katie, the Marketing Director, today on my first visit to Cambridge. Everything was very organized and she was extremely knowledgeable. She wasn't pushy. It was nice that she called the residents by name, as we passed them in the hallways and elevators. It's a beautiful facility.

Awesome community. My mother's favorite.

AWESOME place for Seniors, nothing compares.

Cambridge Village of Apex, is an absolutely awesome place to live and to visit. The Staff is extremely knowledgeable and professional as well as personable. Moved my Mom into the facility mid February 2015 and with NO regrets. It's a safe and desirable place to live, lots of activities for Seniors, the meal program is perfect and delicious - basically offers 3 meals a day where most places offer only 2. No buy in, Monthly rental only. We are all very grateful to have such a perfect place for Mom (or Dad). THANK YOU!
Diane B

Tour

Wonderful Place!!!! My tour was smooth and I really enjoyed the fact that there is a indoor pool. The facility was very clean. The services sound great the activities could use some work but what they offer will do. Katie sold me on the place and I appreciated her willingness and openness in answering all my questions she was great!

Now the receptionist "[removed]"( on the other hand is a hateful, scornful, mouthy, disrespectful person! While waiting for Katie I saw this lady hatefully talk to people coming in and out delivering packages, etc. I saw first hand this lady back bite co-workers after they walked away.
This being the first thing you see when you come in to the place is shameful. this needs to be seriously addressed!

Will take this beautiful place into consideration.

Wellness Center

Last year in April I took a tour of the Wellness Center. I was unsatisfied by the uncleanliness of the locker rooms and the lack of communication upon my arrival.
Last week I decided to give it another chance and did a walk-in. I was immediately greeted by a young lady named Tanya. She was getting ready to leave for lunch but stopped everything she was doing and gave me a tour explaining everything that was going on and the upcoming events(I did not feel rushed). she made me feel right at home. She gave me a tour and explained everything to me. The locker rooms were perfect! The water in both pools looked inviting. She was a great help and I am thankful that she was there. Great Young Lady!!! When I left Cambridge I felt well greeted and happy that someone finally acknowledge me. Thank you Tanya for answering my questions and for being so polite and for making me feel wanted. It's always nice to see a smiling beautiful face.

Our experience

Couldn't be a nicer place! Great staff, food and activities!

Tour of Cambridge Village at Apex NC

Our visit was part of a fact finding trip for a move from New York State to North Carolina. The marketing director was knowledgeable and answered all questions. Great tour, friendly and informative. The tour resulted in our selecting this community as our new home!

Love It

My Mom was at Cambridge from the opening until just recently. We had to move her to a facility that offered transition/memory care. We value the experience she had at Cambridge Village. The staff was so kind and helped mom so much, even as she began to struggle with independent living. They looked out for her and helped her until we were able to make the transition. I have nothing negative I could say about this facility and their staff.

Katie Manning

Thank you for your kind words Brian. We sure do miss your mothers smiling face. We wish her the best!

Great staff

The Resident Relations Coordinator, Kristy, is the shining star at CV. She is a friendly, caring, enthusiastic presence there. She keeps a close eye on the residents, especially the new ones, to be sure they are adjusting well and reaches out if they are not by suggesting activities they might like, communicating with their loved ones, or sometimes just offering a hug! She knows and sincerely cares about all the residents!

Cambridge Village is a beautiful community and has a wonderful staff. I am glad my parents live there.

A blessing for our family

We have been very pleased with my mom's transition. The coordinator was helpful from selecting an apartment, painting and readying the apartment to suggesting reasonable movers. It is an open and airy place that is visually engaging. The dining room looks more like a country club. Many residents are often moving and active and engaging. The front desk personnel has been less than helpful and engaging when needed. Thankfully, once you move in, you need them very little. My mom has done only a few outings thus far, but they appear to be a variety such as dining out, shopping, or visiting something that is educational/cultural. The Senior Bridge has worked well with passing medications on our behalf. The home health agency that originally transitioned in with us were compassionate engaging people. The menu looks wonderful. Mom has stated the food is not warm enough. We plan to look into this and offer this as feedback if it continues. Otherwise, it has been a blessing for our family.

Adair informational meeting

I enjoyed the tour and the valuable information provided by Katie. She satisfactorily answered all of our questions. I look forward to my mom's and aunt's visit in October.

Katie Manning

Thank you Kathy! We cannot wait to have the 3 sisters living at Cambridge Village!

Welcome home

Cambridge Village is a wonderful and caring place for seniors. My father moved there from a three bedroom house and I was concerned that the change would be difficult for him. I couldn't have been more wrong! He was able to make wonderful friends and was very fond of the staff of the residence and of the care givers at Senior Bridge. Everyone there is on a mission to provide the best experience for the residents possible and they engage freely with the families as well. The facility itself is very attractive and well maintained. They provide wonderful activities, have a state of the art fitness center, have an excellent on site physical therapy center, and provide superb extended care through their relationship with Senior Bridge. Our family is very thankful that my father chose Cambridge Village.

An Unexpected Find

My husband & I were VERY impressed with your facilities and Linda. It's nice to have a place for seniors to live that doesn't require thousands of dollars to gain entry or have a requirement to relinquish all your savings. Renting month by month is such a wonderful concept.

Thank you so much for taking the time to talk with us, especially since we didn't make an appointment. We REALLY did not expect that. Thought we'd just swing by to pick up some brochures and look around.

Just a note to convey my thanks for a...

Just a note to convey my thanks for a lovely time at the Open House. I attended with a prospective client, and there we met up with my friend who is the daughter of one of your residents. Everyone was introduced and my friend took great pride in sharing about her family's experience with Cambridge as we toured.

I also enjoyed interfacing with staff including physical therapy, home health and a medical group, all on site. It was good to see an exercise class in progress, so important for maintaining strength, balance and for fall prevention.

Thank you for the opportunity, great job with the event!

Looking for a safe, secure and affordable residence

This is exactly the kind of residence I am looking for. I especially like that I could bring my pets. If and when you have a ground floor studio available facing the small lake, I would very much like to see it. Thanks again for showing us around. I also like that it is safe and secure and includes several levels of care.

wonderful

The staff, facilities and style are excellent. I will probably join y'all soon. Thanks to everyone who helped with my tour.

Katie Manning

We love having you as a resident, Bob!

Wonderful experience

I would recommend this to anyone that is looking for a safe, friendly environment for their parents. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful. The building is absolutely beautiful and has a lot of amenities to offer. They make you feel like you mean something to them other than just another tenant. Everyone that works at Cambridge has a very upbeat attitude and is always willing to help with anything that you need. It is also in a great location for almost anything that you may need.

Beautiful Independent Living in Apex

I chose this independent living facility for my mom because of the amazing number of services offered, the location, and the staff. My mom was welcomed and is enjoying meeting new friends I spoke to some of the residents, and they love living here; some have been staying here almost since the facility was opened.

Enjoyed Our Tour

We toured Cambridge Village looking for a place for my husband's mother to move to. The village is very nice and seems to have lots to offer. We are excited about getting my husband's mother here for a visit so she can see how she likes it.

Mom's stay at Cambridge Village of Apex

We loved Cambridge Village the first time we walked in and toured the place. We moved mom in from another state and while she missed all of her friends, she loved the fountains in the pond and her little apartment. The staff is just awesome. All around A+

Nice place for Mom

My Mom likes her room. She is 91 so she has not been able to get involved in the various activities they offer.

Excellent community and Kat...

Excellent community and Katie provided a wealth of information and the tour was wonderful. This community is in our top 5.

Mo. to mo. lease $4100 fee....

Mo. to mo. lease $4100 fee. Utilities included, 3 meals, etc. Folks favorite so far.

Our visit

My parents liked Cambridge Village the best so far.

Tour was wonderful with Katie. She wa...

Tour was wonderful with Katie. She was very knowledgeable, and answered all our questions. I love the place. The atmosphere was very inviting. It's a little pricey.

Kuddos to Cambridge!

We were in a hurry to select a community for our out-of-state loved one and dropped in at a very busy time. The staff understood and gave us a tour. After seeing three other communities, we returned to Cambridge Village because of the friendliness, cleanliness, and the smiles on the residents' faces. Cambridge stands apart from other properties. The staff is energetic and caring. Katie is going above and beyond to work with us on a move-in date and understands what families have to deal with. Kuddos to all the staff at Cambridge. We are glad to soon be part of the family!

Just getting settled

We are just getting settled in over at Cambridge Village but our experience so far has been very positive. The residents are friendly, the staff helpful and food, much to my surprise, was pretty darn good. My mother felt comfortable there right from the start. Katie, the young woman in charge of marketing there has been very helpful and everyone has tolerated my endless questions with patience and kindness. They have taken a very low key and tolerant approach to getting things officially signed and underway since my mother has been busy with doctors appointments since we arrived.

At the very beginning we did seem to fall through the cracks a bit. The employee who to do my mother's orientation was out sick and my mother also had some health issues that kept us on the move to doctors and appointments. She did go through orientation just a couple of days late but her "ambassador" a fellow resident who was to show her the ropes has not been heard from since the very first day. All that being said my mother feels very positive about her experience there so far. She absolutely loves her apartment with a view of the pond and finds everything quite convenient.

I especially like the focus on security and safety. The check-in button and emergency pulls are very reassuring and the entryways are secured with electronic keys. I especially like that we were given an electronic pass key right from the start so that we can come and go from her apartment without having to check in at every moment. I think this makes it feel much more like a home for her.

Unfortunately, because of my mothers frailness and current leg injury she hasn't been able to take part in any of the available outings or activities. Even if her leg was healed I think we would find her reluctant to take part in the pool and gym that is available there. How I wish we could have convinced her to stay there 2 years ago when they first opened and she was in better health.

Wellness Center

I chose this location because the staff is really friendly and really try and help. The community is extremely clean and taken care of. One of the main things I like about Cambridge Village is the fact they have a wellness center where you can just relax and enjoy yourself. They just offer so many activities to stay busy and active.

Did not visit, seemed a little remote...

Did not visit, seemed a little remote and when I tried to call and email, had a very difficult time getting anyone to respond

A Gift of Joy

One year after losing her husband of over 60 years, my 84-year old mother was reluctantly resigned to moving into an independent living facility. She was tired of cooking for herself, tired of keeping-up her house, and tired of handling all the bills (insurance, utilities, mortgage, etc.) without a partner beside her. She was dreading letting go of a home full of treasured possessions, but she recognized that she just couldn't keep up with everything on her own. We visited other facilities, but she was most taken with the newness, brightness, and cheerfulness of Cambridge Village. She has now lived in her one-bedroom apartment for a year and a half, and the change in her demeanor is amazing! She has formed new friendships, started a card club, performed stand-up comedy, coordinated Bridge groups, played Bocci ball, and participated in wonderful parties! She loves the musicians, entertainers, and movies they provide, and she has found the food very good. Most of all, though, she appreciates the people--both the employees and the fellow residents. The transition was much easier than anticipated, and she has hardly missed all that "stuff" she hated to get rid of when she moved. I am so glad she has renewed her commitment to life, and I love seeing her eyes sparkle with joy. Cambridge Village has given her a fresh opportunity to discover her strengths, accept support from others, and feel connected to a community of friends.

Very desireable

Very desireable

Very nice and the apts are huge but I...

Very nice and the apts are huge but I am afraid dad will be nickle & dimed to death there. Also they thought it was a big deal that he wouldn't be able to cut his own food if something was served that required cutting. Not thrilled with the weekend meal schedule and they do not have transportation to Catholic services or an in house option at this point.