Brown Deer Place - Coralville, IA

• Memory Care Services
  • Respite Care
  • 24-hour Emergency Call Response

I am very happy with Brown Deer Memory care unit in Coralville where I found a place for my sister. It is perfect for her with the level of care that she needs at this time. I spend time with her almost every day so I have had many opportunities to interact with the staff and observe their interactions with other residents. I am so relieved to see my sister in a safe and appropriate new home and to be relieved of the cares that she now needs. [Removed]

Kayle Neegaard

We so appreciate you taking the time to share this valuable feedback. Thank you for choosing Brown Deer Place and let us know how we can make your sister's life even more enjoyable at our community. It is our pleasure!

Straight foward layout

I’m really pleased with this place. I’m really surprised the amount of care that my love one gets. She’s in assisted living so she can feel some type of independence, but she also has supervisors looking after here every so often. The facility itself has a very straight forward layout. It’s very good for someone like my love one and it’s impossible to get lost. They also have a nice outdoor area off the lounge where residents could sit outside. All in all I am pleased with this location and it’s better than I expected.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for sharing your loved one's experience and how Brown Deer Place is meeting her needs. It is wonderful to hear that she is thriving in her new apartment and community. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make her life even better!

Really liked the programs, menus, and property...private room 5300 a month. All inclusive except furniture.

Kayle Neegaard

We're glad you enjoyed your visit and the amenities and services provided. Our Memory Care price is all-inclusive, which makes it idea for those with Alzheimer's disease or dementia. We aim to be as flexible and as accommodating as possible for all of our residents. Thank you for your feedback!

Impressive tour

I was really impressed with this community and the tour I was given was very well done by the staff. They took their time showing me around and they answered all my questions. there were a lot of amenities for the residents.
I really liked this community but my mom already had her heart set on another community where she felt she would be more comfortable.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We appreciate hearing that your tour was done to exceed your expectations. Should anything change, we would gladly welcome your mother to our Brown Deer Place family!

Really LIked This Place

I really liked this community but for what we were looking for they only had a studio apartment and I didn't feel like my mom would have liked that sort of floor plan. The staff was nice and the community itself appeared clean and well maintained.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for taking the time to review Brown Deer Place and your experience. We are sad to hear that we were not your choice for your mother. Should anything change, we would love the opportunity to discuss her options further. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Transitional Process

It has been an adjustment process for me with my move to this community. It is a nice looking community. They do a good job with the cleanliness. The meals are okay, but there is some room for improvement. The staff is good for the most part. Overall it is still an adjustment process for me at this community.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for reviewing your experience at Brown Deer Place. We hope you have found Brown Deer Place to be a wonderful place to call home. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your experience.

Visit Brown Deer Place, I promise you will not regret it!

I read the previous review and I have some changes to make. This community used to be known as Windmill Pointe, which gave it negative reviews but it has has since been bought out by Senior Housing Companies. It was renamed Brown Deer Place and underwent a multi-million dollar renovation. The reviews though, did not get a renovation because the negative ones from the previous owners and name stuck with it. The community is absolutely beautiful and having seen it prior to the renovation, I would say that has easily improved tenfold! They do have their own transportation now with both a van and a bus. The activities that are offered are great and there are so many things to pick and choose from! Go tour Brown Deer Place, I promise you will not regret it!

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you sharing your experience with us!

Brown Deer Place Retirement Living & Memory Care in Coralville, IA is ideal for seniors needing a little extra assistance to those diagnosed with Alzheimer's or dementia. Currently undergoing a $2 million renovation projects, Brown Deer Place will offer the latest in culinary, safety and lifestyle choices for residents. Apartments are available for immediate move-in!