The Views of Cedar Rapids - Cedar Rapids, IA

• Memory Care Services

No regrets.

Deciding to put my husband in a memory care facility was one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make. But it was time. I could not have found any place more cheerful, accommodating or friendly. I visit him daily and the staff treat me with the same kindness and respect they show the residents. If you're looking for a place for your loved one, seriously consider MeadowView.

Meadowview Memory Care Village

I enjoy coming to Meadow View because it has so many things to do with my grandmother. Or just sits in parks sitting with birds singing in the background. Or if we want we can go to her private room with plenty of room to have visitors. When a large crowd of us show up we can move into one of the two large living room setting areas with TV, sofa, tables, fireplace, etc. and stay as long as we want. Thank you Meadow View for making us so comfortable.

Angie McClure

Thank you for the great feedback and for trusting us with your grandmothers care. We are so glad you feel welcome and can enjoy your visits.

Meadowview Memory Care Village

I believe this is the best place in town for my mom after our family toured so many other places locally. You have everything she needs and more. I love the friendly, helpful staff.

Angie McClure

We love this! Thank you for allowing us to care for your Mom!

Meadowview Memory Care Village

Wow! First impression was awesome. What a great "community" to live in. Clean. Refreshing. Comfortable. Love the sunlight. A wonderful place that we know when we leave, she is being taken care of.

Meadowview Memory Care Village

The staff is always pleasant and helpful, both to family and residents. The staff are always trying new ideas to engage the residents. The staff will meet with family as needed when concerns arise. The facility is always clean and welcoming.

Meadowview Memory Care Village

My grandma is a resident at Meadowview. I love the atmosphere that is created. A small town with post office, malt shop, pet store, hair salon, church, and a park all around the shops. It's so fun visiting and watching the staff care for my grandma, it warms my heart knowing she is in great care.

Angie McClure

This is why we do what we do! Thank you for sharing your positive comments and for trusting us with your grandma's care.

Meadowview Memory Care Village

My grandmother stays at Meadowview Village. And I love the activities they have and I can participate all I want. From bingo, bowling, crafts, and even pet visitation. One time a small pony visited the village and everyone could pet the pony. What an awesome day that was. Keep up the good work Meadow View.

Meadowview Memory Care Village

I have dementia and the staff takes care of me in my bad, angry, sad time with kindness. I feel loved by the people that take care of me.

Meadowview - Cedar Rapids

this is a perfect facility for my mom. The staff is helpful and outgoing. Always feels clean and bright.

Meadowview is amazing!

So happy mom is here. Caring and knowledgeable staff.

Meadowview Memory Care Village

I have a grandma at Meadowview. She tells me all the time how good the food is and how she loves dance time. It brings back the times when she was young. But grandma can still shake a leg when the music stars. Her body is getting old but her soul is still 16.

Meadowview Memory Care Village

My grandmother-in-law is living at Meadowview. The place is always clean and never smells. I've seen everyone pitching in and picking up after residents. I am proud to tell people that my grandmother-in-law stays there.

Meadowview

I have a grandmother staying at the Village, we call it. Small town life with cute building to match. Bingo in the White Steple Church. And movies on the big screen. TV in the middle of the Village. Ice cream at the soda shop, and the tenants love to roam from shop to shop.

Meadowview Memory Care Village

My boyfriend's grandmother is a resident at Meadowview. I was so impressed when I said the hometown setting and the large clean rooms that residents stay in. The staff was always around checking on everyone. I sure hope when I need a care village that my loved ones bring me here.

Meadowview

My mother has been in two other care centers and this is the one. I couldn't be happier with the staff. They made my mother's transition from one care center to another easy. Guiding me through the process with patience and kindness. They are 10 plus in my book.

Meadowview

My favorite thing the staff at Meadowview does is calling me about my mother care and updating her progress. It gives me peace of mine the she is in sought good care. Thank you Meadowview.

Meadowview

My mother-in-law has been a resident at MeadowView for a year. The concern I had was the food. I was supporter surprised to see that the food is excellent. I have tried it myself, enjoying every bit. Complament to the chief.

Meadowview Memory Care village

Husband is doing great here. Wonderful staff. Always letting me know what is going on with John. Participates in activities. They are tops!

Meadowview

The employees seem to really care about the residents. Very well taken care of community.

Excellent option for Dementia care

This is a one of a kind memory care option. Like the previous review states, it has a town through the center of the building that allows the tenants freedom to go anywhere in the secure building while providing visual cues. Very different than the average AL memory care.

The review that mentioned understaffing confused me. Having worked in this industry for 14 years, I know the average staffing ratio in assisted living and nursing home is one nurse and two CNA's per 20 people. Then on 3rd shift most assisted livings go down to 1 CNA for the building. Meadowview employs 2 nurses, 4 CNA's and 1 bath aide round the clock (minus 2 on 3rd when folks are sleeping). With 56 tenants that averages 1 per 8 people. Not including the Director of nursing, Assistant director of nursing, food servers, housekeeping, maintenance, laundry and management staff. In addition they have 2 FT and 1 part-time activity director providing activities for the active tenants from 9:30[removed] 7 days per week. I would challenge anyone to beat that!
Overall, they are providing a much needed service and according to their last 5 years of deficiency free state surveys, they are doing it well.

Understaffed for the high needs of th...

Understaffed for the high needs of their population.

Angie McClure

We are saddened to hear that you feel this way. Sometimes not understanding state regulations or what the staffing needs are in a community can cause misunderstanding as to why a community staffs as it does. MeadowView staffs higher than the state requires because our residents care is a top priority. Often when you compare side by side with other communities in our area, you will be pleasantly surprised at the higher number of staff we schedule per shift. Please never hesitate to contact our Director with any questions or concerns.

Hands down the best I toured

My dad was struggling at home and I had to get him help but didn't want to put him in a nursing home. He walks, talks and lots if other things in his own but wasn't eating right, taking his medications or showering. I was referred to Meadowview by a church friend. When I toured I was amazed that a place like that existed. There is a town inside the building! Not sterile at all, tons of activities all day, clean, friendly. The person that toured me knew every residents name. The program was logical for someone like my dad. I was impressed.

Wonderful atmosphere. Loved the acti...

Wonderful atmosphere. Loved the activites.

Angie McClure

Thank you for taking time to review our community! We are glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and extensive activity program. We are proud of our community and appreciate your comments.

Angie McClure

The Views has built a reputation of trusted quality care as the premier assisted living provider in Cedar Rapids for the last 14 years. We are proud to be locally owned and innovative leaders in a one-of-a-kind healing design memory care program.

Our assisted living apartments are spacious and affordable. Gardens and walking trails provide ample enjoyment of the outdoors if that interests you. We receive a lot of feedback from residents that our small building is welcoming and offers a comforting sense of home.

Our unique memory care was designed from the ground up using scientific based research. It boasts an experiential center (town) providing freedom of movement in a secure setting, exposure to lots of natural sunlight whether you are in or outside, visual cues, color coding, a post office, ice cream parlor, and church chapel to help with way-finding and more.
Our recreational programs run from 9:30am-7 pm 7 days per week!

Our community is located just off Edgewood Rd NW, close to clinics, restaurants, shopping and easy access to Hwy 30 for those living in Benton County with few options.