Emery Place Assisted Living & Memory Care - Robins, IA

[Removed] was great, she was a wonderful resource for information and very concerned and compassionate about our situation. I would recommend [Removed] and A Place for Mom to anyone looking for help finding long term care options for family member.

Sarah Zimmerman

Thank you for your kind words! If there is anything else we can help you with when considering your decision, please give me a call!

Emery Place is a true blessing!!!

My brother has been a resident at Emery Place for over a year now and I could not be happier with the staff, the activities and the wonderful care that my brother has received! Because my schedule is full, he is driven to any doctor appointments free of charge which is a huge help for me. My brother can be a challenge at times, but there are never any issues or problems which is because of the outstanding staff at Emery Place. I'm so happy that I found Emery Place....they are a true blessing to me and to my family!!!

Kayle Neegaard

Linda, we are thrilled that you and your brother found Emery Place as well! What a pleasure it is to provide you peace of mind and him the opportunity to retire with dignity and in the company of friends. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this feedback. We are so lucky to have 'extended family members' like you!

This site goes Above and Beyond!

We can rest easy knowing that Mom is cared for 24 hours a day in a safe and loving manner! Staff at Emery Place routinely go Above and Beyond compared to all of the places we reviewed before making our selection, first for Assisted Living and now that Mom has moved to Memory Care. Whenever we have had questions, our concerns have been addressed right away, and the newsletter is exemplary!
We couldn't be happier!
[Removed]

Kayle Neegaard

Gloria, your kind words are overwhelming. We are so happy to be able to provide excellent care to your mother. It is our privilege to be able to call our residents members of our Emery Place Family! Thank you for taking the time to provide this fantastic feedback!

My mother has been at Emery Place for two months after a 6 month stay at a care facility. Her adjustment was rocky at first, but the caring staff have won her over. She is comfortable, making friends, and is happy again. This is a beautiful, well cared for facility, with responsive staff. It feels very homelike.

Kayle Neegaard

We are so happy to hear that her transition has been a successful one. Moving can be stressful, even in the most ideal situations. We're pleased to know that she is enjoying life at Emery Place and will continue to do all we can to help her feel at home! Thank you for sharing your experience!

Emery Place is a great place to reside

My Mother who is 93 years old has been at Emery Place for two years. They keep her active with activities and outings. She has a very nice one bedroom apartment. The staff are very friendly and greet her by her first name. She is treated just like family. The meals there are very good and if there is something that she does not care for on a certain day the have a very good menu that she can use to order something that she wants. They have a wonderful program called Dare to Dream that allows them to do something that they would love to do. Mom went on a hot air balloon ride. I think that it was one of the most exciting things that she has ever done. It will be a fabulous place for her to live out the remaining years of her life.

Kayle Neegaard

Sandy, it was a privilege to make your mother's hot air balloon ride dream come true. Likewise, it is our pleasure to assist in making her daily life one she can be proud of and happy with. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to know her and your family!

Dad's home

My father moved in the second day that Emery Place opened. I had been looking in the area for a good 6 months when I saw it being built. I stopped in and talked to [Removed] and made my decision then and there. I have never regretted that decision. I am always made to feel welcome when I visit which is often. Due to another family medical situation, I was out of the state for 5 weeks this past summer. It was a comfort to know that Dad was being cared for and I could call and check on him at any given time. I have total faith in the care that he is provided

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for taking time to provide such wonderful words about Emery Place. We are so pleased to have been able to care for your father and to provide peace of mind to you during his stay with us.

Brand new

Dad seems to like some of the food at this community. He has started to participate in some of the daily activities. The staff are friendly and they are quick to respond to any of our concerns. The community is very clean and it is located close to family. I have already recommended this community.

Kayle Neegaard

We're so happy to hear that your father is enjoying the community and we appreciate your referrals! If he should need any further accommodations to make his home more personalized, please let us know!

A nice visit

The people we met at this community were friendly. The community was clean and looked well taken care of. They did seem to offer a lot of daily activities and they allow pets. This community was just a little out of our price range.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to submit this review. We appreciate your feedback for our future growth and information. We would appreciate the opportunity to talk to you more about price, so please feel free to reach out to discuss this further. Thank you again.

Lovely Place!!

I have no complaints with how things went during my tour at this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to our appointment and where very professional during our visit. They did not make us feel pressured and really took the time show us everything they had to offer in there facility. I liked the floor plan and thought they had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. It was just not the right location in the end decision.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for sharing your tour experience with us. We're glad that you found our community to be pleasant and our staff to be timely and helpful. It is always our goal to roll out the red carpet for anyone who enters our doors. We appreciate your feedback and hope you find a community within the location you are searching.

I Saw A Brand New Senior Community

On my tour, there was nothing wrong but I did experience a high pitch sale. I didn't care for a comment the lady made. She said my mom can't an accident in the nice chairs. It is a brand new and a very beautiful community. They have good people there.

Sarah Zimmerman

Thank you for touring our community. I'm sorry, it is never our intent to make you feel uncomfortable while you were touring our community. We want you to feel welcome and know we understand that making a decision is sometimes difficult. I would love to talk to you about your experience, please feel free to give me a call at [removed], so we can are sure everyone feels at ease when visiting our community. Your feedback would be welcome. Sincerely, Sarah Zimmerman, Community Relations Coordinator.

Sarah Zimmerman

I'm sorry, I just saw that our phone number was removed. Please call Emery Place and ask for me, I would truly appreciate your feedback about anything! It is our goal to provide exceptional care to all of our residents, family and visitors! Sincerely, Sarah Zimmerman, Community Relations Coordinator.

Great place for mom

Mom has been at Emery a year now. She decided the day we toured it was where she wanted to live. Staff are warm and friendly and always ready with a smile. The facility itself is clean, activities are numerous, and according to mom the food is delicious. In our experience Emery Place is a five star facility!

Sarah Zimmerman

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm so glad to hear that your mother is happy to live at Emery Place! We truly adore all of residents, we feel like they are extended family to us!

The place we wanted!

My father loved Emery Place, it was his number one choice when we were touring. The facility was nice and everyone there was very friendly. The reason we chose another place was because they had availability quicker than Emery Place and that was what we needed at the time.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for taking the time to review Emery Place. We're happy to hear that you were pleased with your experiences and only wish we could have accommodated your father earlier. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist in the future.

Sarah Zimmerman

Thank you for your kind words! The new assisted living addition is open and we still have a few apartments available! We wish you all the best and let me know if you would like to tour Emery again!

BEWARE!

Very disappointed in the treatment of my M-I-L at Emery Place. She was one of the 1st residents to move into Emery when it opened 2 years ago. Emery Place made an independent assessment of her a few weeks ago and decided she needed to be moved to their new locked facility because she burned a brownie in her microwave and "failed" an assessment they gave her. The nurse at Emery Place appears to make all the decisions and is not open to any other opinions (including family). She gave us the choice of moving to the locked ward or moving out. So...we are moving my M-I-L into a facility that respects her independence and fulfils their commitment to increase the level of care as needs increase instead of warehousing our loved ones in a locked (and understaffed) facility.

Do not heed their promises of being able to increase the level of care your family member needs as they age. What they mean is that they will require them to move to the more expensive locked ward in order to remain at Emery.

My M-I-L has been "assessed" at several other facilities that we are looking at to move her to, and has passed all their assessments. I'm confident the reason Emery Place required her to move was that they have a waiting list for her type of apartment, and they thought they could fill their empty rooms in the locked ward with residents who currently occupy the coveted rooms.

Our story is not unique...in the last 30 days this has happened to 3 residents. Unfortunately, they didn't have the family resources to advocate for them.

Beware...

Terri,
Your feedback about your family's experience at Emery Place is appreciated and taken very seriously. I invite you to reach out to Emery Place's management company, Senior Housing Management, to discuss your concerns further. It is always our goal to provide the very best care and highest level of freedom for every resident, while keeping them safe in their own apartment as well. It is certainly not our intention to make anyone feel the way you have described and we hope that you'll give us an opportunity to discuss the situation further. Your reply would be appreciated at [removed]. Thank you very much.

Friendly tour guide!

The lady that took me around Emery Place,[Removed], was awesome. She was very good at what she did and she was committed. she met with me on a Saturday and the facility was clean and well maintained. It was a good experience but not the best fit for my loved one.

A good experience!

Back when we looked at this community, it was mostly memory care and there were only a few residents. They have since opened more rooms and are able to accommodate more residents with different levels of care.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for your review of Emery Place. We encourage you to return to our community in the coming weeks, as we are finishing up an addition with even more options for families! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist in your search!

Sarah Zimmerman

Thank you for your kind words! We will be having a "dusty shoe" open house and tours of our 12 assisted living apartment addition on Saturday, April 29 from 1-3PM. Stop by and help us celebrate our 2 Year Anniversary too! We will be enjoying refreshments, live music and cake! Let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you in your search! Sincerely, Sarah Zimmerman, Community Relations Coordinator @ [removed].

Emery Place is 5 stars!!!!

The staff are very friendly and attentive to the residents you can tell they enjoy their job. My Father in law seems more comfortable and they have plenty of staff to help. I have not had a chance to try the food but my Father in law seems to like it. They offer a variety of activities for the residents to enjoy. I would recommend this community.

The family is very happy with it.

The family is very happy with it. The staff is very nice, and accommodating, and communicative. We haven't had any complaints about food or housekeeping, or anything really. I would give them a five, they have been very good.

Great Fit.

I looked at a lot of places for my parents, this place was a great fit. The staff is great and it's a newer place with stairs, which is great for walking.

really hoping mom can go back

Emery Place Assisted Living & Memory Care was great. We really appreciated all of the staffs care and help. It was just a wonderful experience. We are really hoping mom can go back to this facility. i was so pleased how everything went here.

Very nice place!

We're extremely happy with how things have turned out at Emery Place! They've just done a really excellent job, I would give them high marks across the board. The facility itself is brand new, and always kept very clean and nice looking. Based on our experience so far I would definitely recommend the place!

They have been amazing. I cannot say enough good things about them. They go beyond what they need too. There is that extra checking on her that goes above and beyond. I felt a coldness in some of the responses I got from other facilities and this one there was just a warmness in them. I feel like they really care about the people that are there and I feel comfortable with my mother-in-law being there.

Better than our previous place

Our loved one with Alzheimer's has adapted really well at Emery Place. It's been an easy move compared to other nursing homes, probably because of the staff and the environment of the facility.

They are very accommodating.

They are very accommodating. The place is still new so they still have some working out to do. The facility itself is very clean and well kept. Everyone has been very welcoming. The staff has been very friendly and helpful. They seem to be very caring people. The value is excellent for the services that you get at the emery place. The care services and activities are excellent as well. I would recommend this place.