Garnett Place - Cedar Rapids, IA

A good tour

This is a well taken care of community. The person that took us on tour was nice. This community does sit back in a wooded area and is a little harder to get to. The community we chose is closer to family.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your visit to Garnett Place. We like to call ourselves the 'best kept secret in Cedar Rapids' given our wooded location and quiet landscape. Should anything change in the future, please reach out to us!

Our visit

We really liked this community when we visited. The people we met were very nice and they seem to offer some nice amenities. They have nice large apartments, however the cost was higher than what we were looking for.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for sharing your experience at Garnett Place. We're so happy your visit was pleasant and that you found our apartments to be spacious and inviting. We would love the opportunity to talk to you more about the pricing structure and available specials that could assist your family in their decision. Please reach out to us to discuss! Thank you!

comfortable Living!!

I have no complaints with how things are going for my loved one since they made the move into this community. The staff are all excellent and I am comfortable with the quality of care that she is receiving. She has been loving the social environment as well as all of the meals that have been provided for her throughout the week. I am overall impressed with this place and would recommend it to anyone.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for sharing your loved one's experience with us. We are so happy she has adjusted to her move so positively and that Garnett Place was the perfect choice for your family!

It's Good That Mom Is Here

My mom is still adjusting to her new environment. The staff are providing care that she needs. They are doing a good job. I see that she is a little happier than before. She is happy with the meals the cook. It has been good for her becoming a resident. Its been a good weight off our shoulders. It is closer to us and that was a good thing for us.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for sharing your mother's experience so far. We are happy that Garnett Place has provided convenience, peace of mind and improved quality of life for your family. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make her feel even more comfortable!

They took good care of dad!

The staff was awesome, they really put up with a lot of stuff they did a great job. My father was not personally happy because I think he expected more than what they did. We did not realize his level of care was higher than we expected. Garnett place was a good facility and they took good care of my father while he was there for respite.

Kayle Neegaard

We appreciate your time and feedback regarding your father's respite stay. We're happy that he was able to return home and hope that if you should need Garnett Place in the future, you will reach out to us. Thank you and please let us know how we can improve!

A very good tour!

Garnet place was a nice community but it eas multi-level, which can be a little overwhelming for some residents. It is a lower price point, and the lady that took me around was funny and helpful. It was a good tour, but not the best fit for my love one.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for sharing your tour experience with others. We appreciate the feedback and are always looking to improve. One thing we pride ourselves on is the care we take in ensuring that our residents have a seamless transition into their new apartment at Garnett Place. This is why we provide special assistance and ongoing guidance to all who call our community "home!" Our extra helping hands make navigating our multi-level community a little easier and most catch on a lot quicker than they expected. Thank you again!

Staff very nice. "Homey" feel, my dad likes it so far. Has been there for approx. 7 weeks.

Kayle Neegaard

Glad to hear that your father is enjoying Garnett Place so far and that he can call our community "home." Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for him and thank you for your feedback!

A good place!

Garnett Place is a nice facility and the staff is friendly. They do what they can to accommodate the residents and overall it has been a good experience.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so happy to hear that your experience with Garnett Place has been a positive one. Please let us know if there are any changes we could implement to make our community even better!

They could have done a better job of disclosing all of the information about the community.

They did not hold an orientation for mom when she moved in. They did not disclose to us that there was a fee of forty dollars per personal ride. She did not see the director until she had already been there about a week. They lock the outside doors at seven and she was not notified of this. It took them three weeks to come clean her apartment for the first time. The food is good , however they do serve small portions. The community is clean and they offer daily activities and trips out.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We have addressed this with our management team and will be sorting this out with your family immediately. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to improve her stay. It is always our goal to provide a seamless move and a welcoming transition.

Not For Residents Who Need Lots of Care

My dad is moving out because the community could not offer the care that was need. The staff were honest about not be able to give the help. Otherwise the community is clean, they make good meals, and if it is needed I would recommend this community to family and friends.

Kayle Neegaard

We are sorry to hear that your father had to leave Garnett Place due to level of care, but are comforted in knowing that your were aware and informed during the process. Thank you for continuing to refer us to your friends and family.

Father's care

We toured this community for the care of my father. We liked the staff and they were able to answer the questions we had on the care that is offered here. The meals seemed to be appealing. They do offer activities. I suggest that other families tour this community for the care and to see if this is what they are looking for.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for taking the time to tour Garnett Place and for sharing your experience with us. We hope you will reach out with any additional questions or join us for an event or meal in the future. We would love to have your father join our Garnett Place Family!

I liked this community!

This community is beautiful. It was a little more expensive than the one we chose. They offered kitchenettes in each of the apartments. The community is clean and the staff I met were nice. They offer different stages of care.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit at Garnett Place. We appreciate your honest feedback and would love to talk to you more about what lead to your decision. Please feel free to reach out to provide more feedback. Thank you!

Took A Tour!!

Garnett Place was a nice place the layout was nice. The staff met along my tour were friendly. They have various activities like yoga, art, and brain fitness. Amenities like housekeeping and laundry services are also offered. The community is kept very organized. I would recommend a tour of this place they have a lot to offer.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience touring Garnett Place. We are happy to hear that your visit was a pleasant one. In the future if your family should need the amenities and services we provide, we hope that you will strongly consider Garnett Place!

Grandma Is Doing Well

My grandmother is doing very well at this community. My family is very pleased with everything they have done for us. Everyone here is very nice and helpful. The staff is very good, they are taking good care of her. The facility looks nice and clean. Overall it has been a good experience so far. I would recommend it.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Garnett Place. We are so happy to hear that you and your grandmother are happy with your decision to move to Garnett Place. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve further!

It was very good.

It was very good. It was a very short stay. He had a good experience there. They were extremely helpful. I never saw or experienced anything negative at all.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for taking the time to review Garnett Place. We appreciate your kind words and valuable feedback. Please let us know if there is anything we can do in the future.

Welcoming Residents

This community is doing a very well job with caring for my mother she seems happy here. The staff has been wonderful and very helpful to both of us. They made the situation very easy when I was really stressed out. She has a great room and they come clean it for her. The food is good with a variety of choices. The residents welcomed us into the community.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback about your mother's care. We are happy you chose Garnett Place and strive to continue providing very good care for her. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make her feel even more at home.

Beautuful treed surroundings. Large apts and nice dining rooms, activities, library, church services on Sunday. Residents are happy, smiling, well taken care of. Menu like a restaurant, plus always default choices available at all meals ike waffles, plus salad bar.

Kayle Neegaard

We have always thought of ourselves as "Cedar Rapids' best kept secret!" In our little wooded corner, we really do shine. Thank you for your recognition!

Looked very nice!

Kayle Neegaard

We're thankful for your feedback and hope that if the opportunity presents itself, you'll consider Garnett Place in the future!

The meals are intrusive.

I would like to see improvement on the meal menu. The meals are intrusive. The culinary director doesn't have a clue on how to plan a menu. She is not good at all. There are some staff members that rise above others. Some of the staff members care more than others. The apartments are nice. The facility is adequate. The meals are my main concern. At this point, I wouldn't recommend the Garnett Place.

Kayle Neegaard

We are sad to hear that the dining experience at Garnett Place has not met your standards. We recognize the need for nutritious and delicious offerings at all meals, this is why we offer not only the lunch and dinner special, but also a variety of options on our "Always Available" menu. This includes made-to-order items such as soups, salads, deli, grill and breakfast items. We would also encourage you to attend an upcoming resident council meeting to discuss your concerns and options. Please reach out for more information!

I would recommend the Garnett Place.

The Garnett Place is a really nice facility. The only issue we had is with the nurse. He's not willing to work with the doctor as much. I would recommend the Garnett Place. It has been an overall good experience. The facility is nice and it's very clean. Everyone is friendly and helpful. They have a variety of activities. There is a lot of choices. I am really pleased with the Garnett Place so far.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for providing this wonderful and valuable feedback. While we appreciate your overall assessment of the community and willingness to recommend us, we would love to discuss your concerns with our Health Care further. It is always our goal to provide excellent continuity of care, which includes detailed communication with health care providers. Please reach out to us to discuss your concerns and options further!

This is a great fit for my loved one.

This is a great fit for my loved one. With our loved one, no news is good news. They come and clean once a week, and we had good communication with the facility when we were getting things set up. I think it's working out pretty good so far.

Kayle Neegaard

We are so happy to hear that you are happy with your loved ones care and the transition into our community. Please let us know if we can improve further!

Just awesome!

I took a tour in July of Garnett Place and was really impressed with everything. It was very comfortable, clean and the staff was super friendly. They've implemented some great programs to keep the residents busy and happy. I love knowing about this place so that I can share my knowledge of that great facility.

Kayle Neegaard

We are happy to partner with you, Jill! It's great to share the passion of serving the elderly with other dedicated professionals in the area!

Beautiful inside and out. P...

Beautiful inside and out. Pricey with separate pricing for amount of help the senior will need. For example, it was $8 for every 15 min of help (med administration, ambulating, showering, etc.)

Kaelee Freeman

Thank you for touring our community! In an effort to help offset moving costs, during the month of January we are running a move-in special of $1,000 off the first three month's rent. That's a total savings of $3,000!

$4800 Apart with elec range. Ivy fair...

$4800 Apart with elec range. Ivy fairly new. No memory unit yet. Residential setting. Older Ass't Living facility.

Kaelee Freeman

Garnett Place has recently completed a remodeling project and addition that has changed the face of our community. We now have a new lobby and dining room, as well as remodeled Studio, 1-BR and 2-BR apartments. We appreciate your review and hope you will visit us to see the improvements we are making to our community!

Garnett Place Retirement Community offers the best of both worlds! While close to shopping, medical services and entertainment, the community sits in a quiet, wooded area with natural surroundings and wildlife to view. Friendly, compassionate, and dedicated staff make Garnett Place easy to call home by finding the uniqueness of each resident and treating everyone who enters like family. Garnett Place offers a choice of spacious independent and assisted living apartments, as well as lovely townhomes. With several floor plans to choose from and recent renovations, there is truly something for everyone. Friendships and a sense of community are naturally fostered at Garnett Place through the Life Enrichment program which provides wellness, social, spiritual and educational opportunities daily. At Garnett Place, it's about coming home.