Brookdale Scotts Valley - Scotts Valley, CA

Brookdale Scotts Valley - Scotts Valley, CA has yet not published prices.

The Community I Picked

I like the whole set up of the community and I enjoyed my visit with them for a week. I can't wait to move in. I like the friendly atmosphere and everything about the care they provide. Everybody is pleasant. It is near to family and convenient for them to pick me up. My main reason I picked them.

We loved [Removed]. I can't say enough about her. She is perfect for her job. She is so welcoming, friendly, knowledgeable, appropriate, and helpful. We loved the whole feeling of the place, amenities, apartments, social activities, and grounds . This place would be perfect for our mother. We need to meet with our mother and discuss what she can afford.

Clean community!

The Brookdale is a nice place, my dad seemed to really like it. It is clean and the food is very good. Whenever there were any bumps in the road, they were quick to resolve them.

A new home

I like living in this community. The staff is always helpful to my needs. This community is very clean. I like being able to cook for myself when I want. The meals that are served are good. I like the activities that are offered to me. I would recommend families to this community.

Want to feel smart choose Brookdale for your parent.

This started rough with missed promises but after seeing so many other places has turned out to be the best choice. The staff and residents seem so happy to be there that I hope my Mother-in Law will be Happy again.
She mainly needed to be around people again and this has wonderful fresh food being made daily and a communal food area that operates like a restaurant.
There seem to be a wide range of events and things to do and my mother-in-law has already taken a bus tour of the area.
We feel so smart that we chose Brookdale in Scotts Valley. 15 minutes from our house and very pleasant to see her there. They welcomed her dog and she is her companion.
The staff seem to truly love the residents.

[Removed] was very helpful answering our questions. facility was neat and clean. Flexible meal schedule good,They appear to have process to manage transitions that minimizes the load on customers.

I enjoyed the facility and tour with the staff. This seems like a good option in the area.

So GOOD I fear you will not believe me.

The management and employees are the best and the smiles and happy residences are the result of their care. It is a rocky path locating my mother in law in a assisted living facility but except for a move in confusion the experience is far, far better than I had ever expected.
The parking for guests states "Future Resident" and this just may be a reality as this has changed my feeling of these facilities for ever.
What a warm, caring place for your parents or loved one this is the place.

Great Expectations TOTAL disappointment.

Early Returns. Can not get completed. We have paid and filled all applications but the move in date is over 2 weeks past and they can not get the contracted apartment done. This is a BIG, BIG problem. Costing me a lot of extra money but mainly STRESS and GRIEF.
My elder parent is at total wits end and my wife is so stressed.
The people seem great but the business side of this completely,as of now, is impossible. We contracted for the 1st and now the 15th and no carpets and NO move in date. They have not followed through.
This solicitation for review came too soon as I do not know if they will complete their agreement. I can not express my current disappointment as deeply as I feel.

Clean Community!!

This is a beautiful property, the housekeeping team does an amazing job at making sure the community stays well maintained as well as his personal studio. My loved one really seems to be enjoying his dinning experience and the meals they serve. Overall I have no complaints about this facility.

Brookdale, Scotts Valley. Staff, campus, activities, services.

We moved our mother to Brookdale, Scotts Valley in May. Mom is 93 years old, a cancer survivor, stroke survivor (mild stroke Feb. 2016) and has macular degeneration ( which is progressing).

We chose a studio apartment, which is very nice. The marketing staff offered a fantastic "move in special" which saved us approx. $5500. ($1000 discount & third month free).

The activities are creative - water color painting class, exercise class, crochet group, interesting documentaries and good movies as well as live music performances.

The ride service for doctor appointments, I feel, is so limited that it would be hard to make use of. Rides to doctor are only 2 days per week between the hours of 10:00 am and 2:00 pm and no escorts are provided (even for an extra charge).

The housekeeping staff does a good job and the food is really quite good in a very pleasant atmosphere. Like dining in a good restaurant. Salad bar and sandwiches are always available in addition to the daily menu.

I am a bit concerned lately, that the facility may be in some financial trouble. At a recent meeting with staff/residents, the residents were told that some of the services and outings would be cancelled due to low occupancy rate (i.e. not enough revenue coming in). Sure enough, within days, the calender reflected this - outings were abruptly cancelled. It has been my experience having worked in assisted living, that when this happens, a change in ownership may be on the horizon. Long time residents have told me that they have been through several changes in ownership. I hope this does not happen. A number of residents have moved elsewhere since these changes were implemented.

Overall, my mother has adjusted well and seems very happy at Brookdale. The residents are friendly and generous. Most are from "the greatest generation" - WWII era or Korean War era, so they "look out for each other". This made the change much easier for my mother.

We love Brookdale.

We love Brookdale. I don't have any complaints so far. I would say they get a five. Their food is even good!

Seems like a very nice place!

My loved one was only here a short time, but overall I was impressed with Brookdale Scotts Valley, it is a very nice place. The facility itself is attractive and well kept, and all of the people seemed very friendly. They have all sorts of different activities and amenities to offer the residents. It is definitely worth a look, if you're looking into senior living in the area.

Great atmosphere, and a friendly staff

Our experience with Oak Tree Villa has been a good one overall! It is a very nice community, it's attractive and has a very friendly atmosphere. I like that it has an open, outdoorsy feel. Many of the rooms have balconies, and there are plenty of outside paths to take walks on. I also thought that the food was good, considering the number of people they have to feed. They've got a good salad bar!

They have been very helpful, and very accommodating.

They have been very helpful, and very accommodating. The food is really nice. The residents are very, very happy, Andrea seems to know everybody by their first name, and their faces light up when they see her. The pricing is very reasonable. They go on a three hour drive every week and it seems to be to nice places.

Very disappointed

Very $$$, it seems they charge for services we are not getting, when we are there we have to seek them out to put her to bed, get her up, etc. We have also been employing a caregivers through an agency to initially help with the transition but we should not have to hire outside help to compensate for their incompetence. Every time we go we get a list of chores or have to do something or another. Very displeased. Moving her out of here and back to her house. It felt like they didn't particularly care if we stayed or went, they didn't want to make our lives easier or help with anything, and it felt like none of them particularly knew her routine or what to expect.

So far, this hasthe most options

So far, this hasthe most options

This was also very nice and I think i...

This was also very nice and I think it would be suitable. I got a good feel about the Oak Tree Villa community. And I liked the option of its having more meal choices than some of the other communities.

Brookdale Scotts Valley is a premier assisted living community in Scotts Valley, California. Our community, located in Santa Cruz County, sits on seven acres overlooking rolling hills near the Santa Cruz Mountains. Our residents enjoy the perfect combination of quiet and peaceful living with easy access to downtown amenities and medical facilities. Our small city is just a short drive from San Jose and Monterey Bay, providing all the luxuries of big-city living.

Our residents enjoy personalized care services that are tailored to meet individual needs and preferences. We work closely with each resident to develop trusted relationships that let us learn about their past to help them achieve future goals. Residents enjoy privacy and independence in apartment-style homes, while our dynamic social calendar and abundance of community events help residents feel a sense of community and belonging.

Brookdale Scotts Valley offers a range of services and amenities, including:

Holistic care services to provide an environment where seniors thrive
Alarmed exterior doors and emergency response system in each apartment
Private dining room for special occasions and family events
Putting green to practice your golf stroke
Gardening areas with raised beds