Colonial Oaks Assisted Living and Memory Care in Pearland - Pearland, TX

Beauty Salon on site

While my loved one was here, I have witnessed many positive features. The staff keeps the facility very nice and clean. I believed they took out the trash every day, I never saw any trash bags over flowed with anything. They also have lots of activities that they offer that are posted on a calendar that they put up to let the other residents know. They have a game room, a table in the hallway that has a puzzle so tenants can just sit down when they want to and do it, they have a movie area, and a beauty salon onsite so tenants can get their hair done. The place is really nice. The staff team is also very knowledgeable and helpful. Since my loved one needed more medical care/attention that unfortunately could not be provided by the current staff, they helped me to find another location for my loved one so she can get the help that she needs. All in all I would recommend this place to others.

From A Trainers Perspective

I've been working as a trainer for twenty years teaching CPR/First Aid and Prevention of Aggressive Behavior in over a 150 facilities. From the moment I step into Colonial Oaks At Pearland I was taken by the professionalism of the entire staff. Their interactions with the residents was truly amazing and it was easy to see that it was from top to bottom. I can honestly say, if I had to recommend one of my love ones to a facility that cares for seniors, I would look know further than Colonial Oaks.

Great place

Wonderful, caring place. I would highly recommend this facility.

They have done a good job, and we are happy with them

They have done a good job, and we are happy with them. It's clean, and the staff are friendly. We are happy with them.

Majority Good and Some Bad

They sometimes do not have enough care givers. Mom needs assistance walking to the bathroom and has to wait for a long period for assistance, during these shortages.

They advertise that they have wi-fi. There has been no wi-fi since my mom moved in Oct. This has created a major problem for us because even with hearing aids mom cannot hear on the phone. Her phone has closed captioning but with the wi-fi down it doesn't work. It is very frustrating for us and especially for mom. We have been trying to get them to fix it to no avail.

The food is delicious. They go get the residents for meals and for activities. They also transport the residents to doctor's appointments which helps the family.

Very Impressive

We were very impressed with the facility in Pearland. The people there seem nice. I haven't had too much contact with them, but the level of attention and the genuine sense of care that the staff seems to have is very impressive.

It feels very first class

It feels very first class. The staff is exceptionally friendly. The management makes every effort to make accommodations. I would recommend the Colonial Oaks at Pearland. It is a very nice community.

They go above and beyond

The executive team is very accommodating. They make sure that everyone's needs are met and they go above and beyond to meet everyone's expectations and more. We really like it here and recommend it to others to visit.
In terms of activities, I'd give the Colonial Oaks at Pearland in Pearland, Texas five stars/

I have volunteered at many assisted living facilities, and Colonial Oaks is the best one. I have been there many times, and everything about this place stands out to me. The people are so nice, which is probably the #1 thing that keeps me coming back. It just kind of makes my day a little happier.

A+ for Colonial Oaks

Colonial Oaks was my first choice for my mom and they lived up to expectations. The food, activities, the staff, all A+. I couldn't be more happy!

Peace of Mind

Spring of 2014 my father moved to Colonial Oaks Pearland. From the first impromptu visit the staff was friendly and helpful. My dad is happy with the living environment, staff, food services, and accommodations. I am happy with the full service heath supervision, genuine friendly and kindness of the staff, location, cleanliness, and peace of mind. A few initial issues were rectified immediately. This is to be expected when someone is having a complete lifestyle change.
The cost per day for the services provided are very reasonable.

They didn’t address the memory care issues.

They didn’t address the memory care issues. This community has residents who are earlier in the progression of the disease and it was my second choice. If they could have helped with memory care issues, this would have been a better choice for us. I’d rate them highly across the board.

Disappointment

Both my parents lived at Colonial Oaks. It is an overall nice facility and they do a great job of selling you on their services. Then it is downhill from there.

After moving my parents in and after multiple requests, I was unable to get a copy of the countersigned contract.

They suggested using OmniCare out of Nacogdoches for medications and never gave them the Medicare and AARP information and we are still trying to work through exactly how much is owed and how much insurance has paid.

The medications were ordered and or shipped wrong and they dispersed too much of a medication causing significant issues with my mom, then started charging me more each month to take care of her. Again, without providing me any sort of countersigned contract or documentation. We are not sure of the long term health impact of over medicating her.

The director, Lisa Gilles-Petruna, berated my parents and would no longer let them go on any bus trips or eat in the dining room.

The team did not clean their bathroom, room or kitchen area. I had to go in once a week and clean.

I gave notice to Colonial Oaks and it took a few emails to "negotiate" the final amount due. When I moved them out, Lisa committed to providing the care plan, medications and final bill. All we received was a trash bag of medications.

Colonial Oaks never sent me anything and after a month of not receiving any response, I received a call from their collection agency. After the initial collections call, we were able to finalize the final payment.

I would not recommend or trust Colonial Oaks.

Basically I looked at five properties...

Basically I looked at five properties when searching for a suitable assisted living facility for my sister. Out of the five, I like Colonial Oaks/Pearland the best. It just is open and bright, the staff seems quite helpful and friendly. I have a positive feel about the place. My sister hasn't actually moved in yet so I can't comment on that. I will say that the staff has been wonderful in working with me and my family just to get my sister moved there.

Too far for what we need now

I knew the price wouldn't be comparable to what we needed. I had a friend who was there but it was jsut too far from my other brother. It's a very nice place though, the upkeep was very nice, the dining was very nice also.

Well worth the cost

We aren't having any problems right now but when we initially moved in we were told new carpet would be put in-it wasnt-the kitchen and bathroom were dirty but we told them about it and they took care of it the next day. The cost is a little bit more than a few other places but the quality of the care they're receiving, the environment, the location, makes it worth it. They play bingo and exercise everyday, my father in law has been doing puzzles, they're very involved with everything. It's not home so there was quite a bit of homesickness in the beginning but they're really trying. My mother in law is basically wheelchair bound but it's basically given my father in law his life back because there are people there who can take care of her, it's been a relief for him.

Two Stories

It was lovely - very nice! It was two story, that was one of the drawbacks and the staff was a little bit more attentive at the other Colonial Oaks we looked at. It was also too far away from where my sister-in-law lived.

Lovely place Dee was very h...

Lovely place Dee was very helpful. The location is just to far. If we can't find a place closer. I will differently consider here

Colonial Oaks provides assisted living and memory care in beautiful and welcoming setting. Our residents receive around the clock personal care,3 meals daily,medication management,maid and laundry service and activities 7 days a week.