Brookdale Pittsford - Pittsford, NY

Brookdale Pittsford - Pittsford, NY has yet not published prices.

Beware of Brookdale

Mom lived there for 4 + years. In the first 2.5 years, nice value. Generally good staff. Some of the aides are well trained and truly seem to care, but there has been an enormous turnover in staff as well.
Last 1.5 years, though, once the name changed from ClareBridge to Brookdale, huge decrease in quality of care. Rates go up every January, but quality has decreased significantly. Staff have been reduced to minimal standards, a nurse used to be available 24/7, not any more. Staff are overburdened with needs of residents, especially at night and on weekends. Residents with higher needs are [Removed]. Often left wet /soiled, not kept hydrated, meal times rushed-so proper nutrition is not possible. Focus has become meds and minimal care needed.
Mom had a recent issue while eating in the AM, she was left on her own without consultation even with nurse until later in the day when a staff person expressed concern. Another issue had also been a concern, but no one did anything about it. I had not been notified of any of this. I arrived to visit and was instantly concerned with her condition. No nurse was around, an aide called for support from off duty nurse and xray but she clearly needed more help than that. Sadly they have put her in jeopardy for the last time.

The hometown look and feel of the place was unique. A cafe where each person could get a cookie and cup of coffee was quaint. Plenty of interior walking space, but otherwise rather confining. Everyone or staff seems to know each person well. Small alcoves along hallways are nice to sit for a rest or read a book. Multiple garden spaces between the buildings were attractive.

The staff are awesome

The staff are kind, loving and encourage my dad. The food is ok and the meals seem to be well balanced. They offer daily activities and the community is kept clean. This is a locked community, however they do have a closed in patio with flowers and tables. They also have a vestibule with flowers outside the front door. I would recommend this community.

Awesome

My father has been at Brookdale for about a month. When I am there the staff if wonderful; friendly, helpful to us and to my dad. I have heard from others, strangers, of how awesome Brookdale is and they highly recommend the facility.

Love Brookdale

My dad has been at Brookdale for about a month now. Everytime I have visited, the staff has been exceptionally friendly and very kind to the residents. The facility has been extremely clean. Before bringing dad to this facility, I did visit two others in the vicinity and we picked Brookdale due to the friendliness and efficiency of the staff.

Brookdale (Family)

My dad just arrived at Brookdale today. He was greeted by the staff and was so welcomed by everyone! My daughter and I showed him his room and then [Removed] took him to show him around. He was so interested in following [Removed] that he didn't concern himself that we were leaving. It went so much smoother than I ever imagined. I just love the staff at Brookdale and all feel just like family!!

A good tour

This looked like a nice clean community when we visited. This is a locked memory care community. The people seemed nice. This community was just not what we were looking for.

The First and Only Tour

This community is providing a very good experience for my mom. She is routinely participating in activities and has made some friends. The staff call me regularly with updates on my mom. We are very happy with Brookdale.

Wonderful Community

This is a wonderful community, and even though father was here for a short time, it is a great facility. They have an amazing staff, they were great to work with. They specialize in memory care, I knew he was in good hands. A place for mom was very helpful in all the help they provided me with. This is a very nice community, and I would recommend it.

Best decision ever!

My loved one has lived at Brookdale Pittsford, NY for 6 weeks. The staff is absolutely wonderful! They have made the transition so easy that she has never complained about moving out of her house. All of the staff, from the director to the aides, interact with the residents daily, they are friendly, warm, and caring.

Every day there are activities to keep her busy and most of the residents participate in every activity.

I can't say enough good things about the facility.

I would send my loved one to Brookdale anytime.

I found Brookdale after having some bad experiences at another facility. I've used them twice now for short term respite care for my mom and I'm about to use them again in January.
I found Brookdale to be clean and well maintained.
Everyone there was friendly and welcoming to her.
The admission process has been very easy. The price is reasonable and much less expensive than having in home respite care.
Several of my mother's visitors commented to me that she was clean, well fed and happy. When we left the facility the Activities Director made it a point of finding me and discussing the various activities mom participated in.
When I would pick her up at the other facility she was anxious and restless. At Brookdale she has seemed relaxed and calm.
I feel very comfortable with my mom being there and would recommend Brookdale to anyone.

Medicine Is Not Administered Properly!!

We used Brookdale Pittsford for respite for my loved one. The staff were attentive and communicated okay with me. Relative members that would visit didn't have anything negative to say about it. The only problem we had was the way they administered medicine to my loved one. I sent exact medication for my loved one during their stay there and they returned some which meant it wasn't administered. My loved one came out a little sick from respite care due to the lack of them not providing medicine.

Good experience at Brookdale

The entire staff has been very helpful caring for her and responding to family requests. She feels very safe there. So far has been a positive experience.

Stay away from this place!

Stay away from this place!

Safety Is Not Their Top Priority

It seems that since this facility changed management from "Clare Bridge" to "Brookdale" things have gone downhill... my loved one, a veteran with Alzheimer's and a PATIENT, was "buzzed out" (we have no idea why) of the front doors within his first week! The facility promptly called the police, who arrested him and send him to a psychiatric ward. This is NOT proper procedure for an elderly dementia patient, and the facility was not apologetic about this incident. In addition, they have not attended to his hygiene needs and managed to 'misplace' several personal items of his. It's been a distressing experience. They seem to be trying to take a personal approach, and offer a lot of positives for the patients, but at the end of the day our biggest concern is SAFETY which does not seem to be properly managed. Not a secure facility. If your loved one 'wanders' or 'escapes' I suggest looking elsewhere.

Beautiful on the surface, but look carefully underneath

I am very sorry to say that our family unfortunately had a very poor experience with the care that our father received at Brookdale Pittsford. Medication errors, room not kept clean, basic hygiene not attended to, and lack of communication with the responsible family members about any issues. With the combination of our own discussions and the advice of our father's physician, we had to move him to another facility for our peace of mind about his care needs. Brookdale Senior Living has a very good name and only fairly recently took over the management of the facility, however, the previous issues as a Clarebridge facility with NY State inspections and other issues have a long way to go for this facility to live up to Brookdale standards. It is an unfortunate case of it being a beautiful building, but with infrastructure issues.

Friendly, accommodating staff

We're very pleased with how things have gone at Clare Bridge of Perinton. The staff has been very friendly, and very accommodating. They were a big help throughout the whole process and made my loved one's transition quick and relatively stress-free. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and they do a great job looking out for the people who live here.

I like the calm atmosphere, the respect for the patients. I like the layout of the building, easy for David to walk his laps. A strong possibility ....

Memory care only. All resid...

Memory care only. All residents are ambulatory. Doors are pass code protected and alarmed. Lots going on when we toured. Second graders were reading Dr. Seuss and wearing Seuss hats-dad would have loved it! Average age 82. Pros: good outings-includes golfing on the range. Craft room includes work bench with some hand tools.

New Resident

We placed our Mom at Clare Bridge in January. There have been a couple of bumps but all-in-all I believe they give their best. Resident's rooms are not always clean. Several mix-up's with clothes.

Director is wonderful and very caring...

Director is wonderful and very caring to all the residents of Clare Bridge. The facility is beautiful, spotless, nice sized rooms, and the staff are extremely attentive to the residents. With the amount of activities, they keep the residents busy and occupied. I would highly recommend Clare Bridge and if my family lived closer, we would have placed mom there.

We liked this one

We liked this one

At Brookdale Pittsford we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That’s why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer’s and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer’s and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer’s and dementia care programs at Clare Bridge are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.