Crimson Ridge Gardens - Rochester, NY

Good Experience

I will never forget the kindness they showed us when we were placing my Dad at Crimson. They were always so wonderful to my Dad and to us and helped us so much in our time of need. I also have nothing but good things to say about the staff and nurses who have helped my Dad through the months he was there

Husband is Well

My husband is doing well with his move to this community. I'am pleased with all they have done for us.

Mom is Doing Well

My mother is doing very well since her move to this community. Everything is working our very well, and I'am satisfied with all they have done for us. This is a good community, and it is working out well for my family.

I would definitely recommend this community!

My mother was at CRG for a year and a half and I found it to be a very welcoming and comforting place for her. She even said on more than 1 occasion how much she liked it there. The staff was caring and communicative. If I had a concern, they would bend over backwards to work with mom to make her more comfortable. They had many activities that mom didn't take advantage of but she LOVED music and they had a lot of it! I have recommended this living community to many of my friends.

So happy to have found this place.

My Aunt has full blown Alzheimer's and was living in another facility that only cared about their money and left the patients to just sit around like complete zombies. It was so horrible to visit her there and we didn't think there were any other options because of my Aunt's condition.

Then I had the pleasure of meeting [Removed] at Crimson Ridge. [Removed] and her staff were extremely helpful in transitioning my Aunt from a horrible nursing home to Crimson Ridge. They took the time to make all the necessary phone calls, required visits, interviews, and helped with all the paperwork that needed to be completed.

We were able to get my Aunt in there within a few days. It's very clean, friendly, and there are a lot of activities going on everyday to keep my Aunt occupied. They even take the residents out on trips and keep their minds stimulated. It's awesome! My Aunt was never allowed to leave her own floor in the other place.

[Removed] is always available whenever I need to talk to her and she even goes out of her way to text us pictures of our Aunt enjoying her new life at Crimson Ridge.
[Removed] is a complete professional and an awesome, super friendly person as well. The whole staff is so friendly and helpful.

I'm so grateful to have found this place so my Aunt can spend the remainder of her life with dignity.

Thankyou!

I wish to express my appreciation for the outstanding support and care given to my mother for the past two and half years at Crimson Ridge Meadows and Gardens. The staff was very professional and communications were outstanding. My mother suffered from Alzheimer's and could at times be difficult to deal with. The staff always found a way to work with her.
The facilities are very clean and have lots of activities for the residents.
I would recommend Crimson Ridge Gardens and Meadows to anyone who needs their services..

Very Pleased with Crimson Ridge

Both my Mom & Dad have been in the Memory Care Unit at Crimson Ridge since July, 2016. We are very pleased the the care they are receiving. We have switched them to the doctors on staff and have been pleased with the level of care received from them. The staff is pleasant and always available to answer questions and to keep me up-to-date with how things are going for both Mom and Dad. [removed] are extremely professional and always available either by phone or email.

The environment is lovely, The double room my parents are in is large, bright and cheery. The staff keeps the room clean and inviting. They are both happy with the meals and snacks.

I have attended a number of the family events the staff have organized and they do a wonderful job. Given the circumstances that bring these residents to this facility, I feel that they are all well taken care of and looked after.

Not a place for MOM

Be very educated if considering this place. We were duped. Its a glorified assisted living. My mom was there for 7 months and they called us almost daily about everything. If my mother went into another residents room or in another room and used the bathroom. Other residents hit her more than one occasion. They could not take care of her, sent us an eviction notice. Its a memory care facility - HELLO? all the residents wander in the wrong rooms. We would get a phone call like she were a bad student getting written up on bad behavior. There were other residents in my mothers room every time we were there. One was sleeping in her bed! Activities were lame, LOUD music and reading current events. Bingo once a month. Most the nurse/aide staff was nice and seemed to genuinely care, The administrative staff were cold and seemed to have 1 concern - getting my mother out of there. We could feel it each time we visited. They insisted we hire a 1 on 1 caregiver $20-25/hr from 9 - 7pm daily the last 2 months my mom lived there. It was perceived as a threat. At over 5k a month they were supposed to be caregivers. What were we paying for? Food was fair.. SEVERAL personal items went missing. & we notified the person in charge- items never found. How does a 2 foot white teddy bear go missing? Pictures taken off her wall- never found. We often did her laundry so clothing wouldn't go missing. My sister showered her weekly, I changed the sheets. Was by far the worst experience. I would NOT recommend this place!

Life Savers

My husband stayed at Crimson Ridge when I was desperate, and my family could not be more grateful. They took the time to learn about him, make him smile, and helped me get through this challenging time that I was going through alone. I enjoyed the community and so did my husband's many visitors throughout his stay.

Not Impressed

My mom recently moved into this facility. I am not impressed. There isn't enough staff and the hallways smell like urine. The food is hospital like yet the price to live here is extremely high. Definitely better choices on this end of town.

My father has been at Crimson Ridge Gardens for about two months and have been very well pleased. He has been very happy since we placed him in there. He was feeling down a little before going in and his spirits are much higher now. He is very active and involved with the activities.

The only thing I can even think of where they can improve would be to have larger print on the menus and activity boards for people like my father that have really bad eye sight.

Outside of that everything has been excellent. The place is very clean and the staff there are all very helpful.

New home for MOM

We recently moved my mother-in-law to her new "apartment". Everyone there was very welcoming. The management team matched her up with another woman that recently moved there and they have become good friends. There was only 1 concern that we had with Crimson Ridge....it was a challenge to straighten out her meds and to make sure we had ample time to order her OTC items Once this was taken care of, it has been smooth sailing and Mom has adjusted nicely.

Beware

Crimson Ridge has gone down hill! The director is nothing but rude and I would say an ambulance chaser. Most residents need higher level of care yet she places all at risk residents and staff by expecting all to preform this higher level of care. I cant tell you how many phone calls I received of mother falling and how many trips to the emergency room. I cant blame the aids /nursing staff they weren't trained/hired for this level of care needed. Diabetic residents that received insulin administration would have chocolate cake for lunch , midday snack and again at dinner for desert. My mother's blood sugar was out of control and she was placed at risk. When I went to the directors office she stated she had no time to speak she was busy. Im from out of town so I figured I would at least be a priority ,no ! She shut her office door litteraly on my face and I did see her not once but 3 seperate times go to smoke. I guess that was more important then taking those minutes to speak to a paying customer. Non the less we pulled mother out of Crimson Ridge the following week due to being rushed to the hospital for a blood sugar level that was critical high and mom unresponsive. BTW no one is CPR certified at Crimson Ridge and if it wasnt for the wonderful ambulance staff we would not have mom this day. Please be aware of this place , sketchy director and all that is wrong with the place . Remember looks are deceiving and so is Crimson Ridge.

Good overall environment, mother overmedicated, inadequate security of residents

What I like about the place is that the environment overall is pretty good.

I dislike that the doctors on staff overmedicated my mother, so she is no longer there. When she went in, she could walk and feed herself, and now she can no longer walk and feed herself. Since we moved her, she is doing better.

Also, the day we moved her in, a resident with dementia was able to get out the window and walk off. Neighbors across the street called her a cab, which took her to another town miles away.

It was beautiful and they cared very much.

It was beautiful and they cared very much. The staff was very friendly, they were so nice. They just weren't able to care for her needs. I would like to live there myself, and I would recommend them. They did all the right things.

My loved one stayed here for a couple...

My loved one stayed here for a couple weeks, and there were things we were happy with, and things we weren't. On one hand, my loved one looked like she hadn't had proper hygiene care, but on the other hand, she didn't have any bed sores or anything. They called me while I was gone, and touched base with me. They offered activities and had a lot of things going on.

There were a couple issues. For one, they charge you for the day they arrive AND the day they leave. So, even if they are only there for a couple hours the last day, you still have to pay the whole day's fees. Also, some belongings were lost during her stay... which didn't feel too good.

However, we liked how homey it felt. My loved one seemed to be very comfortable there. There were some things that irritated her, but she seemed to be well cared for and we were pleased. I would consider having her stay there again if I needed it.

It's clean, and when you compare them to all the other communities in the area that we were looking in they had the best value. I don't really have much involvement when it comes to the activities so I can't say much there. The meals are the biggest problem as far as what they serve and their menu choices. Anne Grey runs the community and she is absolutely wonderful to deal with. If you have a resident that needs help with medication, just know that the aides are the ones who do that, not the R.N.

Stunning in their presentation

They were stunning in their presentation, they looked newer. I got a tour and that's it. The people were nice but nothing made them stand out.

It was good.

It was good.

Crimson Ridge

My Mother moved to Crimson Ridge in May, 2013. She is enjoying the benefits Assisted Living has to offer. Her apartment is lovely , kept clean & efficient for her needs. Her laundry is done well & timely. She says the food is great! The staff is helpful, efficient, friendly and welcoming & accommodating to visiting family members. The surrounding grounds are pretty and well maintained.
The cost is in line with the other places we visited. It's a fair value for the services provided.
Our family is very happy with Crimson Ridge, it was a good choice for Mom..

My Mother moved to Crimson Ridge in M...

Our family is very happy with Crimson Ridge, it was a good choice for Mom..

Very nice- biggest room is quite smal...

Very nice- biggest room is quite small

Crimson Ridge Gardens is an assisted living facility with a specialty in the area of memory care. Located in Rochester, New York, we strive to provide safety, comfort, and good health to all of our residents, while meeting each of their individual needs and celebrating the lives of each resident. We have the best health care providers who share the same goal of providing exceptional care to all of our elderly residents, helping them live longer and happier lives. We have over 50 years of experience in the field, and with all of our unique residents, there has never been a dull moment. Residents love the fact that they are provided with three, actually home cooked, meals a day. To enrich the lives of our residents, it is important they eat what they like. With real home cooked meals, we can give our residents well balanced diets and provide food that they love. We provide stimulation of the mind and body by providing various activities and programs to participate in. We provide transportation for our residents so that they may easily attend doctors appointments. We have beautiful, enclosed courtyards for our residents to enjoy, eliminating the dangers of wandering in our memory challenged residents. Our professionals provide any and all assistance needed to ensure the safety and quality of the lives of our seniors. Our residents love being here because they get all the physical activity and social interaction to keep them happy and healthy, with a home cooked meal to top it all off.