Brookdale Owatonna - Owatonna, MN

Brookdale Owatonna - Owatonna, MN has yet not published prices.

Delighted With Meeting The Staff

My mom is doing very good in her community. I picked them because on the tour I had a good conversation with 2 of the staff and I asked them specifically if they like what they do in the community. They told me they like working with the dementia patients and working in the memory care. The have caring hearts and provide one on one. They have assisted living in another unit. The memory care is secure and they are free to roam as they please.

Safe environment...

The staff is friendly but they could use some help. There are too many residents for the amount of staff. The place is clean overall, but the food is awful. My father walks away hungry because of how bad it is. I like the open feel when you walk in the building.

Very bad place!

This place was very depressing and dark. Also when we were suppose to take a tour all the man did was put us in the main room and talk. I asked where everyone was at because we did not see one single resident in the whole hour we were there. There was nothing going on.

Terrible experience!

Our experience with the Brookdale Owatonna was terrible, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. In will start off by saying the staff and nurse were great. They took very good care of my father while he was there. The place was clean and well maintained. The bad part was their sales guy [Removed]. He got us in there with fake promises. He told us a certain price and when we moved in, it was much more! He made us move my father in, hang up pictures, and make his apartment home! He should not work there! He lied to us.

Brookdale Owatonna is an assisted living community servicing seniors in the Owatonna, Minnesota area, our adjacent sister community provides memory care services for seniors with Alzheimer's or other types of dementia. We are at the south end of town near the Steele County Fairgrounds. The annual Steele County Fair is a favorite outing for our residents and we enjoy it every year.

Our activities director understands how important socialization, skill building, reminiscing and fun are to everyone's health and well-being. With that in mind we offer a lively activity schedule including:

Bingo
Daily exercise groups
Arts and crafts
Baking club
Manicures
Bible study and worship services
Private courtyard with raised flower beds
Book club
Outings to restaurants, shopping centers and other entertainment

We provide personalized assisted living in a warm home-like environment. Our community is easy to navigate for those with mobility issues but we have a wide variety of both indoor and outdoor public areas for residents to enjoy. We strive to keep residents as independent as possible while assisting with tasks when needed. Our caring staff are able to help with managing medications, daily grooming needs, assistance with mobility and monitoring on going health issues.