Brookdale Miami Township - Dayton, OH

Brookdale Miami Township - Dayton, OH has yet not published prices.

They are extremely nice and the facility is clean and well maintained. [Name removed] has been wonderful working with our mom and helping us apply for VA benefits. We look forward to our mom living there. [name removed]

Was very welcoming and [Removed] was great host.

This is a good community for my mom. The staff are caring and always attentive. The menu is good and she is pleased with the nice variety of healthy meals. They do have a good list of activities for they have activities for the others that she is trying to get used to doing with the others. We would recommend
this community and we like knowing that she does have a friend that is moving in soon.

Great Community

Great community, and my tour of it went well. Everyone was very kind to my family, and myself. I was pleased with all they did for us. They were very informative, and helpful.

Good Food, and Activities, Tour Went Well

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. My tour went well. The community looked nice, everything appeared neat, and well maintained. The staff was friendly, and kind.They have good activities available for the residents. Unfortunately their rates were to high for our budget, and the location of the room they showed us was to far for her to walk. It is a nice community, but it wasn't the one for us.

We love it!

Everything is going really well. Mom loves it and so do we. Mom likes the food and the dining so that she can socialize. The community is always clean which is a big thing for us. We like that it is so close so that we can visit mom more often.

We Love This Community

We love this community ! Everything has worked out very well for my grandmother since her move here. She has gotten involved in the community with the activities they have available. It is really a good fit for her and her needs. The staff is wonderful, I know she is in good hands. She is very pleased with the meals. I've had a meal and it was very good. I'am very pleased with her move here, and I would recommend it. It is a very nice place.

Mom's Care

My mom is doing good here. The staff is caring and very attentive. The food is very good and she is enjoying the variety of what is offered. The community is always clean. They do offer her activities and she is enjoying them at her convenience.I would highly recommend this for excellent care and value for a loved one.

My tour!

The rooms were out of date but the community was clean. The staff were the friendliest of all the communities we looked at.

I would recommend this community to anyone!!!

My dad really likes being at Waterford. The staff have been very helpful giving us good advice on how to help my dad with the transition to the community. They are constantly maintaining this clean community. I have eaten here and the food is good. My dad raves about the food.

My experience

Overall my mom is adjusting to her new home wonderfully. Thank you A Place For Mom and all of your staff for your assistance.

I truly enjoyed my tour of The Waterford! The welcome sign with my mother and mine name on it was very touching, the unit was cozy and inviting. The menu options for her meals appealed to both of us. Holly and everyone elsewere friendly and helpful. I will take my mother and hopefully she will be as pleased as I was.

Wonder experience

People are friendly and caring. Food delicious, and staff excellent.

Wonder experience

People are friendly and caring. Food delicious, and staff excellent.

Bad Place

Bad bad place. Make sure you check out other places in community. This place stinks, [removed] and not a clean atmosphere. Looks can be deceiving.

BEWARE

Was the nastiest place I have ever seen, Upper management does not know answers to any questions, [removed]. Be very careful what they tell you to sign and pay much attention to room conditions. They gave my brother a room, which was not handicap accessible. They gave him one price and then tried to charge another. [removed] Do not trust anything Sharon, Ron or any of the others say, because they are not qualified workers, and they say one thing and do another. This place does not treat the elderly kind (upper management), workers are good but severely underpaid. My brother fell several times there and was told to take him to nursing facility, which I did, then they come back and try to say he owes 3 times what he actually owed. Dont trust them or you loved ones to them

This was a solid place, pretty much had everything my mom would need. Could not really find any faults. However the other place we looked at was just a bit better.

This has worked out well.

This has worked out well. I don't have any complaints at this point. The staff is friendly, and the people all seem happy to be there. There are a lot of amenities. Everything has gone pretty smoothly.

Fantastic! We were encouraged to spend a night to get a better feel of the facility. The dining arrangements are awesome. Personal service, many menu choices and the service staff were all friendly and loved being there. All of the residents we talked to loved living there. Many activities and trips were scheduled. Exercise room, physical therapy room, game rooms, beauty salon, small store, and an outdoor heated pool all got our attention. Safety is very important there, grab bars, and personal emergency button to wear around the neck. I could go on but you will just have to see for yourself.

Nice place, overall

I think they do a good job overall at Waterford! They really put a lot of effort into helping her get acclimated into the community, and assigned her a resident "ambassador" to help introduce her to the community and get settled in. Everyone here is very friendly, and I think they do a great job looking out for the people that live here!

My Happier Mom!!

My Mother moved to The Waterford from another community in the area. It was a good community, but it wasn't what she wanted. At the Waterford everyone is SO friendly that she feels like she has found a new HOME. She doesn't feel like she is visiting. When she goes down to the dining room to eat, if she is by herself there is always someone who says, " Hello, why don't you sit with us?" And that happens even with people she doesn't know!! For the first time since she moved from her apt. to a Retirement community, she feels like it is worth it to pay what she is paying. And she is paying less and getting more at the Waterford. We are both glad that she made this last move. She says she still wishes that she could be on her own, but says this is the next best thing. She has her dishwasher & washer/dryer back, like she had in her apt, & for the 1st time in a yr. she is HAPPY!! And that makes me happy, too!!
Thank you, A Place for MOM!!!

I went to see this one on W...

I went to see this one on Wed., 6/7. I have a lunch scheduled for this Thurs., 6/10 to take Mother to see it. Denny is going with us. I really liked it, and Zoe, the lady that showed me around. They are having a special right now too. I guess a lot of them are.

We absolutely love it. They are extremely kind and upbeat, nice.

We absolutely love it. They are extremely kind and upbeat, nice. It was completely remodeled, new carpet and paint. There is a washer and dryer in the bathroom. There is a Galley Kitchen. There is a little porch. She loves the nurse that comes everyday. Her food is outstanding, I would call it gourmet, she has gained weight since she has been there. They asked the residents what they wanted, and now they have fresh fruit, and homemade soup, everyday. They have nice desserts too, more than just cookies. They do a good job checking on her. They have physical therapy for the residents if they need it. They have stuff just going on all the time. The outside could use a little work. I like that it's not like a nursing home at all.

Very welcoming community!

What stood out to me the most here is how welcoming the community is. Both the staff and the residents were all incredibly friendly and made the transition so much easier for my loved one. The facility itself is lovely, it is clean and well kept, and all the services they provide are great. I'd give them 5s across the board!

HAPPY AT THE WATERFORD

My parents love being at The Waterford. They are always bragging about the great food and the staff at The Waterford. We checked out several other Independent Living facilities, and The Waterford had by far the biggest apartments and cheaper than the others. My parents are happy in their new apartment.

She moved in on 9 Nov and h...

She moved in on 9 Nov and has been so happy! The whole team at Waterford as been welcoming, warm, and accomodating.

Really liked this facility....

Really liked this facility. Staff were friendly and informative. Very clean. Two notes: 1. the apartments are a bit narrow for a wheelchair; 2.whether she can do independent living although we can schedule additional help. This is a top contender. Too bad their specials are ending today.

Wonderful activities!

It seems very clean, the only disappointing thing is the cleaning they do in their rooms. I'm very disappointed with what is supposed to be a light housecleaning but if you're in a place like this who's supposed to be doing the deeper cleaning? It may be an extra service they want you to pay for but they don't dust and there aren't a lot of places I've seen that do dusting, they don't move anything and they aren't going behind anything but I would say it's bare bare bones. I think for what they're paying I think it's a good value, it's at the lower end of the cost range and compared to the prices of other places, it's good. I think the activities are outstanding, they have tons of them and my parents aren't participating in many, they go to happy hour, a little bit of shopping but they have a lot more activities to offer. The transition was a little difficult for my dad, not so much for my mother they didn't want ot be around a bunch of old people (their words, not mine!!) but that was about 2 years ago and overall they really like it.

BARB--$2100-$2200 A month include all...

BARB--$2100-$2200 A month include all utilities but Cable/Phone/Internet extra. Service 1/2 charge for RN services. Housekeep- 1 time week light work. 2 meals a day. Laundry wash/dryer included

Very nice, but small in number of apa...

Very nice, but small in number of apartments. Services are a-la-cart, which can get expensive. Apartments are a good size. Sister facility to The Park at Olympia Fields

By Dayton Mall. Has a pool. Didn't ...

By Dayton Mall. Has a pool. Didn't like sales person, hallways narrow, rooms nice, more religious gatherings. Was an old apt building.

Brookdale Miami Township is a warm and friendly community, and the staff contributes to this feeling with the care and respect they give to our residents, their families and guests.”

Waterford, a Brookdale managed community, is located in south Dayton, near the Dayton Mall, a major retail area for shopping and restaurants. The community is within one mile of Interstates 75 and 675 as well as two hospitals, Sycamore and Southview. Situated on 10 acres, The Waterford’s campus features mature trees, walking paths, pond with gazebo and heated outdoor swimming pool.

Our apartment-style community offers all the conveniences of home without any of the work. Waterford features its own library with Internet access, great room for entertaining, beauty salon, program room for crafts and games, exercise room and puzzle & game room. Our luxurious apartment homes offer a variety of spacious floor plans with full-sized kitchens including dishwashers and microwaves, and most apartment styles have washer/dryer in the apartment along with patios or balconies. Our delicious dining services offer three complete meals daily with a variety of choices including fresh fruit, salads and fresh vegetables.

Waterford offers independent living with supportive services to "optimize" residents’ independence, including meals, housekeeping services, programs and activities and Personalized Living services (which can provide assistance to residents with medication management, bathing and dressing assistance, etc.).

Our award-winning Signature Programs offer a wide variety of top-notch services. With an exciting array of social, educational and cultural programs, residents are encouraged to renew their old interests and explore new ones. Residents enjoy B-Fit daily exercise programs, chair yoga, Needlecrafts Club, Cooking Club, Book Club and Card Groups, My Life Story and musical programs like “Sing Along” along with live music and entertainment weekly as well as many resident outings to the opera, movies, concerts, etc.

Call today to discuss what questions you may have about exceptional retirement living at Waterford. Allow us to help you arrange a visit, to experience for yourself the meaningful lifestyle our residents enjoy every day.