Brookdale Lake Orienta - Altamonte Springs, FL

Brookdale Lake Orienta - Altamonte Springs, FL has yet not published prices.

Check it out

Community has had a major uptick in renovations. Looks better than what it did and has become part of the surrounding community. They offer many different options for your loved one. The best thing to do is to do a visit and see if it works for you and your family. Every place is different but this is one of a kind.

Loved the place. Certain apartments have a den, which is great for an office. A lot of people in the main lobby area, lunch looked great and they were setting up live entertainment.

Great Tour!

I am not to pleased with my experience of this community that I had so far for my loved one. All I am going to say is they need a lot of improvments in there staffing and how they run things. I will say that the administrator lady was very kind and made sure to help the best as she could

Care close to home

I toured this community for care. I liked the staff who were helpful and showing me the community. We found it to be clean and the menu was appealing. They have a lot to offer families and we would recommend other families to this community for care of a loved one. This community was not close to the area we were wanting.

My visit

The person that took us on tour of the assisted living part of this community was nice. The community looked clean. This community was a little farther away and not as active as we were looking for.

Cons out weighing the pros

My mother moved here recently and so far we have had some issues.They say they are going to do something and don't follow through.My mother is almost blind and has hearing impairments. They are supposed put her hearing aides in at 8 am and sometimes when I call around 11 am they still haven't put them in. It took them three weeks to replace the grab bar in her shower. The director is [Removed] and doesn't resolve issues.It's a nice community and she has a spacious apartment.She likes the food. She's also made many friends while there.

Good so far!

So far, things are going well for my mother at the Brookdale Lake Orienta. The staff has been very accommodating and friendly, they take very good care of her. The place is clean and we are happy with the way things are going.

A decent place for those who can afford it.

Understaffed. Very slow service especially in dining ropm and waiting for CNA/medical assistance.

Exorbitant rent increases with no additional improvement in services.

More a nursing home feeling than assisted living. Many residents with severe dimentia.that should be in special Memory Care.

Food is mediocre at best.

Most staff members are terrific. Director appears to be more concerned about building cosmetics than resident satisfaction.

A great location. Many nearby medical and shopping facilities, restaurants, etc.

Great fit!

Mom really likes her new home here. The staff is wonderful and have been awesome with taking care of mom. She is getting involved with a few activities. Also she said that she really likes the food that they serve.

Overall nice facility!!

I am very pleased with how well kept this community is, the dinning room is always spotless as well as the rest of the building. All of the staff are always friendly and have treated my parents with great care and patience. I do think they need a lot of organization in the medication department and structure with there prescription drug care. The food is always cooked with little to no salt which is always a plus but the meals could have some flavor added to them. Overall the facility is very nice and there are lots of new updates throughout the complex.

Love this place, as my mother is a resident here!

Good care for a loved one

I am happy to see that my aunt is in good care. She likes the clean community with the staff who are taking great care of her. The food appears to be good and she is happy with the variety to choose from. They do offer her activities but she is not involved with at this time. I was not happy to see that a few extra charges have appeared. I would recommend the over all care her for a loved one.

One Of My Tours

I was looking for a community that was a right fit for my wife. The have activities and extra amenities but depending on the level of care, they may not be able to experience it. I also thought the price was the highest out of the other places I had toured. It was a very good tour otherwise.

Highly recommend

A very comfortable, clean and friendly community. My father-in-law has been living there for one month and consistently has only good things to say. He is enjoying the activities, the food is quite good and the staff is friendly. We have actually seen improvements in his overall health since moving in! My husband and I have peace of mind.

Thought I did my homework

This was my first experience with any adult care facility. Everyone was extremely nice and courteous but the care takers are definitely UNDERSTAFFED to take care of people with so many needs. My dad was there for a Respite time only. Dementia. Wanted this to workout due to needs in the future. Not sure......

Friendly and comfortable

It is a friendly, comfortable environment. My father-in-law was hesitant to move into an assisted living facility, but once he visited Horizon Bay he couldn't wait to live there. It has only been one week since his move in, but he is making friends and joining in the activities. He says the cooking is better than mine! My husband and I are glad he is happy and safe. That is most important to us.

Review of Horizon Bay Lake Orienta - Altamonte Springs, FL

Nice place not much area for walking the dogs only 2 rooms for activities

Review of Horizon Bay Lake Orienta - Altamonte Springs, FL

Neighborhood is questionable with the property backing up to a high school. The kids seemed out of control during dismissal. The apartments smelled musty and were in need of repairs. The outside of the units had cob webs and needed a power wash.

Mom is happy in her new home!

My mom has been at Horizon Bay Lake Orienta for about four months and she is very happy living there, likes the food and the staff. We feel she is in a safe place, with professional and friendly staff. If she misses a meal, the staff check on her. She can get medical services and physical therapy services on site and there is a wonderful beauty salon on site also. They keep the place clean and there are a lot of activities residents can participate in. My mother loves to go on the scenic drives! We would recommend it to our friends for their loved ones.

satisfied

Horizon Bay Lake Orienta is going well. They will be undergoing renovation soon but they keep it up pretty well. The value is good based on other places I've seen. They've always got something going on as far as activities. They changed general managers and there was a problem with billing but that has been corrected. Overall I am satisfied.

Seemed like a nice place!

Short experience, but a good one

My loved one was only here for a brief time before needing to move due to incompatible care needs, but overall I thought Horizon Bay did a good job. The people here were very nice, and the care staff were attentive and helpful.

Mom's new home

We loved Horizon Bay Lake Orienta the first time we saw it. Dealing with Katherine was a wonderful experience. My mom visited and saw the room that was available, which was perfect for her, a large studio overlooking the lake!

Everything can't be perfect, but she's adjusting well and hopefully everything will fall into place. Not knowing exactly how things work or who to talk to has been our biggest obstacle, so having someone check on her to see if everything is going well, would have been helpful (even though she is "independent") Moving to a new place and not knowing how things work should prompt some additional attention.

This is her new home and I believe the staff / caregivers should treat it that way. They are "guests" in her home and should try to keep that in mind. She is paying a lot of money to live there, and if she feels something isn't right or not to her liking, they should fix it.

But, she is very happy and is making friends and enjoying a lot of things that Horizon Bay Lake Orienta has to offer.

The staff was extremely nice and helpful to not only us but the residents. The patient to staff ratio is 1:4, which is excellent (in the memory care unit). The activities sections (they had 2) were large. The only negative was that the furniture in the activities section could have used updating.

This is strictly a condo with basic living units. I prefer a more active lifestyle and therefore say this has more limited appeal for me. I have several friends there and they are quite satisfied.

really liked this place. t...

really liked this place. the marketing person(not Tim) was very intrusive and a definite turn off. however she did agree to see me earlier than scheduled. However, when I came back with my mother and saw Tim she was impressed. just not ready to leave home. told my mom that when I am unable to take care of myself anymore that is where I would go.

Satisfied

Everything is fine. We’re very satisfied with Horizon Bay. The community is clean and well kept. The staff has always been friendly and helpful for us. It’s been a very good experience for us and our loved one.

5 star home

I can't give enough praise for Horizon Bay. From the first day we were comfortable leaving our parents. The entire staff had been kind, caring and patient. They were even more amazing as we moved mom to the memory care center. After she passed away they were compassionate and were very attentive to dad. He enjoys the activities and his daily walks and visits with other residents. Highly revommended. They truly and genuinely carere for and about their residents.

Excellent community. Very ...

Excellent community. Very friendly and helpful staff. Plenty of activities and special events to chose from. They truly are there to assist you in any way they can. Their Alzheimer's section is one of the best, residents are well cared for given individual attention with activities to suit their various stages of Alzheimer's within the unit. I would give them a 5+ rating.

“Always ready to lend a hand, our team is a caring and compassionate group of individuals committed to providing the best care and service to our residents.” Brookdale Lake Orienta is conveniently located behind Southlake Nursing and Rehabilitation Center on Old St. Augustine Road, just down from Hartley/Hood Road. Our beautiful park-like community sits on 14 acres of lushly landscaped grounds, complete with walking paths winding across campus. Our two lakes attract many different birds and add to the comfortable and peaceful surroundings our residents are proud to call home.

Brookdale Lake Orienta features a game room, arts and crafts room, beauty/barber shop, chapel, media room and library. Our spacious apartment homes offer a variety of floor plans with kitchenettes, screened-in lanais, walk-in closets and walk-in showers. Featuring convenient restaurant-style dining, our dining services offer exciting regional cuisine and delicious chef-prepared meals daily. And you won’t have to worry about home maintenance or chores. Our staff takes care of all that for you, leaving you time to pursue your interests.

Our award-winning Signature Programs offer a wide variety of top-notch services. With an exciting array of social, educational and cultural programs, residents are encouraged to renew their old interests and explore new ones. Popular activities include “Mind Aerobics,” ceramics, trivia, bingo, Travel Log, church services and “Happy Hour.” Our Individualized Care Services offer a helping hand to residents who need assistance with activities of daily living or memory care. Memory Care has new life stations and a dedicated and specially trained staff. Our custom programs provide compassionate care and meaningful interaction. Our staff is committed to helping those with memory loss maintain their independence and dignity for as long as possible.

Call today to arrange a visit, and experience for yourself the meaningful lifest