Brookdale Harrisonburg - Harrisonburg, VA

Brookdale Harrisonburg - Harrisonburg, VA has yet not published prices.

street map for Brookdale Harrisonburg - Harrisonburg, VA

Nice facility, friendly staff, memory unit residents were listening to music when I arrived. Rooms were nice size - even the Jack and Jill units were nice. Pets allowed as long as resident can take care of them. Not sure who decides this.

Very nice staff, lots of facility upgrades in different stages of completion. Many nice scheduled activities.

Odor of urine.

The bad odor of urine throughout the facility is a huge concern.

Nice Tour Of This Community

We toured this community for my friend, and his needs. The tour went well, and everyone was kind. The staff, and my tour guide was helpful, and my questions were answered. We did find a better match for him, and his needs. However our tour went well overall.

Amazing

The staff are friendly, attentive and encouraging. They offer daily activities. The food looks appetizing and they make sure mom is eating. The community is clean and the grounds are nice. I would recommend this community.

Mom's Good Care

We like the care at this community. The staff is caring and attentive. The menu is good and she likes the variety. We like knowing that the community is clean and maintained. They offer her to participate in the activities with the other residents.We would recommend this community to other families.

Not a big enough bed!

I really liked this community. The staff was very helpful and took us around the whole community. We got to see some of the residents out and doing some of the activities. The only reason why we thought that this community would not work is because the room they had only offered twin beds.

Getting along fine!

We have been very pleased with this community. They are very good and my step dad is enjoying it. They do offer plenty of activities. The community is always clean ans neat and we liked that they were a big community. He also enjoys the food.

Nice Community, Our Tour Was Nice

We really enjoyed our experience during our tour here at this community. This is a really good community, they treated us very good on our tour. The community looks nice. From what we saw it appeared to be well maintained. The staff was friendly and nice. This is a nice community, our tour went very well.

TLC

My mom is doing well here and seems to be happy. the food has recently gotten better over the time we have been here. The staff here is wonderful and caring. Alot of the activities seem to be great to help the residents stay active. We would recommend this community for a good value and good care for loved ones.

Good place

Staff was so kind.

She could have used more daily cues and help with housekeeping (memory care).

The right fit for our father

Our family selected Brookdale for our father's care because it looked well-maintained, with a caring staff, and they allowed residents to smoke in a designated "shack" outside the building. Our father was reluctant to leave my brother's home, where he had been living prior to a surgery after which my brother and his wife could no longer manage his need for full time care. We have been highly encouraged in that Papa has accepted his new situation, and even speaks animatedly to his children on the phone about the restaurant style meals and the kind care he receives. The staff has been wonderful and helpful. We are very satisfied with our choice.

A lovely building, Great Activity person but she can't do it all.

Pro- Vicky who is the activity director is amazing. She is a constant in a facility that has changed hands frequently. The clients adore her and she is the heart of the facility.
Cons - Food is an issue. Should anyone need special diets they don't seem to educate the staff as to how to prepare the food. My family member has to buy much of her own and rely on others to bring it in. She has often become ill from food she is not supposed to have due to being served meals that contain items she should not have or is allergic to. I have even photographed some of the delivered meals and talked several times with the different staff but staffing changes so it's hard to get consistency.
There is a dreadful turn over in staff. They have very few staff members who stay for long. There have been many excellent persons who are there for a time then leave for various reason. Others that have been hired have lost their jobs.
I have personally seen outdated food in the resident's refrigerator, no snacks available for the residents, filth in the laundry room, broken machines for a fairly long time, and have from time to time had to hire help to clean my family member's room due to lack of staff. The persons caring for the residents are almost always kind but with the turn over it is hard emotionally on the residents. The accounting personal have also changed and there have been some glitches but they seem nice.

They seem to do a very good job.

They seem to do a very good job. The community is clean, and the staff is friendly. Sometimes the food isn't up to her standard. I think it could be done better. When she has made suggestions, they have taken them and improved the food. She is very happy there, she says she feels safe there.

Our family has been very pleased with...

Our family has been very pleased with Emeritus of Harrisonburg. As with any changes for a parent I would advise you to be prepared for your loved one's confusion and wanting to go home.
The staff at Emeritus was very helpful in these situations. The staff are very kind and patient with our mother and are understanding of every kind of personality.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.