Brookdale Fayetteville - Fayetteville, NY

Brookdale Fayetteville - Fayetteville, NY has yet not published prices.

My father's Care

I liked this community. They were very nice and caring. They have tried everything to help us. He was allowed to have his pet with him while he was here. The staff made him very comfortable. We loved everything about this community. Very clean and a lot of interaction for him. We would highly recommend this community

Not enough aides

I have visited with a friend on several occasions. I was sad to see that there are very few aides at any time for the amount of residents. The residents seem to wander around on their own. When we visit, they always want us to engage with them, saying things like "what do we do now" or "where do we go" or "help me, I'm hungry". An example: One time a man, unclothed from the waist down, was jiggling a door handle to the outside courtyard. We spent some time trying to find an aide to assist him, it took about 15 minutes until someone came by. There is no way to call an aide (no nurse's desk, or call buttons in the hallways, etc.)- you just have to wait for someone to come by. The cleanliness is less than desirable. I would not recommend it.

Wonderful Community!!

My mother has had a pleasant experience so far at this community and seems to be very happy with how things are going so far. The thing I am most thankful for is how wonderful all of the staff are. They treat her just like family and really have made her feel welcome into her new home. My mom has had no complaints about the food and has enjoyed participating in many of the different activities they have available throughout the week. Overall I am thankful we chose this place and would defiantly recommend it.

Deena was very helpful in flushing out want I was looking for in a community. This community appears to meet my Mom's needs. The facility is set up for memory care issues. It is very home like and the staff appear to be well trained to work with this population. It felt comfortable which was very important to me .I could see my Mother living here.

Good overall care

My mom hasn't been there a full month yet, so it's kind of early to evaluate. My siblings and I like the cleanliness, activities, and general care so far. The security seems good. We don't like people wandering in and out of our mom's room, but I guess that's to be expected in a dementia care environment. Mom absolutely HATES the food, so we need to keep her supplied with snacks and take her out for meals as much as we can, otherwise she would be losing too much weight. Wish they would get a decent cook.

Medication Mishap

Our mom was in respite care in this facility for 27 days. Before her arrival at the facility, records were completed and prescriptions were made available to the staff. Even so, a medication that our mom was prescribed to prevent a UTI was not given to her during her stay. About 15 days into the stay, our mom became less responsive and mobile and was reportedly incontinent--a remarked change in her behavior and baseline. Although we visited nearly everyday there was little to no communication between the staff and our family. Short of her 30 paid days in respite we pulled her from the facility and took her to the emergency room to find that she indeed had a UTI.

the mattreses suck

The mattress sucks! They were squashy and wrapped in rubber. My mother was there a day and a half and slipped and fell broke her foot.

The won't take her back because now she is cognitive because of her fall. Now I'm having to place her in a nursing home. The people are really nice and most definitely the management is. The attendants seemed like decent people.

Deena was very helpful. We talked about levels of care, then I took the tour. She took a quick look at our LTC policy. Facility was VERY nice, and the care seemed very professional. Staff appeared really caring and good with dementia patients.

A Wonderful Place

I cannot say enough good things about this place. The staff is friendly and wonderful....this includes the administration as well as the caregivers. They seem to love their jobs. While the staff is very professional, the feeling there is relaxed, calm, and more like one big family....not like an institution. I am touched by the sincerity, concern and loving care that the staff shows towards the residents. I see it every time I am there visiting my mother in law. Families are made to feel very welcome and are included in really nice special dinner/events throughout the year. The interior is pleasing, clean, and homey. It is set up in a way to allow residents to move about freely yet still maintains safety and security. I highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for a place for their loved one with dementia.

Loved it. Close to our home...

Loved it. Close to our home,home like and inviting.

Has a design for people with dementia.

It's working out great! We chose this because it had a design for people with dementia, the layout was specifically built for people with memory loss. They have two, twenty-six room pods with a square courtyard in the center. Each side is separate so they are a little more hands on than most I've seen. They seem to have a schedule for upkeep, since she's been there, they put in all new carpet and furniture, just to keep the place looking fresh. It didn't even seem to need it, nothing was really dirty or worn, so they have very nice maintenance, they keep it looking fresh. Whoever decorates does it with the patients needs for color and design. They did not have any financial help available.

Have visited and consider this a very...

Have visited and consider this a very viable option when the time is appropriate.

Brookdale Fayetteville provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.