Brookdale Ellington Field - Houston, TX

Brookdale Ellington Field - Houston, TX has yet not published prices.

Nice staff but they let my mom isolate herself.

My Mother was here for 8 years and due to the flooding, this facility has been shut down. While it was here, there had been a few different owners but Brookdale was the best. The staff was very friendly but they didn’t have that warm homey feel to it. I didn’t really like that the staff let my mom go to her room and isolate herself. The food here was good and they had a lot of options to pick from. Usually, at every dinner, they had 3 different types of meat.

A tour

This looked like a nice community when we visited. This is a two story building. They do not have individual apartments as the rooms are one big room with a bed and bathroom. The person that took us on tour was nice.

Beautiful Place

This community is very nice, bright open, clean and all their residents here seem to get along so well as a community. The staff did an excellent job with our tour and they took their time showing us around. There seems to be a lot for the residents to do and to stay busy with. I would definitely recommend a tour here.

This was our third pick to show mom.
It was bright and clean. the staff was friendly and helpful.
they even had a walk-in bath [removed]
everyone was clean, and looked happy.

A tour for care

We toured this community and liked the staff and we were nice and the community was clean. We liked the list of the meals on the menu that were appealing with a healthy choice. They had a good amount of activities for the residents who want to participate. We liked the atmosphere of the community and feel that we would have liked the care. This community comes highly recommended for families to tour for the care of a loved one.

Mother in Law Receiving the Care She Needs Here

My mother in law is taking some time to adjust with her move to this community. However we are satisfied with her move to this facility. They are providing her with great care to treat her memory problems. There are plenty of activities available when she is ready to participate. Once she realized she can order her meals, she is pleased with the food. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the community, and everything is neat, and tidy when we come to visit. It is a community I would recommend to my family, and friends.

Great tour!!

I had a great tour of this community, all of the staff where friendly and very helpful to my loved one on explaining everything they had to offer in detail. They had a nice floor plan with lots of great amenities available to all of the residents. It was just more of a location thing that we ended up not choosing this facility.

Clean Facility!!

I thought this community was a great experience and had a lot of great amenities to offer all of the residents. I noticed on my tour how well maintained there facility was and how clean they kept everything. They had a great menu and activity program available throughout the week which i was impressed with. Overall I have no complaints about my tour.

Good Experience

We moved my 95 year old mother-in-law into Brookdale Ellington Field last week and were overall very happy with how things went. The staff have all been great to work with and their policies and procedure seem very customer focused. There was one hiccup getting the room ready when promised they recovered nicely and we got it done.

I would recommend Brookdale Ellington field to others.

good place

good food beautiful building and grounds good location, very clean. wish they had more younger active people, but mom is 98 going on 75, so she has few in her condition to run around with, and i mean run. she says she will come back next winter. she is a snow bird.

Tour for family

We toured this community for mom. The staff seemed to be able to answer the questions we had for care. The community was nice and clean. The menu seemed appealing, but not what my mom wanted. Families should tour before that make a decision on care for a loved one.

Improvements Needed

My father is doing okay here at this community . I do have some concerns about the care he is receiving . I can't say this is the best community for him , and his needs . The staff have told me that if he refuses the help they offer him , they are not going (1)force him to do something . I understand that , but I wish there was more encouragement (2)from the staff . The staff tires hard to meet the needs of the residents , but they are (3)spread pretty thin . There are improvement that needs to be made at this community .

5 stars all the way!!

The caregivers from Caregivers.com have been great. We have had a few different ones come to our home to help my wife out and we have been very pleased with all of them. They always do what I ask them to do and they are very kind to us. We have no complaints!

Not impressed with how they handled things!!

I am not impressed and actually very upset with how things went at this community. My mom wanted to try out this property before she had made the final decision to move in for a seven day test trial it was going to cost us over eight hundred dollars. Well after the first night there she had decided it was not for her and she would not be moving in at all. The staff would not refund her any of the money when she spent only twenty four hours in there. I think that is absolutely sneaky and not right. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

Helpful But Needs To Be More Open

We have had a couple of issues and it appears to be getting worked on. I did not appreciate an increasing bill, it seemed to be higher after the following month. I also was told they had no problems taking care of diet needs. All is getting straightened out. It has been helpful to have them provide the care. It is a positive experience and I see the staff showing compassion and see they are trying to make progress.

Attentive Tour Guide!

This community had a beautician on site and offered various activities. The staff were courteous with me. I got to see the available bedrooms that they had and dining room. The rooms were very spacious and the dining area was nice. I didn't get to try a meal but they sounded good.

Not close enough!

I got the chance to tour this community and thought that it was great. The staff was very informative and helpful. It looked like all was good in the community. I would recommend this community. We just did not go with them because it was a little to far.

The staff are so friendly and helpful. I have very impressed with everything about brookdale ellington. This has been a very easy and wonderful experience. I could not have picked a better place for mom. I have told all of my friends about this location

Brookdale has been awesome! He loves it.

Brookdale has been awesome! He loves it. He enjoys his lunch group. No complaints about maintenance or anything. The person I initially contacted Robin she was and continues to be their biggest asset. We liked the wide hallways, and it's very homey. I think they do a very good job of accommodating their residents, as far as having a very accessible building.

Nice place. Carla Gutierrez really cares about her patients. When going over cost the $1,000 off for 5 months was never offered until I questioned them. The place is doing renovations and & I did like it because it was close to our home, but it was too much for my mothers budget.

I don't think this was the best fit for my loved one.

This was a nice place, and a top choice when we first toured. I don't think this was the best fit for my loved one. I was not entirely happy, and we ended up moving. Once moved my loved one was much happier.

They have been doing okay.

They have been doing okay. She seems to be doing pretty good there. They could have a little more entertainment than whats provided. There have been some minor cleaning issues. The nurses are really sweet to my mom. I haven't heard too many complaints about the food, though we did tell them some things she liked and she mentioned to us the other day she hadn't had those things in a while. There is some room for improvement but they aren't terrible.

Everything was great while my loved one was here.

Everything was great while my loved one was here. They took good care. I didn't have any major complaints. I would rate them very highly. It was clean and the staff was friendly. I would recommend them to others.

I didn't like how they treated my mother in this place. The staff in the evening is very lazy and the management needs improvement starting with the head. Never trusting this place again.

It's a big possibility

Compared to my father's current community, this would be a ten, it's a big improvement. It was very clean, the carpet has a fair amount of wear and tear, but will be replaced in the near future. They were extremely friendly. They offered great services based on the initial tour for cost breakdown. We visited during lunch and found the staff to be very attentive. They offer many activities for both physical and mental stimulation. It's a big possibility that we will be moving our loved one here based on our initial visit.

I am pretty happy with them.

I am pretty happy with them. The staff is very friendly. It's very clean, and I haven't had any complaints about the food. The rooms are a pretty nice size. I haven't had anything I don't like. We chose them based on location, cleanliness, price, and the socializing ability of the fellow residents. We liked the closed in outdoor garden as well.

Not impressed at all

We toured this facility recently (it was known as Emeritus at Clear Lake at that point) and it was absolutely awful. The memory care area was downright frightening. It was dirty, not very full, and many of the doors to the empty rooms were just standing open, and you could see that blinds were all twisted and torn up. When we visited most of the residents were just parked in front of the TV, and they all looked disheveled and in need of bathing. I would not recommend this place to anyone, based on what I saw.

Horrible

First off Brookdale only pays their aides $9 an hour. Understaffed and overworked. Only 2 aides per shift and required to lift patients. The place is turning into a nursing home instead of assistant living. They do not lock the front door at night and anyone can walk in. No one follows protocol. Half of the staff is all new and no one stays. Dining area and kitchen has gnats everywhere. Employee are not team players. The directors and front office staff wears jeans and looks unprofessional. This place only care about residents money. I wouldn't recommend this place.

food concerns

I’ve seen the food – my loved one is in memory care and I think the food is sometimes hard for other residents – to cut up. Roasted chicken and beef – these things can be a little tough because they don’t have knives. It would be good if the staff could foresee that food might be difficult.

Would not recommend

I would not recommend this place to anyone, we had a terrible experience here. My loved one ended up getting very sick here and we decided not to bring her back. There were numerous issues here that indicated to me that it was not somewhere she would be cared for properly. More than once when I came to visit she had not been cleaned up after having an accident. There was also an issue with gnats in the dining room.

Sam Pollock

We are troubled by your comments and would like to hear more about the specific reasons you feel your loved one was unsafe. We have no records of any incidents other than a report of gnats that has since been resolved. Please contact our community management team to address your concerns, or you may also contact our Ethics First program at www.emeritus.com/ethics.

A good community

If they don’t go up in price – it’s very reasonably priced. They have a good staff. It’s very clean, and priced right. The food is very good. I think everyone’s been real pleasant to deal with and helpful. There’s nothing to argue about. There is plenty of parking.

Attentive nursing staff

It was clean. They’re very nice. My loved one was only there for a short time. The nursing staff was very attentive and plugged in though. It was a very homey environment with a lot of activities on their calendar.

Very nice community

I've been very pleased with how things have been going at Emeritus! My loved one has had trouble settling in and adjusting to the new community, but they have been very accommodating and are trying their best. It's a nice, clean community, and the staff have all been very friendly. They're great when it comes to communication, always easy to get ahold of and quick to fix any issues that I bring up. They could do a bit better when it comes to their dining service. The food is fine, but they're not very flexible when it comes to what they offer.

We toured here and it was nice, but this was going to be cost prohibitive for us. There wasn't a lot included in the price, there were a lot of add on's or extra fees for all the little extra things we were going to need. We found another place that was more inclusive.

This was a really nice faci...

This was a really nice facility. Just what we're looking for. The residents were friendly and engaged. The place was clean and well organized. The staff interacted well wtih the residents.

Nice, but probably too big ...

Nice, but probably too big and not enough personal attention.

Huge Stair Case Takes Up The Whole Lobby

I would never put anybody there. It was very dreary and gloomy. The outside of the building is nice but when I walked in there was this big Gone With The Wind stair case. It was giant, really wide, and very ornate but the whole lobby is a giant mass of staircase. All the people in wheelchairs and walkers had to squeeze by to get to their activities. The whole focus of the lobby was this staircase that the resident's can even use because they're all using wheelchairs or walkers.

The activity room was this little bitty dark and dreary room with no windows. It was not very bright and cheerful so I didn't even bother.

Not very bright

We didn't like it at all. I went there with my step son and there was just kind of a feel about it when we walked in. It's a little bit darker, a little bit older and where they had the memory care patients it was darker back there. They did have a lot of activities and they were real nice, the set up was nice. It jsut didn't feel right for her at this point because she loves the outdoors and we were looking for something that was brighter so she could see outside. We are going to have to consider the Emeritus facility though because she is going to be running out of money and I know they work with the Star plus program.

High Care, Expensive

That's nice but it's just a lot more expensive. But they also have higher levels of care. All those places are so expensive. It was nice and clean. We all need to start saving our pennies for when we need one of these places.

Might as well have her in a hotel or living with us

They don't do anything they say theyre going to do. They have her down as a level 2 and I've seen no care, they don't even bathe her. Unless you call giving her her medications and feeding her as level 2 they aren't doing their job. There was no real big communication, the nursing care here as far as home health and hospice is so different, its ridiculous. No one can give her insulin and there was actually nobody that even tried to help. They said "well your mother told us shes self care" but all you have to do is look at my mother and realize shes not self care and there has been no assessment. They also say that they come and knock on everybodys door to make sure they go out and eat but I can tell you for a fact thats not true. The only time I know of that they've physically checked on her is when i called them and told them to

Very nice but would have li...

Very nice but would have liked the patients to have access to a restricted area outside. Didn't observe ongoing activities for Alzheimer area. Did get the feel the staff cares about their patients. Wish there had been an 'in between' setup for severe Alzheimer's and assisted living. Staff was very nice and informative.

Maximum $3,430/month in dementia unit...

Maximum $3,430/month in dementia unit. Good price.

Very clean and friendly

Very clean and friendly

Wonderful facility and very accommoda...

Wonderful facility and very accommodating.

nice, but semi old; big open stairway...

nice, but semi old; big open stairway at 2nd floor

Overall impression was positive. 24 b...

Overall impression was positive. 24 beds in mental health unit. Open door policy. Not brand new but in good condition. Staff seemed friendly and residents looked clean and well cared for. Has sister community in NOLA so could send someone to mom's house for the evaluation. Mom could spend a week-end there to try it out. Bed is provided - all other furniture is our doing. Staff are CNA and / or trained by Rosemont. Continuting education year round for treatment of Alzheimers patients. RN on staff. Two services where the doctor's make house calls or Rosemont will bring mom to her appt. Many planned activities daily to stimulate the mind.

Brookdale at Clearlake is designed for senior adults who wish to maintain their independent lifestyle, but may need some additional assistance to do so. Our Memory Care neighborhood is a home-like environment, designed for those diagnosed with dementia. We supply a structured routine uniquely tailored to each resident's needs while providing dignity.