Elmcroft of Braeswood - Houston, TX

Elmcroft of Braeswood is located in Southwest Houston. We offer a combination of daily living, customized service plans, and Our Vitality Club life enhancement program.
Our customized service plans ensures that we are prepared to meet the needs of each resident and focuses on keeping our residents as independent as long as possible. Each assessment takes into account the physical, social and cognitive needs of each individual and allows the community team to develop a customized service plan for each resident.
Our Vitality Club life enhancement program helps residents to meet their basic needs in several key areas. A unique wellness profile and individualized program of daily activities is created for each resident. Our staff encourages and supports healthy living, while honoring and respecting every individual.
Every day our residents enjoy a unique dining experience where original culinary creations, along with traditional dishes, provide a variety of meal options, and the social setting makes dining an event. Good friends, good food and excellent service create a truly enjoyable experience.
Elmcroft of Braeswood is a ergonomically designed community which houses a variety of apartment floor plans to accommodate the personal needs and habits of both our frail and our more active residents.
Our residents call Elmcroft of Braeswood their home. We love to nurture them through our holistic approach of caring for all resident needs - physical, emotional, social, and intellectual. Our residents enjoy Elmcroft for the clean, spacious apartments, affordability, social activities, and the safe secure residential environment. Come see why so many seniors call Elmcroft their home.

A good value

They offer plenty of activities at this community. The staff are friendly and answer our questions, however I do think the communication could be better. The food is ok. The community is well maintained and they are making improvements. I would recommend this community.

I have been very happy with them.

I have been very happy with them. I would give them a five out of five. I don't have any major complaints at this time.

Review of Elmcroft of Braeswood - Houston, TX

I toured your community. The marketer was not a nice person, but everyone else seems nice. Your ED is very nice, Sheri [removed]. Had a great talk with her and a better understanding of prices.

Review of Elmcroft of Braeswood - Houston, TX

We had an awesome time here. The outings are so much fun. Activity Director is the best ever here.

Doris is so great, we love her. She listens to all of our problems and takes good care of us.

Review of Elmcroft of Braeswood - Houston, TX

My father loves this place. It's small but a great place to live and everyone knows my name. My new roommate is so nice. Great!

Review of Elmcroft of Braeswood - Houston, TX

Came to tour and fell in love with the place and the activities. Gave my money for the deposit, Next month I move in and I can't wait.

Review of Elmcroft of Braeswood - Houston, TX

I am very pleased to have my dad happy about living. He seems at peace here and happy and has made a lot of friends.

Review of Elmcroft of Braeswood - Houston, TX

My mother felt a good vibe when we toured. Steven was our Marketing tour guide. He answered all our questions and helped us with all our needs. Thank you, Steven!

Review of Elmcroft of Braeswood - Houston, TX

I toured the community. Very clean and the staff is so nice what a nice atmosphere. The tour was okay, but everyone was so nice when I went around the building.

Review of Elmcroft of Braeswood - Houston, TX

I love everything; activities, food is great, staff is awesome, caregivers do their job.

Review of Elmcroft of Braeswood - Houston, TX

I have lived here a long time and everyone is so nice and helpful. We love Nat and his wife always helping us.

Review of Elmcroft of Braeswood - Houston, TX

My time living here has been so nice. The room is always clean, housekeeping is great. All the people here are nice and helpful. Make like worth living and love the new staff, awesome change.

Review of Elmcroft of Braeswood - Houston, TX

Place has a nice feel, plenty of rooms to choose from and great model rooms. Director Sheri was very nice and took us on a tour. We met everyone and they were so sweet. Wow. I will come back when my mom is out of the hospital.

Review of Elmcroft of Braeswood - Houston, TX

My dad lived here until the good lord took him. He told us his family that he was so happy at Elmcroft. Plus he loved to play cards with the maintenance man, Nate. He always made time to play cards with him even though he had a busy work day. Thanks, Nate!

Review of Elmcroft of Braeswood - Houston, TX

I came to live here last year, transferred to another facility, didn't like it and am glad to be back home at Elmcroft Braeswood and to see old friends.

Review of Elmcroft of Braeswood - Houston, TX

I got to stay and was invited to their port a call. Great spread of food and wine. Wow. Love their food. Wow awesome.

Review of Elmcroft of Braeswood - Houston, TX

We have great residents who love to be social, and love bingo, blackjack, price is right, love to play games and they have great outing to Kemph and Galveston.

Review of Elmcroft of Braeswood - Houston, TX

I have lived here for years and the new staff has really been on their toes. Chef Michael is awesome and Bianca the Activity Director is great.

Review of Elmcroft of Braeswood - Houston, TX

Our chef is awesome where I live. He always checks on me and if I want to eat something different right away he brings me what I want. Thanks Chef Michael.

Review of Elmcroft of Braeswood - Houston, TX

My mom was here for a short while until her passing. I trule love everyone and they truly listen to all my mom's needs. And family too. Thanks Elmcroft of Braeswood.

Review of Elmcroft of Braeswood - Houston, TX

I love our Activity Director, Bianca. She is always loving on us and helps us and is there when we need her. We love her Bingo games and Blackjack games.

Review of Elmcroft of Braeswood - Houston, TX

I truly love this community. They have a great Activity Director. We have so much fun here. Great place to live and do arts & crafts.

Review of Elmcroft of Braeswood - Houston, TX

I love the staff. When I was sick everyone remembered me. That made me feel great. Barbara the nurse came to visit me and that made me feel great. Thank You.

Review of Elmcroft of Braeswood - Houston, TX

My father lived here for a long time due to his passing. We all loved this community and came to love and know everyone. Thanks for all and their hard work.

Review of Elmcroft of Braeswood - Houston, TX

much smaller only about 60 residents staff very nice haven t had a meal there good location for [Removed] families

Wonderful Activities

My mother's move into Elmcroft has been good. So far we are very happy. The community looks nice and is well maintained with good housekeeping. Staff is great and helpful with anything you ask of them, and very kind. They offer really good activities here like field trips, Zoomba, and arts and craft projects. It is really nice to see her participating. She really enjoys the food, and seems to be really adjusting well. I would recommend this community to family and friends.

Friendly, outgoing staff

I thought they did a very good job overall at Elmcroft of Braeswood. The staff here is outgoing and courteous, and they keep the whole place looking very clean and well kept. They also do a very good job with the food, which is always a nice surprise. I would recommend them.

Very nice community!

I think they do a good job overall at Elmcroft of Braeswood. I am located out of state, which can make things difficult, but in general they do a good job keeping me up to date on how my loved one is doing. I really love that they'll send me pictures of what Mom is doing, so I know she is getting out and enjoying the activities. I have had a little trouble determining exactly who my contact person should be when I call to check on Mom, however. The facility itself feels bright and airy, and is on the smaller side, and is all on one level which I like. I would highly recommend this place, they do a great job!

Above and beyond efforts.

We were planning to move my mother into this facility until circumstances forced us to have to go with a higher level of care. I have to say that the staff of Elmcroft was fantastic, and went out of their way to help us quickly scramble to adapt to the change. They were very helpful and proactive and worked to help us even after it became clear my mother wouldn't be joining them. Their above and beyond efforts make me completely comfortable with putting a loved one in their hands. If you're looking for a place in the area, definitely give them a chance, I believe they genuinely care.

Sounds like a great place!

From what we've heard from our loved one things are going great at Elmcroft of Braeswood! Other than a few snags in the beginning, which were quickly resolved, everything here has been fantastic! The community has all sorts of activities going on, and it sounds like she has been participating in all of them and keeping very busy!

Jill was nice but I didn't ...

Jill was nice but I didn't care for this property but the reception area and hallway leading back to the resident apartments smelled of urine. Also, the bathroom in the model unit had a TERRIBLE sewer smell. The price is not in line with the aesthetics. The best feature of the property is how close it is to TMC.

Good overall

Elmcroft has been good for my mother so far. It is a one story community with an open layout. They have everything any of the residents could need when it comes to facilities and resources. The only issue that we've come across so far is that my mother always needs her medications on time, and this has not always been the case. Otherwise, it is a good community.

Very very nice, our second choice

Honestly I would have picked this one, but I had already signed papers for another by the time I happened to see this one and do a walk-in tour. It's a very nice place!
Everything looked great, the rooms were lovely, and the residents I saw in the dining hall looked happy. The staff are also very friendly. The marketing person I spoke with, Dominic, was more than happy to talk with me even though I was already committed to another location, and has stayed in touch.

Attentive

The cleanliness is where I've had a little problem but I can't say it's Elmcroft's fault. My father isn't happy there so he doesn't want anyone coming in the room to clean it. The actual community is very clean - it's just my father's room that's not as clean as I would like.

It's expensive but apparently that's the going rate. They seem to be attentive to my father's needs. He's just not being cooperative right now. One of the reasons that we chose Elmcroft was that it was a little bit smaller, not as many residents.

Already recommended

It was recommended by A Place for Mom and when I went to visit the community I really liked it. It just seemed like it was the right fit for my loved one. I felt like they would take really good care of my loved one. They are very friendly and the community is very nice. I am very pleased with them and the job they have been doing so far. I would recommend them to anyone in fact I already have recommended them to people.

Of what I have seen up to this point,...

Of what I have seen up to this point, my preference. It is a smaller facility, one level, with beautiful garden area. More importantly, I think the overall environment is more conducive to my father's personality.