The Village of the Heights - Houston, TX

Do not recommend for Memory Care

I would not recommend their Memory Care unit. Generally, a few staff members are good, the rest apathetic and sometimes asleep in the tv room while residents sit there in their chairs. The food sub par. The VPN is not professional.

A close family member passed away there as a result of an illness that had gone undiagnosed until it was too late. Had the staff been more attentive to the noticeable decline, there might have been a chance for recovery.

My family member deserved better.

I really liked The Village of the Heights. It's a new property but with two years under their belt they are keeping it pristine and kept up.

The residents looked happy and well looked after. It's tucked into a neighborhood which is good for evening strolls. If further down the road the resident needs memory care they offer that on site as well.

I liked all the activities and different rooms for them to attend functions along with a full hair and nail salon and consigner. They also offer weekly faith based services which was an added plus.

Nice Experience!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community and I have no complaints of how things had went. The property was clean and they had a lot of nice features throughout the building. The dinning room was spacious and they seemed to have a great menu selection for all of the residents. It was just not the right location for my dad in the end decision.

I liked it

This seemed like an amazing community when I visited. The people I met here were friendly. They seem to offer some nice activities. The community we chose was closer to family and friends.

A new community.

This looked like a nice clean community when I visited. The people I met were nice and they seemed to offer some daily activities. I did not receive any follow up once I left the community.

Anthony Ormsbee

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your visit at The Village of The Heights. I apologize that you did not receive contact after your tour with us. It would be my pleasure to have you join us for lunch and to hear more about your experience. Please contact us at the community and ask to speak with me. I look forward to talking with you soon!

Very good visit and will pursue a placement if the right room becomes available

Care f or my mom

I am very happy with the care that my mom is getting here. We like the care from the aids that are helpful with my mom's care. I do feel that the staff could use some small improvements. My mom is very pleased with the variety. She likes the activities bingo, singing. I feel good knowing that she involved with others. I would recommend this community for the good care and value that is received here.

Anthony Ormsbee

Thank you very much for the feedback! I would welcome any suggestions regarding improvements you think could be made. Feel free to stop by my office anytime or pick up my business card at the front desk and give me a call.

Top choice!!

Our tour of The Village of the Heights went very well, it's definitely our top choice for when my mother is ready. She loves the neighborhood it is in, and she has friends who currently live in this community and really like it.

Anthony Ormsbee

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! Most of our residents will tell you that they wish they wouldn't have waited so long to move in.

Couldn't be happier!!!

I recently moved my mother in, in the midst of a very stressful life-changing event. From the moment she moved in I have been so pleased with the level of care they provide. They truly embrace not only the residents but their families. The level of professionalism they exude alongside their loving, compassionate personalities has certainly exceeded my expectations.

When you talk with the residents there, they all are very happy. That to me is a true indicator if a place is good or not. The smiles on everyone's faces and feedback I have gotten is all positive. My mom raves about how nice everyone is to her which certainly gives me great comfort when I am not there.

The location is perfectly located in the Heights which is not a far from the med center.

Anthony Ormsbee

Thanks, Ali! We appreciate the time you took to complete a review and for trusting us to care for your mother!

I would recommend this community!!!

Mom enjoys participating in the exercise class and occasionally goes to bible study. The staff are excellent. The only issue I have with this community is that the food does not taste good it is served late, there is not a good variety and you cannot cut or eat the meat.

Anthony Ormsbee

Thanks so much for the invaluable feedback! If you haven't already, please come by and chat with our Executive Chef about your dining experience. We would love to hear your thoughts and see how we can improve our dining services.

The Village of the Heights gets my recommendation!!

The staff and I have a general respect for each other. I like that my friend is getting out and going places. They have a monthly calendar of daily events. They keep the community clean.

Anthony Ormsbee

Thanks so much for your feedback. We value the input of residents, their families, and guests and use that feedback to improve the care and service that we offer.

Review of The Village Of The Heights-Houston, Tx

Nice rooms especially the corner unit but seems like there is not anything else for her husband to do. Therapy room just chairs

Will be beautiful facility once completed. Really liked the common living areas on each floor. Décor was lovely.

The Village of The Heights offers high-quality senior living for residents needing assisted living and memory care services. This community is located in northwest central Houston, Texas approximately three miles from downtown center.

Houston-based Bridgewood Properties, a premier developer of high-quality, culturally enriched senior living communities, owns The Village of the Heights. Retirement Center Management, a Houston-based firm that has developed and managed more than 3500 senior living units, manages The Village of The Heights. The firm’s hallmark is quality of life, with a commitment to providing the best living experience possible for assisted living and memory care residents.