Brookdale Cedar City - Cedar City, UT

Brookdale Cedar City - Cedar City, UT has yet not published prices.

street map for Brookdale Cedar City - Cedar City, UT

Marginal Facility

Extremely expensive for a small town and care is not at all commensurate with monthly cost. Worse, several complaints from friends and clients that the billing system is rigged to charge late fees on payments that were made on time but not posted by corporate until 2 weeks past payment date, resulting in $250 late fee posting. Unnecessary stress to residents and family due to poor financial management.

Clean Property!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community and I have no complaints of how things had went for my loved one. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I liked the open floor plan and thought they had a lot of great activities for there residents. It was just not the right location for us in the end decision but I would recommend it to anyone.

Care for dad

I like this community for the good care .The staff are always very attentive. The meals were very good and he was happy being here. They did offer him activiites with the residents . We would recommend this community for the great care and value for other families.

Looking forward to moving my husband into this community!

This community looked clean and the staff I have met have been pleasant. They offer a memory care wing. They have a big kitchen and the brochures talk about how nice it is.

The Food is Pleasing

The experience has been good for my parents so far. My mom really likes the meals, which is a plus. They participate in the activities provided and they enjoy it too. The community is also well cleaned from the ground on up. I would recommend this community.

Highly recommend!

I am really pleased with Brookdale Cedar City. I highly recommend them. My Mom likes it there, she's made a lot of friends. She's keeping involved, they have lots of activities: kick ball, getting her hair and nails done, lots of live music entertainment that she loves. It's been really good for her. Every time I call, she is happy. She really likes the food, they cut it up for her because she has trouble doing so.

I also recommend A Place For Mom, I appreciate their help so much with steering me in the right direction.

Brookdale is not a quality facility.

Ridiculously high priced for seniors on fixed incomes. Corporation spent millions in upgrading interior aesthetics, expecting residents to pay for the cost by significantly increasing the monthly rent. They run on a shoe string staff, poorly maintained and equipped with sufficient employees. High turnover of employees and high turnover of residents. Food is mediocre, resident rooms are not kept consistently clean, trash is not removed from resident rooms regularly, laundry is not done correctly which leaves shirts being returned to the resident in very wrinkled condition, whites are washed with darks and returned in a grayish color, bedding is not returned to resident beds until late at night when resident/family complain that resident is unable to retire for the evening because bedding has not been placed back on bed. Pathetic when resident wants a hamburger for dinner and Brookdale has no hamburger buns so they serve the resident with 2 pieces of sandwich bread for the resident's hamburger.

fired people and they are severely under staffed

Emeritus at Emerald Pointe have fired people and they are severely under staffed. He is supposed to be getting laundry and his room cleaned weekly. This is not happening due to the lack of workers. They have brought in more residents and are spending a lot of money in upgrades but they don't even have enough staff to put name tags on the doors. Some residents have moved out because of this. [removed]

really disappointed

I am really disappointed in Emeritus at Emerald Pointe. [removed] Also when I walk in there is nobody there at the front desk. I was really disappointed in the whole process at this facility.

Buyer beware.

My mother had not been at Emerald Pointe for three months when the administration wanted to increase her level of care and fees by $850 per month.

First, she required more supervision than was expected so they added $200 to her fees.

Then, when the doctor decided her medication had to be administered by them, they added $600 more per month.

Next, everyone's cost increased $50 across the board.

I called the facility administrator and emailed her to ask for a breakdown of the $600 fee. I called the nurse and asked for a breakdown. I called the accounting department and asked for a breakdown of the costs. None of my calls or emails were returned. In frustration, I tried to call headquarters. I received no response whatsoever. This tells me there was no legitimate reason for the increase.

We are 100 percent self-pay. Ironically, the amount at which they arrived was just over the total amount of my mother's income. With another $1,000 a month in prescriptions, insurance and other expenses, it was impossible.

This organization is understaffed and poorly managed. I walked into the lobby one day to find two residents physically fighting. There was no aid or employee to be found. I ushered the women to their rooms and had to go searching for help on the second floor. Rarely if ever was the first floor covered when I entered the facility.

Please check with local physicians to inquire about this facility before placing someone you love here.

Too far away!!