The Gables of Brighton - Rochester, NY

The Gables of Brighton - Rochester, NY has yet not published prices.

Disappointed from day 1

Very disappointed in place overall. Apartment was not clean, did not replace bathroom & kitchen floors as stated. Maintenance manager approved move in with broken shower holder, dirty walls, dirty floors, dirty vents, dust and bug filled upper windows. Halls need some cleaning. So this soured me from day one. Dinning room needs cleaning of tables, vents, and better management, meal time is chaotic. So overall I can not recommend Brookdale to anyone. I'm here now and will be here in hopes, that someone starts listening and looking at what is going on, and starts making some improvements. It was a beautiful place, but someone dropped the ball in the last few years. Here's hoping for change.

Good care and value

The care from this community. We like that he is happy with the room and he feels comfortable here. The activities are helpful for him. The menu is very good and he likes the variety. The community is clean and maintained.I like knowing that he is happy at this community. We would recommend other families for the good care and the value of a loved one.

Comfortable Care!!

I have no complaints about how things are going for my loved one since she has made the move into this community. The staff are great people and I am comfortable with the care they are providing her. I am pleased to see my mother eating well and participating in a few of the different activities they have available. I would recommend it to anyone interested.

Extremely friendly! But rather dark :( It looks and feels like an "old folks home" Their services are extensive and the pricing is competitive.

Settled in Nicely

My in laws is doing very well with their move to this community. They are safe, and in good hands, and we are satisfied with all they have done for us. They have a nice staff at this community. The community is well maintained. We have no complaints, or problems with this community. It is a community I would recommend.

This location is an independent living residence. It does not have any other level of services. Assistance is hired by the resident as needed. The unique rooms and amenities were highlights of our tour when comparing the features with the current location where my mother is living. Folks were very friendly. Home overall is an older style. No hallway rails. Delicious cookies!

Wonderful staff!

My mother's experience with Brookdale was phenomenal! Once we were able to see the facility and really get a feel for it, it was a 100% go, we were in the office that afternoon to get my mother into the facility! My mother really liked it and she couldn't wait to go! The executive director and sales manager in particular were wonderful!! They were very helpful and kind, and they made sure that we were taken care of!

Wonderful Staff!!

I could not have picked a better place for my mom to move into and you cant beat the fact that this property is centrally located in the city. The staff have been wonderful especially [Removed], she has been a great asset and I do not think I could have done this with out her. She made it possible for my mother to get everything she wanted in an apartment. She has had no complaints about the food and I am hoping that shortly she starts to get involved in many of the activities. Overall she is in a better living environment and we are all very happy.

A nice community

The staff at this community is nice and helpful. They offer a lot of activities and the community is clean. They offer a variety of food choices and the residents are able to choose their mealtime. This community is not as bright and open as some other communities in the area.

A nice place

The staff at this community are nice and helpful. They offer daily activities. The food is good and the community is well taken care of. I would recommend this community.

grateful for the support going through the transition moving a parent into another phase in their life.
they understand how difficult it is.

I highly recommend them!!

I highly recommend this Brookdale because they have been nothing but wonderful. I wish I was old enough to live there already. The landscaping is beautiful and the staff is over the top. Everyone is great there from the maintenance man to the staff in the kitchen. You can really tell when someone likes their job and let me tell you these people are in the right job! The Brookdale will really work with you if needed, I am very pleased with everything.

My Visit To The Community

This was nice community when I visited. The people I met were friendly. The community seemed clean and they offer daily activities. This community is for independent living and did not offer the services we were looking for.

The best there is!

The whole community is great. I love the staff and how attentive they are to the residents and how they really care. The place is so bright and upbeat and lively. The food is great and mom is starting to get involved with some things. We really could not have asked for anything better.

My Thought Of The Tour!

We liked this community during our tour. It was very welcoming and we liked the activities director. This is independent living and we were looking for assisted living. The staff we met were nice.

Great Place for my Mom

[Removed] [Removed] met with my Mother and I and was so genuinely caring and patient with our questions. My Mom made a quick decision to live at Brookdale and the whole family is so happy for her happiness. She has so much more energy with the stimulating activities and the people are nice and welcoming. I definitely recommend this place for your loved ones.

Cost of food and service.

I am generally pleased with Brookdale, My only complaint is the food. I do not believe what is being served is worth the cost we are charged.

Many times what is on the menu is not available. We are told they have run out of the items. Needless to say, this is not acceptable.

The waite staff is not very competent. A new head of the staff has been hired and I have faith that many of the complaints will be addressed.

BROOK DALE REVIEW 2016

I am very pleased with my move to Brookdale. My apartment is adequate and very bright.

The people are very friendly and helpful. I am still getting settled and have not been able to attend as many of the events which I would like to. i hope to be able to do so in the future.

The only concern I have is the cleaning person assigned to my apartment. She is very young and it will take time for her to learn how to clean well.

Nice place, overall

My loved one has only been here a short time, but so far our experience with Brookdale Brighton has been a positive one. The facility is clean and well kept, the staff seems friendly, and they've got a good variety of activities. It seems to be a nice place, overall.

The facility seems to be a good place

The facility seems to be a good place and I had decided that I wanted my loved one to live there. Unfortunately, she went into congestive heart failure, so it is no longer an option for her to be a resident. The facility still processed my check and I have yet to get my money back. I don't think this is a bad place, but I am not happy with the way they handled the financial part of this.

The staff are wonderful

I am really pleased with Brookdale Brighton. It is a very clean facility. In fact they were cleaning the carpets and upholstery when I was visiting recently. She is getting a really good value right now by signing by July 31st. There are a lot activities there. Unfortunately she does not really participate in them. Everything was a positive experience here. When she has any type of problem it gets resolved very quickly. The staff are wonderful. They are always willing, able, and happy to see you.

Nice place, overall!

Overall we're pleased with how things have gone with Brookdale Brighton. They keep the place looking clean and well kept at all times, and the people here are very friendly. My loved one has said they also do a great job with the food, which is nice to hear! Really the only thing I'd like to see them improve on is to be slightly more cooperative and coordinated with their in-house care service, otherwise I've got no complaints!

I am happy with them.

I am happy with them. There are a couple of things I am not real happy about. The staff is great, but they could do more in terms of activities. Most of it is boring, they do the same things all the time. The one thing that really bothers me is that they don't have walk in showers, I think any place that has a population that is mostly over eighty should have walk in showers. They charge a non refundable 2000 community fee. They were able to work with me to make this a more affordable choice.

really good

They did a really good job helping my mom acclimate into the facility. They paired her up with people that they thought would be a good mix for her, and did a good job facilitating through any concerns that she had -really good at issue resolution.

Wonderful place!

My loved one was unfortunately only here a short time, but during that The Gables at Brighton really impressed me! They were absolutely phenomenal in so many ways. The staff were all incredibly friendly and caring, from the management to the caregivers, and they obviously really cared about their residents. The facility itself was beautiful, and my loved one really loved her room. I had family members who were totally against the move, but after seeing the place were very impressed.
We did, however, run into an issue that soured the experience somewhat. My loved one passed fell ill and passed only a week after moving in, and this was in the middle of the month. When we toured they told us in order to get the room we'd have to pay for the whole month even if we moved in in the middle, and after she passed they told us there was a 30 day notice after a resident dies, so we ended up paying for 2 months for a 9 day stay. This was a complete surprise to us, as I don't recall hearing anything about it during the (admittedly hectic) touring process. I understand and accept the reasoning for the policy, but the fact that it came out of left field and was not explained to us really was quite a negative shock.
But I really would recommend this place, it is wonderful, and I hope this review prevents the 30 day notice after death policy from being a shock to another family!

The staff are all very helpful and accommodating.

Some of the menus aren't very pleasing to my friend. The food is not low sodium it's more low carbohydrate. There is a good variety of things to do. They are able to suggest ideas of what residents want to do. The personnel are all very, very good. The staff are all very helpful and accommodating. They call everyday and check on them to make sure they're ok.

Beautiful place

So far they've done a great job! They're very attentive, and they really keep and eye out for any changes or issues and notify the family with any updates. It is a really beautiful place, the staff are friendly, and they keep it very clean!

it's an okay place--not as ...

it's an okay place--not as bright and shiny new as Maplewood Estates but would satisfy my needs.

We feel fortunate to have found such a nice place

Outstanding in every way for an independent Senior. I would give it 5 stars, except for the category of Care Services, which are kind of just "ok," and I found I needed to supplement them with non-Gables services. The grounds, rooms, and dining room are beautiful and elegant, and the staff is the friendliest I have ever encountered. And we got a terrific value on a room with a less-than-optimal view, which didn't matter to my relative that doesn't like to look outside.

The ease and support offered has made my decision and transition. Simple and informed I am blessed

Amy and all the staff at the gables explaining what my new life will be like here at the gables I continue to learn , all my questions are promptly addressed as I learn how to begin my new life living independently...I could list many people who have helped. But all in all everyone has been doing thier best to help me. From filling my spiritual needs to nutritional preferences. I have gained 20lbs + up from the $120 lbs I came here feeling stronger with a better appetite and what is comparable to 5 star dining and service
I still have much to learn but with the support of all the staff I am learning the ropes so to speak
I am told it takes a few weeks to adapt and I feel I am moving forward daily .......the fellow residents are warm carving and ha do I much better job rembering my name than I. I feel,like I have a new family I every day I learn more and meet more residences...Trying to find the time to,participate in the many opportunity a to meet and share......I have so much to learn...

Excellent I love residents staff this is a lovely new home

I can not sat enough I am overwhelmed with how welcomed I have been and the are I have been shown...

The Gables of Brighton
provides a full range of choices for today’s seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Gables community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

At The Gables of Brighton
our Optimum Life® concept and our Celebrations program provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents and their families and our associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Our residents have peace of mind knowing that we provide a variety of ancillary services relating to their health, wellness and convenience that add value to their lives.