Brookdale Attleboro - Attleboro, MA

Brookdale Attleboro - Attleboro, MA has yet not published prices.

Facility checks all the boxes. [name removed] was super. In the top 2 for us

On arrival was greeted by [name removed] and after reviewing information regarding my mother, she explained the amenities of Brookdale and then I was given a tour. The living space when you first enter is very homey and comfortable. I especially liked the fact that there was a patio off of the dining room and a wooded area surrounding the backyard. The studio apartment model was attractively decorated and I left there hoping to bring my mom for a visit.

I went on a tour

I toured this community and it was nice it is an older building. It was very homey and welcoming. Everyplace has their strengths and weaknesses. This was a nice property. We were very intrigued. It just wasn't a good fit. I would tell families tour many places before making a decision.

Gracious Staff!!

The staff where very gracious to my loved one and I during our tour and very professional. They where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail.The property was clean and they had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. It was just not in our price ranger for my mother to live there.

I took a tour!

When I toured Brookdale Attleboro, I thought it was a nice place. They charged $500 to do an assessment and I was told that if she moved in, it would be credited and if she did not it would be refunded. Well now that she did not move in I am receiving a bill that I am hoping is just a miscommunication. The staff was all very friendly.

So far so good

My mother selected Brookdale over several other places because she said during the initial visit that she "felt comfortable". As she was being uprooted from her home of 25+ years this was an important factor to consider. She has now been a resident for about a month -- anecdotally, her experience to-date has been largely positive. She seems to be adjusting well and is participating in social activities. She finds the staff warm and accommodating and likes the interaction with her fellow seniors. But she also likes that she has her own space to retire to.
A few items of note - While not having to prepare her own meals is a big plus, she's still adjusting to more institutionalized food and set meal times. To be fair, there's nothing wrong with it - but she's an excellent cook, accustomed to eating a more Mediterranean diet. She isn't crazy over the cable channels available -- but I think it's because she's missing her local favorites.

On the whole though, so far so good.

Bottom-line - I have no idea if your loved one's experience would be the same as my mom's -- we are very involved in her life and care. My sister went in to the visit armed with questions. We also spent a lot of time getting her apartment set-up so it felt like home. All of this - combined with the efforts of the courteous and receptive staff at Brookdale played a part in making her move from a large single family home to a much smaller apartment and the receptive Brookdale community a success.

Brookdale Memory care

The people seem to be friendly the first week. The facility is a little on the dirty side and could use a little help in that aspect. The food did not look all that appetizing from what I saw, and Mom did not care for it to much.

Review of Brookdale Attleboro - Attleboro, MA

liked the people here both staff and residents

if your stomach is not happy you wont be either

We visited Brookdale Attleboro 4 times Nov/Dec 2015. Accessibility to visiting Dr.'s, hair salon & activities were great. The apartments were fine. The model apt. was very comfortable, but when you see an actual room the counters, appliances, bathrooms & carpet were a lower grade, but ok. We were told the model had upgrades, but we were not offered these upgrades. The dining room was what made us not choose this location. No menus, inexperienced staff in dining hall, cold food, premade/frozen food (beef stew..I mean thin soup or reheated coconut shrimp with white rice that day), neighboring tables of residents complaining about the food quality, & cold tea. We were told that they were searching for a new chef & that particular day the chef did not show up. The upfront staff were very nice & apologetic of the kitchen and the help there. The location seems ok but hopefully they have an experienced chef.
$5200 couple

Wonderful Community

My father in law is no longer at Brookdale Attleboro, but our time with this community was a great experience we were very happy with everything. I really loved this community the staff was extremely kind and helpful to us. They accommodated all my father in law needs they were just great with him. The facility looks nice and clean very well kept community. I would recommend this community to my family and friends.

Home for dad

Such a wonderful place , everyone is so happy and ready to help in every way

Communication is a big key that they really do well

Brookdale Attleboro is going really well. The only thing that needs improvement is the group that my sister sit with in the dining area complain about the food. Some meals are good and some not so good. The communication is great at this facility. When there is a problem with my sister they let me know. When they do physical therapy and things are good they call me. Communication is a big key that they really do well here. My sister is very happy there. I hope she can stay there for the duration of her life. She needs a lot of care and they do provide that. I am just very pleased to have her here.

They have caring people that work there

It's very clean and very friendly. They have a memory care unit. They have caring people that work there. They tend to assist in adjustments. They go above and beyond to make that happen. I would recommend the Emeritus at Canturbury Woods. It's a nice community with friendly people. The value is excellent. The care services and activities are excellent as well.

Before my dad chose Emeritus to move in to, he was thinking of moving out of state and had all of his furniture put into storage there until the sale of his house was finalized. After the closing, he decided to stay local and move into Emeritus. They helped him every step of the way going so far as to temporarily furnish his apartment until we could get his furniture out of storage. The staff are all engaging and encourage him daily to participate in the activities. He always has a story to tell about the staff - with laughter and never a complaint.

being assured that this is Moms new home and welcoming our children in as family who can spend as much time at "Nana's new home" as the would like!!! This was our reason for choosing Canterbury Woods....

Looks Can Be Deceiving

The facility is beautiful but is run very poorly. Very little communication about your loved one. They make it sound so wonderful but dont do anything they said they were going to do. They are understaffed and very expensive.

Canterbury is a beautiful facility but run very poorly. Very little communication about your loved one. They make it sound all grand and then once your in there they dont do anything they said they were going to do. Very expensive too.

Very nice place!

I'm very happy with how things have gone at Emeritus at Canterbury Woods! It's a nice looking facility, they keep it very clean, and I feel like it is just the right size for my loved one. Not big enough to be overwhelming, but not so small that it doesn't have anything going on. I also like that there always seems to be someone around checking in on her. It is a nice, quiet, pleasant community, and I feel like she is fitting in well here.

Nice place, overall

Overall I think they do a good job at Emeritus at Canterbury Woods, with some caveats. It's a very nice looking place, and they do a very good job keeping everything clean and well kept. The care staff all seem friendly, caring, and professional. The dining room staff could use a little work, however, it always feels like a very long wait for meals. I like that they've got a secure outside area for the residents, with a canopy and gazebo so there are places to sit.
My biggest issue is that they really nickel and dime you when it comes to care, and they'll add things on to your bill and only discuss it with you afterwards.

Great care, and very friendly staff

They do a great job here. The staff were really outstanding. They were friendly, caring, and professional. The facility itself was clean, and the care and activities they provide all looked great.

They are great, they are really professional.

They are great, they are really professional. The value is very good as well, I did a lot of research. The food is pretty good. They try to encourage them to participate in the activities. I can't really think of anything I would want improved or changed.

Good place, overall

My father-in-law seems to be enjoying this place so far. He's had good things to say about the food, we always had trouble getting him to eat enough before, but now we don't have to worry about that anymore! This is a very clean, very nice looking place, and the caregivers have all been great. It is very expensive, but it seems to be competitively priced compared to others we have experience with.

Generally good overall, some issues

Things have been good generally, the staff are nice, and the facility looks like. We had some initial issues with the care where things we requested weren't being provided, but we worked that out quickly and with no problems. Recently, however, there have been issues with things going missing out of my loved one's room, which is a major issue which I am in contact with the administrator about currently.

Mom has just recently moved to the co...

Mom has just recently moved to the community within the last 2 weeks. Prior to her move, I toured the community 4 times. The grounds are kept very clean and meticulous. The residents seem very happy and the activities are numerous, . The staff have been very helpful and willing to accommodate meetings with me at my convenience. I would like to see a little more attention to the seat cushions in the dining room as there was dried food on the chair I was sitting in and there were pills left in the kitchen cabinet when my loved one moved in. Mom discovered a bit of tape stuck to the seat in the shower.
Getting over all that, Mom's whole outlook has improved dramatically, and I'm very happy to say she has returned to her happy, bubbly self, enjoying laughter with her newly found friends.

My brother and I were very ...

My brother and I were very impressed with this facility. Although we did not tour the Memory Care area. Will need to further pursue, but at this time, Mom has no desire no matter how nice I tell her it is to make a move at this time. My brother and I have made changes to her financial arrangements in hopes of keeping her in her home for a bit longer. Fees are a concern.

beautiful & compassionate. ...

beautiful & compassionate. Concerned there may not be enough care. Many add-ons in fee.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.