Doing Well

From what I am being told my friends are doing well. They like it there. From what my friends are mentioning the staff is quite kind and friendly very helpful. The food seems to be good I haven't heard about any issues. They are participating in activities such as water aerobics.

Nice place but it was more business like upon entering. We really felt like the corporate sell was given to us. Everyone seemed nice but it felt like a busy hotel with no real connection. Nothing really bad there, just not the right fit for us.

A Fine Community, but Not the Right Fit for Us

I had a pleasant tour of this community. Everything went well overall. The facility appeared to be well-kept from what I saw. The staff I met was kind, and informative. All my questions were answered. Everyone was very friendly too my family, and I. This was more like an indoor facility, there was not much to be desire outside the community. It was a nice experience, but this wasn't the community for us.

Couldn't ask for more!

My husband and I live here.The people are wonderful and things are going great.We couldn't ask for anything better. The food is very good. They had a BINGO rally last month and we all played. They take you anywhere you need to go whether it be doctors appointments or shopping. They are very accommodating and we are so happy!

An Excellent Tour

I have been to this community several times and my mom lives here too. The meals are good and they have good staff too. We were going to move in but I found a place with a bigger apartment.

Very Pleased!!

My mother is doing good since her move into this community. The beginning was a hard transition for her but now she's happy. The staff is very helpful.The place is clean inside and out. They offer a variety of activities and exercise in their chairs. The apartment my mother is in is comfortable and they provide housekeeping once a week. We will defiantly recommend them to anyone,When my mother's friends to visit they are pleased and considering moving in themselves.

Excellent Care

This is a great community for great care. My mom is happy with the staff that is taking excellent care of her. They offer great food and a good variety. Activities are offered to her to help her stay active. I would recommend this community for families who are looking for good care.

So Far A Good Experience

This community is very nice and they take good care of it. We have only lived here a short time but so far the people we have met have been lovely. The food is good and I think we will like it even more once we are able to get settled in a little more. Overall it has been a lovely experience.

In-laws enjoying their new residence at Brook Ridge

My in-laws just moved to Brook Ridge & really like it. It has
far exceeded their expectations on every level. They love the food (esp the dessert cart), they are getting 3 delicious, healthy meals a day. The staff has been so friendly, helpful and respectful. They really care about their residents. My in-laws have already participated in several activities & plan to do others. Their apartment is spacious & is only steps away from the restaurant. They are getting a lot for their money.

Helpful staff

The staff made the adjustment of moving here go smoothly. They are very helpful and attentive to the residents. The facility itself is warm and cozy and it is always immaculate. There are lots of amenities and activities and the food is great.

Very nice place

This is a very nice facility with lots of amenities. The staff is great here. They are caring and very attentive to the residents. The facility is nice and clean. The food is actually decent too. Overall, this is a very nice place.

Best decision I ever made for my mother

Best decision I ever made for my mother. When I called A Place for Mom, I was blessed with Camille, who from the start of the call began to assure me everything is going to be ok, Camille was extremely knowledgeable and had appointments set up for me the next day. Although once I stepped foot into Brook Ridge , met the incredible staff, saw the beautiful and cleanliness of the entire building, I needed to look no further. My mother is happy and made a lot of friends. The staff is like family, they make it one of their many priorities to know all the tenants name. The meals are superb and portioned plentiful.
Yet with the amenities they have given my mother a genuine sense of independence.
All of the staff from the management to the maintenance are always smiling and make eye contact with a warm greeting the second you enter the door.
I am so grateful that I don't have to worry about my mother through out the day, is she ok? Has she fell?
Between her new friends and the staff if they don't see her at the meal times someone checks on her.
I highly recommend Brook Ridge Retirement Community for anyone's parents. I could go on forever, but if anyone would like to speak to me personally, I would be honored to do so.

nice and open

Things are going very well at Brook Ridge. It is nice and open. The food is good. It is well lit. It is easy to navigate around in. I have been very pleased overall at this facility.

EASY TO ADJUST-GREAT TO STAY

Very light, airy and welcoming facility. Friendly staff and residents make adjustment easy. Lots of common areas to relax in or comfortable rooms to enjoy privacy. Basic cable TV in rent makes it easy for residents to settle in quickly. Many rooms have been updated and are super nice with new appliances and flooring. Convenient dining with excellent food and many options. Plans to move to a restaurant style serving will only make it more convenient. The only drawback is just one elevator for the three floors.

Sunshine

We are happy to hear your transition has been seamless and you are happy with your decision to reside at Brook Ridge. Let us know if there is anything we can do to make your experience even better!

Awsome staff!

Awesome Staff! Great place. When we arrived, we were greeted by the staff and were provided with exceptional services. My mother has a great nurse assigned to her, who takes care of her every need. Awesome employees and great food!

Sunshine

Our staff is remarkable and it's great you were able to experience how much they care for their residents. We will be sure to let Chef Iris know how much you enjoyed your meal.

worked out well

Both the managers at Brook Ridge listen really well and work with the people. I myself did not need any special care, but I observed how well they worked with those that did. It was a good experience and I would recommend them.

Sunshine

It is our number one priority to find caring live-in managers, who always put residents and their needs first. We are happy you experienced just this, and thank you for sharing this with the SeniorAdvisor.com community.

We are very pleased.

We are very pleased. It's clean and the staff is friendly. I think the value is very good as well. The activities are very good, they have so much to do, my loved one is learning Spanish. We were concerned that he wouldn't want to do anything, but they have been very good about getting the residents involved. The food is very good. They serve them like a fine dining experience. It's a standard, it's not just food thrown at them, it's a dining experience. They have been very helpful with easing the transition. We are looking into it for ourselves as well. It's light, and airy, and well maintained, and we liked the people that own it. All the little things have made us real comfortable. It's been a very good experience.

Sunshine

Thanks for sharing your positive experience with SeniorAdvisor.com. Our residents and their happiness is our number one priority and it's obvious from your review your very please with your decision to move to Brook Ridge. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future.

We love it!

This facility is at least 20 years old, but it looks and smells like a brand new building. The care and cleanliness is thorough, not cosmetic.

The staff is extraordinary. This has been a difficult placement for my father, and the staff has gone out of their way to smooth his transition into his new home. My dad comes with a lot of family, and we have been welcomed along with Dad.

We have had some meals with Dad, and the dining experience is notable. They handle every meal as an event, and the food is worth it. The food is tasty and appealing. The servers seem to take an interest in their guests.

Overall, this experience has turned by Dad's outlook from wanting to return to his old home to when am I going to my new home.

Can't thank Brook Ridge enough for making this transition as smooth as they can for us.

Sunshine

Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review about our community. It's great to hear you dad is enjoying his time at Brook Ridge, and that you are confident with your decision as well. We are always looking for ways to further improve, so please don't hesitate if there is anything we can do to make your experience even better.

Brook Ridge speaks for itself

After doing some research online we toured this community and really liked what they were doing. The community really spoke for itself. Our loved one seems to be happy here so overall we are very pleased and would recommend them to anyone.

Sunshine

We are so pleased you think so highly of our community. We truly strive to create a family atmosphere and are excited to learn that you were able to see this through your community visit. We hope to see you again soon.

Could encourage more participation

I don't know enough about how they arrive at their costs but youre getting what you pay for. Shes not getting any care, but there could be more stress put on getting the residents involved instead of so much relying on themselves to do it. I think they have a good amount fo activities, theyre okay, but they just dont encourage participation as much as they could. They did have a prom and they also had a hawaiian luau at their dinner time and they brought in professional hawaiian dancers and got some of the residents involved in participating in it. I attended that and it was nice.

Sunshine

Thank you for reaching out to us Pamela. We are so pleased to hear you and your loved one enjoyed our Luau. Your feedback also remind us of the importance of engaging residents in our activities. It sounds like much of the success of the Luau is due to our staff encouraging residents to get involved and participate. We will continue to apply similar tactics for all of our activities to hopefully grow participation even more.

Brook Ridge is an affordable all-inclusive retirement community located in the beautiful Rio Grande Valley, conveniently located minutes from shops, restaurants, hospitals and the McAllen Airport. A Sunshine Retirement Living Community, we offer a variety of amenities to simplify your life, including 3 chef-prepared meals daily, fun daily activities and free transportation, so you can all enjoy today and look forward to tomorrow!

At Brook Ridge, we believe you deserve to enjoy a carefree lifestyle surrounded by warm and caring managers, staff and residents. We pride ourselves on offering you choices that allow you to live your life the way you want. It’s a simple concept that means you can take control of your time, find comfort in your surroundings, and be part of a community of friends and neighbors.

In addition to its wonderful location and our gorgeous landscaping, Brook Ridge residents enjoy the finest benefits in our affordable community, including: *Chef-Prepared Meals: Enjoy three home-cooked daily meals prepared by our chef, served at your table in our dining room.

*Fun Social Activities and Outings: Access a full activity calendar including: games, exercise, movies and many more fun weekly events.

*Transportation: We offer local transportation for shopping trips, doctor’s appointments and other scheduled activities and events!

*Weekly Housekeeping Service: Enjoy your own personal housekeeper who will clean, vacuum, do light dusting, change your linens and bring you toilet tissue weekly.

Caring Live-In Managers Available to You 24/7: You’ll have peace of mind knowing that our mangers live here too. Each apartment has an emergency communication system.

We would love the opportunity to show you around our beautiful community.

Please contact us to schedule a visit and join us for lunch!

Se Habla Espanol.