Brookdale Westlake Village - Westlake, OH

Brookdale Westlake Village - Westlake, OH has yet not published prices.

Mom's Family

Hello, we had my Mom enter Independent Living to keep her with her beloved dog. Mom has dimentia but was accepted as an IL resident. The services provided were less than expected and the medical attention was almost zero. I would never recommend this facility unless your loved one was in perfect condition. Plus their personal services are less than adequate and management is just about making money. Also billing and accounting is a real problem. If you have another option please take it!!!

I was impressed with the quite comfort of the location and the spacious 2 bedroom units.

Our Experience

My mom spent 2-3 weeks in the skilled nursing and they were great. But for the size of the facility she was unable to see the same staff for her recovery. They were thorough and they had a care plan meeting and we were invited. It seemed like the main focus was on the therapy like dietary. It was there policy and I felt that was not just a main concern for us. My mom said the food is terrible and it smelled bad.

Fantastic Staff!!

The staff at this community have all been wonderful and helpful towards my mothers transition into her new living environment. I like that they take care of the residents on an individual basis instead of a big group. She is very happy with the meals and enjoys participating in some of the activities with her friends that she has made. Overall I am very pleased with this place and would recommend it to anyone.

Skilled Nursing & Rehab Facility at Brookdale Westlake

My dad was in the Skilled Nursing/Rehab facility following a week-long hospital stay after a fall in November 2016. He had moderate dementia at that time with sun-downing behaviors that became much more pronounced while he was there due to the added confusion of an unfamiliar place and people. They were not equipped to handle this despite their assurance that they often dealt with Alzheimer/dementia patients. When I toured the facility (which is attractive, bright, and clean) before making a decision and asked specific questions about fall prevention, I was assured that they have procedures to minimize fall risk as much as possible. This was an issue with my dad and his memory/confusion problems - he could not remember that he needed assistance to get up and get around (since just a couple weeks before he had been maneuvering independently), and we did not feel that fall risk was minimized as they had assured. Their solution for the cognitive and falling issues was to suggest that WE hire an outside private care agency to provide one-on-one monitoring around the clock while he was there - which we did - at great expense - for peace of mind and because there seemed to be no other options offered. That helped, but we were disappointed it was needed since he was already in a facility that was supposed to be caring for him. Communication and problem-solving were lacking; we felt like WE had to initiate communication in several instances and also try to come up with ideas to make some situations better - this left us scratching our heads since we were not the experts in this type of care - we thought they were! The rehab sessions were very good and progress was made, but at only about an hour per day, without follow-up the rest of the day from other staff to encourage more walking, etc. - that progress was limited. They did offer quite a few optional activities during the day which would be great for people who were mentally capable of organizing and scheduling themselves, but that was not the case here. The food was really good and helped my dad regain some much needed weight. Many of the nurses and caregivers were extremely helpful, caring, and hardworking, which we did appreciate. But if your loved one is placed here and cannot speak up for themselves well, I would suggest you have someone with him/her there most of the time - either rotating family members or hiring outside help like we did. Those weeks were very stressful, and when my dad moved from Brookdale Skilled/Rehab into nearby Arden Courts of Westlake Memory Care Community, he was much happier and we were much more at ease with Arden Court's understanding of dementia issues that appeared lacking at Brookdale Skilled.

A tour for care

We toured this community for great care. The other residents seems happy. the community is clean and we like the enviroment is very positive. The menu of the good variety of meals is very appealing. The community is clean inside and out. This community is highly recommended for the care of a loved one.

Although my late wife's stay was short, we could not have asked for a better experience. The nurses, aides, therapists and admins were awesome and like family to us by the time she passed away. I will never forget their kindness. They alone made this facility truly wonderful.

My Folks really like this facility. They are seriously considering it. If fact Beryl said, I don't need to look any further - this is it!

Pretty Nice of This Community

This a nice community, and our tour went well. The staff was friendly, and kind to my family. The community looked well maintained, and everything looked good. It was a good experience.

Less than stellar

Response from staff in times of need can be spotty. Physically the place is nice, staff needs an upgrade.

Brookdale Westlake Village gets 5 stars!!!

The staff at Brookdale is friendly and take good care of my mom. The food is good and they have a wide variety of choices. She has not yet participated in any activities but I think once she settles in a little better she will. I would recommend this community to anyone that asks about it.

Good start

My wife has been there only 12 days, but the staff has
performed excellently during that time and things are
going well.

Its very nice the staff is very friendly. I'm very happy that my mother is in there.. The one and only issue is that there is a lot of remodeling going on and there is no control of the construction workers. Its been an ongoing process. But you do enjoy that there upgreading. Again I'm really glad I found that place. Its just wonderful

Very nice looking place

We visited this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Westlake Village Retirement seemed like a very nice place, overall! It was clean and well kept, and the people seemed friendly. Unfortunately it was also expensive, and out of the price range we were looking in.

nice facility but, way too expensive.

All inclusive care

3 separate areas, they offered all care and the ability to move from different levels of care, rehab available, you can move as needed based on care. Continental breakfast all day, covered terraced patios to go outside, ability to sit outside without dealing with the elements. Still has that sense of freedom. Automatic doors give accessibility. No stairs, elevators. Little cafe's for coffee/bagels, pub room to watch sports, not restricted to rooms.

Nice place, they may be mor...

Nice place, they may be more comfortable for them

Could encourage her a little more

My mother is in independent living, but the care is okay. Ithink the events are fine, but the issue is my mother isn't really taking advantage of them which is an issue. One, it's her phsyical condition, she's a little embarrassed and I think she hesitates venturing out for any length of time. That's probably the most contributing factor in her not taking advantage of the tremendous opportunity for events. For instance, they provide transportation to shopiing and things like that, and she doesn't want to go.
The only comment would be that it would be nice if the staff were even more adamant about encouraging her to do it and making plans with her to do them. I know they can't force her, but it would be nice if they encouraged her. She had pneumonia so she had to go from her home to the hospital and then we moved her into the skilled nursing at Westlake because it was one of the few in the area that had that component. After her stint in skilled nursing, we insisted on her going to the independent living right then and there.

This is a very clean, frien...

This is a very clean, friendly community that meets the needs of my dad. Pets reside there and pets can visit. This is a fine senior community.

Too spread out. Dad has limited mobil...

Too spread out. Dad has limited mobility even with his power wheelchair. He cannot be on the oxygen tank for long, needs to be back with the oxygen generator in their apartment within a short time.

visited it and was unable to actually...

visited it and was unable to actually view their facilities first glance...in their skilled rehab area was ok could not access their pt department as it was all locked up and could not view

Brookdale Westlake Village provides a full range of choices for today’s seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of