People are very friendly. Amenities are excellent. Apartments are spacious. Everything is newly renovated. High rise building. Very large. Not sure it’s a good fit for my family member.

Not Good At Following UP

Before deciding to keep my parents at home we did tour this community.The staff there was friendly and we liked the look at the community it appeared clean. However, after touring the community we had setup an evaluation for them to come and evaluate mom which was done but they never called us back for 2 months so in my opinion there office staff could use improvement for follow up work.

My Visit To The Community

This was a very nice community. It was priced a little higher than other communities. The sales manager that took us on tour was nice. I did get the feeling they were trying to really sell the community as independent living and we were looking for assisted living. I did not get the same warm feeling as the community we chose.

Shameful health situation with broken elevators

Do not move here. The elevators keep breaking, leaving seniors stranded upstairs, or in the lobby. Over a period of two years (when my parent lived here), they have continued to break. There seems to be no effort to actually replace these aging elevators. Recently, all three were out at the same time - an extremely dangerous health issue.

In spite of these problems, and the aging and dated facilities, management has put in very high increases in rent each year. While they have plans to renovate, there has been no current justification for the large increases to date.

Kate Vance

Thank you for reaching out. Your experience is important to me and I'd like to help. Would you mind emailing me directly at [removed]? That way I can share your comments with those in the best position to address the matter.

Good choice

I really feel I made a good choice. The people here are warm and friendly and the activities are excellent.

Great place for care

I like this community for the care of my father. I like knowing the staff is keeping up with his progress and keeping me informed. The menu is very good and he is pleased with the variety of the meals. He is active with a lot of the nice activities. We would recommend this community for other families for the care and value for a loved one.

Everything was wonderful here. We really liked the staff and how attentive they were while we were there. The community is lovely and kept clean and neat. The only thing that was a big factor was that they were way over priced. They offered the same things as everyone else, but was a lot more expensive.

We toured this facility. Very impressive as most Atria properties are. Distance from NJ was an issue. Because of Mom's transferring problem, it takes 2 aides to transfer her, which is generally not available without supplementing with a private duty aide.
Because of her slow decline, Mom may need more services over the next year or so. Staff both nurse (RN) and para-professionals (LPN,CNA) yare limited thecamount if time they can devote to non-emergencies.Urgent need to use the toilet, for example, is a non-emegency.

Positives: extensive activities, but prmarily geared for IL. Good food.,consistency with staff aides assigned -- resudents get the sme am and pm aide. Across tge street from the hospital,and rehan center. Facility has Harvard MBA on the managent staff.

Friendly and welcoming place for seniors!

Wonderful Community!

The community at the Atria Stamford has worked out well for our loved one. Within a just a few days our loved one made new friends. He is very engaged with the community and is enjoying himself. They had a great follow up team and were very competitive to get us to move in.

Well run facility

My experience with Atria Stamford has only been a brief one, but it seems to be a well run facility overall.

Rose's dad was here and she said "overall good care"
but I do not like high-rise or location.

A very upbeat place

It's a very difficult thing to do, to remove your parents from their home, down sizing their cherished possessions and facing up to the fact that they need more help than you can give. I toured 4 facilities in my area and of those four the Atria was the most beautiful and upbeat place. There is an energy there I did not feel in the other three places and even the residents were super friendly and all were Emily each time I stopped by. The staff are wonderful and caring and the activities are varied. Before, my parents were at home with an aide. There was no one for them to I teract with. My mom had stopped setting her hair and putting on makeup and my dad slept all day. The only place they went was to doctors appointments. Now they get up, go to meals and sit with other residents and converse, They are getting the meds they used to forget to take and they look forward to the day's activities. On the weekends, the place is full of family who visit or take their parents out for the day. It's not a place people just dumped their parents. So for us, it was the best place. It's bright and sunny, immaculate and full of life. There is no perfect solution when your loved ones start to decline, but it is peace of mind that I was able place them at the Atria because their life has changed for the better. They give them a reason to get up in the morning.

It's Great

I am very happy with the Atria Stamford. I think it's great and I would recommend it. It is very clean. Everyone has been very nice. My loved one is well taken care of. They offer many activities.

Nice place but must be involves with your loved one

The activities for the residents are the highlight of Atria. There isn't a facility that comes close to the mental stimulation that Atria has for the residents. The food is very good, one thing that the residents rave about.
The Resident Relations Director has made a concerted effort to email the families a monthly list of activities and special events. The special events can be great fun.
The down side is the housekeeping staff does not clean the rooms well. The amount of dust in the rooms is awful. Also the nursing staff can be rude and difficult to work with. The response time to an emergence can be 3 min at night which is not good.

Relief at last

They are extremely friendly and greet everyone by their name. Their approach is to give the caregiver a break, which were welcome words after running around the area, interviewing places and see which one will fit their need. The location was very important as it was within a mile of the doctors and only a few hundred feet away from the Tulley Center for out patient needs. Still new to the place only 1 month so far. The real test will be how they handle Long Term Care.
The person I placed there loves it and enjoys all the activities they have to offer.
Price wise you get more bang for your bucks here compared to other places in the area.

Good Activities

My sister was here for a year and a half and she'll be moving back soon. She liked the activities here much better. It's a large building and basically it has better activities for my sister. Atria has made some improvements too. It used to only have two meals a day and now it has three. It's going to have Mass once a week where before they had to go out on the bus to go to Mass.

Lovely, but too active and ...

Lovely, but too active and urbane for Mom. High- rise.

very nice people, nice facility. mo...

very nice people, nice facility. more like an elegant hotel

Very fine independent care facility b...

Very fine independent care facility based on meals, apts., activities,location.

Atria Stamford has served the families of Fairfield County since 2007. With a continuing commitment to quality, the community is undergoing an extensive renovation and expansion to enhance beauty and functionality. Once complete, residents will enjoy a host of exciting new spaces and amenities, including renovated apartments with modern décor and updated kitchens and baths as well as new furnishings, fixtures and décor in all common areas. Other additions include a new bistro and cocktails and coffee bar, creative arts studio, two penthouse apartments with views of Long Island Sound – and much more.

For families dealing with the challenges of dementia, Atria Stamford recently added a second Life Guidance® memory care neighborhood. Both neighborhoods feature a welcoming, vibrant environment with a private dining room and secure gathering spaces, a structured setting with specially trained staff to provide highly personalized care, an Engage Life® center offering events and opportunities tailored to residents’ interests, and thoughtfully designed apartments with modern features.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 190 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. Atria communities are home to more than 21,000 seniors and employ more than 14,800 people.