Sunrise of Stamford - Stamford, CT

Bad experience.

Our father was placed in this facility by our youngest brother. It was an awful
experience for our Dad, and for our entire family. We were told by staff when we came to visit that we were not allowed to i see or speak with our Father.
The few times I was able to speak with him he was fearful and agitated.
Since then he moved to a different facility where the staff is kind and forthcoming...and Dad is relaxed and happy.

Indiffent staff!

Bad experience for our lived one and the entire family.
Indiffent staff...not at all caring.
Terribly unhappy about our loved ones care!

Lack of conscience. Breach of trust!

My father resided in the memory care unit of this facility for seven months, during which time his glaases were lost or [Removed] and we were not informed. Since we live out of state, he apparently could not see for over two months. Additionally, four teeth were missing in his right upper arch,that were perfectly healthy when he left home a few months before. We were unable to determine what had transpired.
Dad also deteriorated emotinally.
On one occasion we visited him on a Saturday and they could not locate him.
Every time we spoke...and the staff made contact difficult...he was frightened and agitated.
Dad was recently relocated to another facility. He is happy and relaxed...such a relief!
We are easily able to communicate with him, check with staff regarding his physical and emotional health.
Sunrise has a lovely facade...and facade is the appropriate description.

My review of Sunrise of Stamford

If you are looking for a loving, caring facility that promotes and encourages close connections between the immediate family and residents then DON'T SEND THEM TO SUNRISE OF STAMFORD. Two weeks before my mother died, I called their staff to inquire as to how she was doing (I live out of state so could not easily visit my Mom), since I sensed the end was near, and got an e-mail -- not a return call -- informing me that they could not provide me with any information since I, as my Mom's only son, could not receive any information because I was not on the "responsible party list." Even worse, a year ago they imposed a visitation ban on my Mom at the insistence of her health proxy. Those are the facts. You decide if you think that is acceptable.

Very nice!

The tour went good and they have a nice community. They answered all of my questions and they were very helpful with us. I did see some people out and doing things. We just did not think that it was a good fit.

Very Helpful Staff, My Brother In Law Is Well Here

My brother in law really likes it here. He is doing well, and I'am satisfied with all they have done for us. It was a big move for him, but he is in good hands here. The community looks great, they keep everything very nice and clean. The staff have been more than helpful. There are activities offered. He says the meals are decent. I know he is being cared for well here, they are always checking up on him. It has been a lovely experience, and I would recommend this community.

Great Tour!

The community at Sunrise of Stamford is very nice. It is a newer community and offers various amenities. The community was very high quality. The staff were very well trained and helpful with our search.

We had a good tour of Sunrise!!

This community looked really nice. The staff I met were really nice. This community has a homey feel to it. The community is in good condition and looked clean. This community was a little farther away than the one we chose.

Surprised My Mother Adjusted So Well

This is a wonderful community and everything is working out very well for my mother. I was surprised with how well she adjusted to the community. The community is very good looking. I had only one issue with the cleaning and they fixed the problem right away. The staff is great, they are completely open to your suggestions. We are very pleased with everyone here. It has a homey atmosphere with kind people. She is happy and safe, and that provides me with a peace of mind. They are caring for her very well and I would recommend this community.

a country inn that cares

Sunrise staff are open and friendly - very willing to help and / or answer questions.
The physical atmosphere is like a small country inn.
The individual apartments vary in size although even the largest is not really large - I feel that the thinking behind that is to encourage people to leave their rooms and mingle. There are a variety of activities available and they are posted daily.
The dining room offers 3 good meals - with choices - each day.
All that being said everyone at Sunrise does realize that not everyone is eager to move in and they do offer respite months so an individual can try it out.
There are some there independent enough to have and drive their own car. Others need varying degrees of help (4 levels of care are offered). There is also a 'memory' section.
The cost is not inexpensive but is considerably less then trying to maintain a private home yet needing to pay for 24/7 help. If you are on one of their 'care' levels then you are given a pendant which when pressed results in an aide arriving within minutes - then as my sister says 'they disappear' - that does make her happy!

Mom seems to like it there

She is doing fine at Sunrise of Stamford. Mom seems to like it there. The intake process was good. Everyone was nice and well organized. She likes the food. The assistance she is getting is good. She is interacting and socializing well. It is as good as could be expected. So far so good.

I very much enjoyed meeting Scott, his delightful team and even some of the residents. Very comfortable setting and overall feel in this community. It seems very organized and well run, I would feel very much at home myself if this is Where my mother-in-law were to choose.

So glad we chose Sunrise Stamford for mom

The staff and the care in the memory care unit is wonderful. Mom is diagnosed with dementia with behavioral problems.
They take very good care of her and she likes the staff. The doctor I chose in Stamford is Dr. Wang and she has been very supportive during this whole ordeal.

Constant upgrading of care at Sunrise

I'd like to share the good and the bad and hope that others can be helped. I tried checking the reviews before I moved my mother to Sunrise of Stamford.
On the positive: my mother does like the other residents and one of her care managers is very good to her.
The major negative is that the goal of Sunrise is to continually upgrade her care so they can increase her monthly bill. They are less concerned with actually delivering the upgraded service. i.e they upgraded her care that she needs help going to the bathroom but no caremanager knows that so she goes to the bathroom herself. They continuosly call me every 2 or 3 weeks to tell me that she needs additional care which requires another few thousand a month. I am afraid to answer the phone because I'm afraid they will be upping her bill again. I thought that it would be less stressful for me to have her in assisted living but in fact it has been more stressful. I will be looking for another facility for my mother.

Sunrise Senior Living

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing this. We take your comments very seriously and would like more information. Please contact information(at)sunriseseniorliving(dotcom) with further details and your contact information so that we can reach out to you. Thanks, The Sunrise Team

they will move dad once ass...

they will move dad once assets are used up.

Liked this the best.

Liked this the best.

Fine, friendly atmosphere, accomodati...

Fine, friendly atmosphere, accomodations very good. impressed with amount of care included.

saw on the 19th- lovely and will defi...

saw on the 19th- lovely and will definitely bring her back to see

Met with staff - very hospitable.

Met with staff - very hospitable.

Sunrise of Stamford is set in a suburban area with beautiful landscaping and greenery, near the city of Stamford. We pride ourselves in our warmth and friendliness, and our outstanding staff courtesy and experienced management team.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can’t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you’ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.