Briarcrest Estates - Ballwin, MO

not my cup of tea. too olD seemed too crowd ed,laundry room not a place I'd do my laundry, bedrm not large enough

Holiday Marketing

Hi there, thank you for providing us with details on your experience at Briarcrest. We are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate your feedback. Your comments have been shared with our management team. Thank you again.

Very Outdated Look

This community is in desperate need of a complete makeover everything from the furnishings to the paint needs to be updated. The staff overall seemed to be friendly however the sales department could work on their communication skills between themselves. We found the price to be extremely high for the appearance of the community and the entrance fee is much higher than any other community we spoke to. The 2 bedroom units are oddly shaped to it made it difficult to envision how to furnish the unit. There was only 1 sitting for breakfast which was early like around 8:00 am and one sitting for dinner. So if you weren't around at those specific times you didn't get a meal.
They allow smoking anywhere on this property I would have liked to see at least a designated area for smokers

Very nice place!

When I toured the Briarcrest Estates, I liked how nice everyone was the whole time I was there. I liked the way the meals were set up and how clean the place was.

Briarcrest Estates Experience

I toured this facility with my cousin. My cousin liked Briarcrest Estates and has signed an agreement. She is currently living there. The fee was less other facilities she had toured. She has only been there a month, but so far is very happy.

The facility is just fine.

It's fine. The facility is just fine. They keep up with the maintenance and the staff is friendly. I would give them a four out of five.

She is doing fine here

She is doing fine. The staff here is attentive and professional. The building is always kept clean and the atmosphere is homey there. The other residents seem to be happy and well taken care of too. So far no complaints.

struggling greatly with the food

At Briarcrest Estates my parents are struggling greatly with the food. It is just not good. That has been pretty consistent. I think they are looking for another facility due to how bad the food is. It is just that bad.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office in Oregon. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I've escalated your concerns to our Resident Relations department. Please know that you're welcome to contact them as well at [removed].

Katie

bad location. bad smells

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I'm writing from Holiday Retirement Home Office. I'm sorry to hear you have a negative perception of Briarcrest Estates. Have you called our Resident Relations line at Home Office? We'd really like to talk to you more about your concerns. You can reach our Resident Relations department at [removed].

Thanks,
Katie

I Would Recommend

I think they could improve on the food a little bit. I think they have done well in terms of making my mom feel welcomed and helping her to meet people. She is happy there. They are not the perfect place, but they are pretty good. I would recommend them.

very happy with them

One thing that is nice about Briarcrest Estates is that every room has either a patio or a balcony. The rooms themselves are very nice. The food us usually decent. He is happy here and we are happy to have him there.

I'm very happy with the friendliness

I'm very happy with the friendliness. The food service is great as well. They have house keeping. They also have an exercise group. I'm very pleased with the Briarcrest Estates. The facility is very clean and fresh. The staff is very welcoming, nice, and helpful. I haven't used all the services yet but so far so good. I am happy with this community. It is great.

We really like the place

This is going to be a great fit for us financially, at least not on a long term basis. The facility is very nice, and is ideal for us, especially in terms of location. Our loved one has everything she needs here. I don't like that the deposit is non refundable no matter how immaculate we leave the room. We really like the place, and it's disappointing it won't work long term for us.

They are doing an excellent job.

They are doing an excellent job. We are very happy with them. It's clean and the staff is friendly and responsive. We don't have any complaints. They are excellent.

Good value

Small and intimate feel. Apartments are spacious with a balcony/patio on most of them. Clean and neat with a full staff of housekeeping and cooks. On the premise Home Care program - at whatever level you need. Although this service is extra, it is very reasonable.

House managers are engaging and truly care about residents. There is someone on staff 24 hours a day.

Nice community. Too far fro...

Nice community. Too far from family. Toured on Sunday the 20th

Nice Community

We’re not the ones that live there, but when we have visited, the community is clean and the staff has been friendly to us. The care services and activities are working out okay. We’re satisfied with the value they represent.

Started strong, suboptimal follow thru

My mother moved into Briarcrest in Sept 2013. They did a lovely job of getting her apartment ready with very nice upgrades. Since then things have been sub-par. They transferred a chef with subsequent weeks of bad food. They transferred one set of care takers; the second set quit because they were so unhappy with management. They are still using temporary managers. Activities are frequently cancelled. Disruptive rumors are constant. Ownership from Oregon seems not to know or care. I hope they get their act together soon.

We like this place but it w...

We like this place but it was not as friendly or 'homey' as one we found on our own. Also very expensive. Nice to have the holiday feature but it is unlikely we would ever use this so we are paying for something we would never use.

We have visited this facili...

We have visited this facility and really liked it. Looks like a place our parents would be comfortable in.

This is where my dad is living now, h...

This is where my dad is living now, he likes it a lot.

Lori was very helpful. Really liked t...

Lori was very helpful. Really liked this place.

Situated on beautiful grounds of Ballwin, a peaceful suburb of St. Louis, you’ll love the graceful elegance of our facilities while enjoying the conveniences of the city. We’re just minutes from shopping, healthcare, dining and wonderful entertainment.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind