Blue Spruce Assisted Living Facility - Castle Rock, CO

[Removed] was not very receptive of our visit and informed me that the facility was not "secure" - given that [Removed] was known to wander off on his own and needed supervision on walks. She informed me that she just didn't have the staffing to see to his needs. Since I had to give a rating - one. But I was not impressed with the reception nor attitude.

Blue Spruce really rose above the rest of the crowd.

I am very grateful that my Mom had such a lovely home environment to live in.  Blue Spruce Assisted Living cared for her 24 hours a day.  I didn’t have to worry about her at all!  The management kept in touch with me regarding my Mom’s care, special events and even allowed me to organize some birthday and holiday festivities for the house.  I loved the flexibility of being allowed to see my Mom when I wanted to.  And, during the times I was not at the home, it was comforting to know that my Mom was enjoying time with her friends either watching TV, exercising with the group, listening to a story or enjoying other visitors.

My Mom was the most important person in my life!!   I looked at multiple facilities when I was trying to find a good loving home for her.  Blue Spruce really rose above the rest of the crowd.  Adele and her staff are warm, caring and competent.  My Mom was very happy here.

A warm, caring place for my 87 year old mother

Blue Spruce is a warm, caring and safe place for my 87 year old mother. Adele and her staff are very compassionate toward their patients and provide individual attention to each patients needs. The food choices are varied; and my mother has enjoyed them all! Twenty four hour care has been very important to me; and I worry less and sleep better knowing Adele and her staff have my mothers best interests always in mind. I highly recommend you take a look at Blue Spruce.

Thank you for the great care.

Thank you so much for the great care you and your staff gave E while she was at Blue Spruce.We sincerely appreciate it and couldn't have had her in a better place. You handled her with gentleness and kindness.

Thank you for the great care.

They and their staff took great care of E while she was at Blue Spruce. We sincerely appreciated it and couldn't have had her in a better place. We know she was difficult at times but you handled her with gentleness and kindness.

Fantastic place

Mom has been very happy here so far, the likes her room, and has been getting along well with the other residents. This place is very well run and we've had a great experience with it so far.
They could work on the food a bit, Mom often has complaints about the quality of the food.

I find that the place is fine, my mot...

I find that the place is fine, my mother really likes it there. I do feel that the food isn't always as hot as it should be. TI think they do a lot of already-prepared meals and that may be because so many older people can't eat that kind of food, I don't know.

I just have been there a few times and I've noticed that the food is not hot and my mom has made comment that the potatoes go back very frequently because they're cold.

She's only been there three weeks, I'm going to give it some more time to see if that changes, and if not then I'm going to speak to the owner and if that doesn't change than we're probably going to find another place.

Nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there

I moved my dad to Blue Spruce in July, 2011. All seemed to be going well until I was asked to put my dad on heavier sedation medications. I had him removed from one medication (Haldol) that the ALC insisted on. This medication was causing him difficulty walking, talking and forming thoughts. When I refused to put him on other meds to keep him sedated, the owner of the facility told me to allow her to sedate him or get him out. I got him out.

Just be very aware of the medication your loved one is on. Research the medications, side effects and long-term effects before being persuaded to have them prescribed for your loved one.

Very few activities so if your loved one has been active, you will need to look at outside activities

Blue Spruce Assisted Living is a warm loving home for the elderly that offers exceptional standards of resident services, accommodation and care.

We are a premier provider of senior residential assisted living and elder care. Our goal is to provide the very best in fine living. Our quality control standards are high and our well-trained and patient staff provides excellent service and is quick to respond in a warm and friendly manner. The Blue Spruce team will strive to meet individual needs. Your satisfaction is of paramount importance.

Blue Spruce Assisted Living and elder care is the ideal choice for seniors who can no longer live on their own. Our assisted living and elder care services provide a loving atmosphere, safe environment, and individual care. We focus on wellness and keeping our assisted living residents as independent as possible.

Nestled in beautiful Castle Pines North this wonderful new group home comprises over 2,300 square feet on the main level with an additional 2,100 square feet in the recently finished basement.

The home consists of six resident bedrooms, plus one bedroom for the caregiver, ranging in size from 120 square feet to over 160 square feet and three full bathrooms plus two half bathrooms.

The home includes a fully automated and monitored fire sprinkler and alarm system for added peace of mind for our residents and staff.