Bickford of Fort Dodge - Fort Dodge, IA

Administrator was nice but lacked experience

I toured here when looking for a place for my wife. I decided on moving her to a different community. When I toured, it was just okay. The fees are abundant and the price itself was a lot higher than I needed. Getting there was also a bit harder, it’s stuck right in the middle of town and there’s a lot more traffic to contend with just to get there. I only met the administrator when I was there and I think she was helpful enough. I don’t think she had the experience that a few other places did.

So far it's very good.

So far it's very good. We haven't had any major complaints. She loves the food, she loves having a choice. The other residents have been friendly and welcoming, she made friends pretty quickly. It seems to be working out pretty well.

"It feels a lot like home."

The Bickford staff was able to accomodate us when Mom
suddenly needed care and supervision. We knew on our
first visit that this was the best atmosphere.....a difficult
decision to make, no matter what the situation. The staff
always responded to my calls or e-mails, sometimes even
calling me just with an update. Other facilities may have
sufficed, but we were immediately comfortable and
confident with our decision to choose Bickford. Even
she said "It feels a lot like home."

We began our quest into senior living because of our love for our beloved mother, Mary Bickford, whose needs became too great for us to manage. As we researched senior living options, we were shocked at our findings. The options offered too much or too little – none met her needs and nothing felt like home. Since we couldn’t find what we wanted, we decided to create what we needed. Our main desire was to create a place that helped her achieve an equivalent peace and happiness that she had earlier in her life.

We understand that selecting a senior living community for your loved one is one of the toughest decisions that you will ever face. We will work with you to ensure that the transition is as easy and comfortable as possible. Whether your loved one is at home, in the hospital or even in another state, we can work with your hospital, insurance company, and doctor to make your difficult decision easier on you and your family. Aging can be difficult – but we’ve also seen the beauty in aging. Our mother’s happiness inspired us. We created Bickford for her and now we’re devoted to serving yours. We look forward to meeting you soon.

Services