Bickford of Bourbonnais - Bourbonnais, IL

You won't feel guilty about moving your loved one here

We had a crisis situation that necessitated making some quick decisions for my mother. The folks at Bickford really work with you and help to put together a plan that fits your loved one's needs. They continue to follow-up and and ask for input to assist them in making any improvements. They adjust the resident care plan as needed. They offer daily activities and fun events to keep the residents active and enjoying life. They encourage family members of Bickford residents to participate in activities and offer services to help families stay in touch. They also offer a good variety of menu choices. We are so grateful for how everything came together. Such a blessing!

Stairs

I toured here and thought the community was nice, but I was worried by the fact that the memory care unit is two stories and that there was nothing to keep residents from going up the stairs. Overall, I just did not feel that this would be the best fit for us.

A recommended place for those that can afford it.

This is a good community for great care. The staff is friendly and helpful. The meals have good variety and are tasty. They have a structured activities that are encouraged and I like that they keep him involved with the other residents. They offer individualized levels of care. I would highly recommend this community to other families, but realize this on the costly end of the assisted living spectrum.

Taking Good Care of My Mother in Law

My mother in law is still adjusting with her move to this community. The most important thing is that they are taking very good care of her, and her needs. They have a really good staff at this community. They do a good job with keeping the community, and her room well maintained. She is receiving good care, and we are satisfied with all they have done for us. This is a community I would recommend, it is a nice place.

Care for family

My parents were happy in this community. The staff were nice and always caring. This community is clean and maintained. They seem to like the meals but small improvements could be made. They had activities to enjoy. We would recommend this community for good care and a good value to other families.

Worth the tour!

The Bickford of Bourbannais is a great place to live. The apartments are bigger than others we had seen. It is a beautiful community. The staff that offered the tour were very friendly and kind. We were wanting something closer to family and this was a little further out than we wanted.

Need Better Communication!!

The staff is not very good letting me know what has been happening with my loved one. I always have to call or go to the community to find out information. It would be great if the communication was better from their side. The meals are okay they could be a little better on the taste. At the moment my loved one is rarely participating in activities no one really tries to encourage them to participate. There is a new activities director, so i am hoping that the new director is more approachable.

I enjoyed our tour!!!

The director that took us on a tour of the community was very nice and knowledgable. The community seemed clean. This is a two story building with an atrium. The location was not convenient for us.

amazing place! Dont go anywhere else

This place is beautiful! It is so clean and the staff is soooo friendly. My parents love everybody who works there. It us comforting to know everyone is a can or registered nurse.
Linda and Stephanie reslly works with you in your own situation.
So blessed to call it home for my parents

The workers are very caring

Bickford of Bourbonnais is very very nice. They are doing a good job of being able to keep my father in the building. That was a really big concern of mine. They know how to handle him. They are very aware of his particular issue. It's a beautiful facility. It's very clean. The workers are very caring. I am so pleased.

Friendly, helpful staff

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Bickford. They've really gone out of their way helping my loved one get settled in and comfortable, and she does seem to be enjoying it here. They put a lot of effort into making sure she stays busy and involved in the activities, and seem to be doing a great job looking out for her. It's just a very nice place overall!

Review of Bickford of Bourbonnais Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Bourbonnais, IL

Lovely setting, a warm community feel and welcoming personnel. However, the rooms were dark. The only window was in the bedrooms at the back of the apartment. Lots of light and sunshine are important to us, so can't picture Dad living in that kind of apartment.

Bickford House ~ Bourbonnais, IL

I found out about Bickford House in Bourbonnais, IL through A Place 4 Mom. Initially, one thing that attracted me to it, was that they are one of only two assisted living facilities in our area that take people with Alzheimer's, which my Mom has. My parents have lived there for almost 2 weeks now, and they love it. They have a beautiful apartment, completely filled with furniture, pictures, knick knacks, etc., from their house, because the apartments come unfurnished. The meals, the activities, everything about Bickford, especially the staff, are wonderful. My parents have already made friends with several other residents, and are starting to really feel at home.

We began our quest into senior living because of our love for our beloved mother, Mary Bickford, whose needs became too great for us to manage. As we researched senior living options, we were shocked at our findings. The options offered too much or too little – none met her needs and nothing felt like home. Since we couldn’t find what we wanted, we decided to create what we needed. Our main desire was to create a place that helped her achieve an equivalent peace and happiness that she had earlier in her life.

We understand that selecting a senior living community for your loved one is one of the toughest decisions that you will ever face. We will work with you to ensure that the transition is as easy and comfortable as possible. Whether your loved one is at home, in the hospital or even in another state, we can work with your hospital, insurance company, and doctor to make your difficult decision easier on you and your family. Aging can be difficult – but we’ve also seen the beauty in aging. Our mother’s happiness inspired us. We created Bickford for her and now we’re devoted to serving yours. We look forward to meeting you soon.

Services