Courtyard at Jamestown Assisted Living - Provo, UT

I love this place

My mother is in the memory care unit. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They are responsive to special requests. Activities are very appropriate and consistent. My mother loves the scenic bus rides 3 times a week. The location is beautiful and the grounds well kept. I highly recommend this facility.

Good but, wow!!!

Nice place - but WOW!!! My mother lived in this facility for about 1 1/2 years. They treated her well but now that she is deceased I'm finding the truth about this place.

1. I went to her room the get a few things just after she passed away and found a stack of mail in her that had been held somewhere in the facility. Why didn't they tell me there was a stack of mail one of the many times I visited. Over a year worth of mail.
2. When cleaning out her room they had multiple packages of diapers/depends with only one or two being used from the package. I'm sure I paid for them. We are talking cupboards and cupboards full of depends. I also found many unused medical supplies.
3. We didn't clean the room out until after the funeral. I get a bill "Sorry for your loss" Here is a bill for over $1200 + dollars. Yes, I know there is a contract but really?
4. When going through clothes the whites were not white any more. They obviously didn't sort clothes before washing. Also clothes were missing and I didn't recognize some of the clothes that were in her closet. They didn't keep properly track clothes and underwear.

My suggestion, take your business elsewhere.

Too closed in for my taste

While looking for a place for my father, this location was recommended to me. They have nice people on their staff team. Their personnel overall is very good, fantastic even. The only thing that I didn’t like was their layout. It seemed too closed in. Their dining room is really dinky, very narrow hallways, and cramped setting. People who use walkers and wheelchairs need more space to move around so it would be more ideal to have larger hallways.

Quiet and restful

The Courtyard at Jamestown really feels like a home away from home and not just some hotel. The building is old (but very well maintained) and sits back in a quiet area away from the roads and is surrounded by trees with a beautiful view – I couldn’t have chosen a better place for myself and my retirement. The staff here is very attentive as well. They keep up with their responsibilities like medications and cleaning, and are very conscientious about how they’re represented which is so nice. The food is really great; their portions are just the right size and very nutritious. The facility has tons of activities that keep us entertained throughout the day and we have a lot of excursions off the premises so there’s always something going on. I looked for a while for the right place to go but this community really feels like home. I would definitely recommend them.

Beautiful Jamestown Assisted Living

Beautiful assisted living facility - friendly staff, beautiful environment, well-organized and fun activities scheduled constantly. Wonderful food is served daily and the care of patients is at the highest level possible. The residents are happy and always seem excited to be going to an activity. The medical care is superb. I cannot say enough about this facility.

Her Decision

Mom and I have toured a couple of properties and she had chosen this one I had left the choice up to her since she was the one that was going to have to move somewhere. She had liked the food and the staff seems friendly, kind and very helpful.
My only concern is that she is still recovering from a broken hip so she can't join any of the activities as of yet but the staff doesn't seem to encourage her to do any exercise to help her recovery along.
One of the main requirements for my room is the temperature it can't be too cold or too hot and this place the temperature is just right so that is what sold her.

Quality Care and Affordable

The community is fabulous, very clean and well maintained. The staff and caregivers are very caring and helpful. The food they provide looks nutritious. They encourage my mom to participate in the activities provided. The community offers various outings such as field trips and they offer transportation into town. I feel she is in a safe and secure environment. They provide quality care and is more affordable. I would definitely recommend this place to others.

A Safe and Loving Place for Seniors

I work for a Home Health and Hospice Company. We have, and have had, many patients here. I can recommend Jamestown as a safe and loving place for seniors to live.
The Director of Nursing is fantastic and goes to great lengths to make sure their resident's needs are met by responding quickly to resolve concerns if they arise. The Jamestown CNA's are well trained, respectful, and of a high character. The Memory Care Center is amazing! Every time we are there working with our patients, there is a high staff to resident ratio, plenty of activities going on, and happy, smiling staff and residents.
I'm always impressed by how much support they receive from volunteers. There are often performance groups entertaining the residents and helping out with various service projects. Jamestown is a wonderful community!

The BEST Senior Living!!!

Courtyard at Jamestown is a lovely Senior Community. The apartments are large with ample storage. The dinning area is very classy and Chef [Removed] is always preparing something delicious for the daily menus. The healthcare staff is top notch with RN [Removed] and Care Coordinator [Removed] facilitating any additional cares that your loved one might require. The BEST Senior Living in the Provo/Orem area hands down.

It Has Been A Good Month

My mom just moved in a month ago and the staff have been pleasant and she is happy with all of them. Housekeeping does a good job keeping her room clean, no issues. The activities are fine and there has been a lot of nice ones for the holidays. The meals could use more fiber in it. So far the lunches are better than the dinners. She is overall doing fine here.

Great positive environment

My mother moved into the Courtyard at Jamestown just before Thanksgiving 2016 and seems quite happy there. It is a beautiful facility. The staff is very friendly and helpful and there are so many activities offered covrering many interests. She doesn't need any extra care so I can't evaluate the medical staff. The atmosphere is very positive. Lunch meals are the nicest of the day. The others are acceptable but nothing special. Church meetings are held in the facility. It's very helpful to have so many activities on site so she doesn't have to go outside in the cold. So far this seems like a great choice.

I would recommend Courtyard!

My mother in law is still adjusting to living at Courtyard. She is not crazy about the food and the limited choices. She seems to be generally happy with the staff. They offer daily activities. The community offers transportation on Tuesday and Thursday. They do only go a short distance and it is a two hour window. This is a nice community with about 120 residents. The community is clean and well maintained.

I would recommend Courtyard at Jamestown Assisted Living!!!

The food is delicious and there is plenty of it. The kitchen staff ask the residents their needs and preferences and cater to them. The staff are caring, very nice, knowledgable and it is a loving atmosphere. The community is kept clean and they have beautiful flower beds around the building. They offer various activities including fishing and feeding the ducks.

Review of Courtyard At Jamestown Assisted Living-Provo, Ut

My mother lived at the Courtyard at Jamestown for 8 years and had a wonderful experience. The people serving there were warm and professional. Good food! They helped us arrange hospice. I am very grateful for all of the care that is available in today's world.

A pretty satisfactory place

It's a pretty satisfactory place. They have a very friendly staff. The residents are friendly as well. It's always very clean and well kept. It has a welcoming atmosphere. There are lots of activities to keep the residents busy and engaged. It is a bit expensive though. It has been an excellent experience. I would highly recommend.

not too pleased at the moment

We really liked the people at Courtyard at Jamestown Assisted Living before they got bought out by Stellar. We have not been terribly happy with them since Stellar took over. Dad has a thermostat that does not work and the repair man for the building said that family would have to come in and fix it, which I find quite odd.

Hopefully things will get better, but right now I am not too pleased.