Beau Ridge Independent Living- Ridgeland, MS

A resident’s perspective!

I researched Beau Ridge, looking for a retirement home where I felt welcome and one that had an upbeat environment. I wanted a home where one comes to live and engage in activities and meet new friends, not one where you are just passing time. I have not been disappointed. Beau Ridge offers a beautiful and comfortable setting, where one can relax in a casual lifestyle. It offers activities and entertainment to keep residents busy and involved throughout the week. The staff is friendly and accommodating.

Worst IL place in town!

This place is poorly run with unorganized poor management. [Name removed] the manager was nice and would go out of his way to accommodate, but the Sales manager [name removed] was another story! She will tell you anything you want to hear to get you in there. She flat out lied about several things including the food preparation (all canned crap not fresh!) to the supposed social activities.
Looks good on paper but nobody shows up to most of the social stuff so there is truly not much of anything going on at the place.
[Name removed] also plays “favorites” with certain residents while completely ignoring others. Unprofessional ! She is a detriment to this business !
The residents were nice, although at least halt should have long ago been moved to assisted living as they cannot take care of themselves etc. but hey, they need to keep the rooms full here! Lots of turnaround.

Don’t get me started on the food! If you enjoy eating healthy, nutritious meals then run away from Beau Ridge as fast as you can! All vegetables are right out of a can. Goodness knows about the meat.. it’s usually fried or smothered with some kind of heavy cream or cheese sauce which most geriatric age people cannot eat. They say they put out fresh fruit but in over 3 weeks there we never saw any!
The menus changes constantly so you think your going to have one thing for dinner and “surprise!” No it’s something completely different because they were either too lazy to cook what was on the menu or ran out of food. They seem to run out of food a LOT!
Always out of fruit and certain vegetables.
Their alternative dinners are the same 3-4 things ever day. Sandwich, salad covered with cheese and meat, or baked potato. My poor dad would come up to his room after dinner and end up having to find something else to eat because he was still hungry!
If anyone is not on a walker there (ie more physically fit) there is a gym/therapy room. Too bad all of the equipment is unusable, outdated and none of it works.

The kitchen staff and servers are super rude. Despite a couple who are courteous the rest are not. They cannot make it to the back tables to get your order slip (too lazy!) so you have to go chase them down. Obviously they hate their jobs as much as my dad hates living there!

Social activities. A complete joke! Most never happen. The few that do are lame to anyone who is somewhat conscious! There is also no sunday church service there. Only on Wed. Evening.
My first impression when I went to BR for a tour was that the place looked dirty. When we moved my dad in there was a dead roach in the hallway. They had cleaned that day so it looked better.. but we all know looks can be deceiving! My sister liked the updated kitchens.. that’s why we chose it! 🙄
Do a lunch tour.. get a sample menu! Eat the food! Maybe eat it more than once. Do your homework! Oh and the elevator stays broken so if you can’t walk and aren’t on the first floor.. too bad for you!
Note: [name removed] manager is a standout it would be impossible for him to correct all of the problems there!
[Name removed] and [name removed] in housecleaning are friendly, helpful and awesome!
[Name removed] the head chef is a nice guy. He himself is a greak cook.. but he’s working what he is given to work with!
[Name removed] and all of the security guys are awesom & friendly too!
There are some sweet residents there we will miss after a short 3 week stay but the good news is the ones we love the best are getting the hell out of there too! ❤️

A good transition

The staff are doing a real well taking care of my loved ones. The food is really good. The community is clean and they have a nice yard outside. This is a newer community and the staff have been on top of any issues that have come up. The downstairs manager is excellent. They offer a lot of activities as well as trips out. I would recommend this community.

My tour

This seemed like a nice community when we visited. The person that took us on tour was friendly. They seem to offer some nice amenities including transportation. They have an enclosed courtyard. This community was just a little farther away than the one we chose.

A Good Safe Community, My Husband is Well Here

So far it has been a good experience for my husband with his move to this community. I know he is safe, and receiving great care. They have a very good staff at this community. They have been helpful, and kind. I'am pleased with all they have done for us. I have already recommended this community to my friends. It is a nice place.

Understanding Staff

I spoke to friends about the community and I did not go over because the are Independent and Memory Care. no in between. They were extremely nice and understanding, I didn't feel they tried to sell me something. I was really pleased with the conversation and they answered all my questions.

Mother's good care

I like the care that my mom is getting here. The community is very clean and maintained. The staff are very nice and always helpful to her needs. She would like to have more diabetic meals available. She is offered activities to participate in. We do recommend the care to other families.

Outstanding service.

The entire process was very professional. My mom is now in a safe place with a professional staff to take care of her daily needs. She is completely happy.

A Nice Community With Cheerful People

My tour of this community was nice. The community looks nice. From what I saw everything appeared to be nice and clean. The staff was kind and informative. The residents were cheerful and welcoming. It was a nice tour, but not the community for my mother and her needs.

Review of Beau Ridge - Ridgeland, MS

Have seen this facility and it is on the top of our list today. Keep sending others if you find them