Baywood Court Retirement - Castro Valley, CA

Food had lack of variety

Mom broke her hip and they weren’t able to take care of her anymore so we wound up having to find somewhere else for her to go. The facility, when she was there, felt like home and everyone had their own recliner in the living room. There were only maybe 6 residents at the time so it felt very small. They didn’t do a lot of activities from what I noticed, just sat and watched TV most of the time. The food was substantial. It wasn’t the best, but it was okay. There were a lot of repeats, though, of the same types of food every day and there was lack of variety. The cleanliness was good though.

I was not impressed!

When I visited this community it felt crowded and dingy. I did not get the feeling it was kept real clean. The people I met were nice. The community we chose had more light and was more active.

I Feel It Was Bad Timing

After my mom moved into this community we found there had been a virus outbreak.The staff did all the necessary steps to contain it but it was just a difficult experience. The community is clean and the staff are excellent and really provide good care. My mom says she has good and bad days with the food. They have activities available and Mom has even made new friends. I would recommend this community because my mom is doing good here.

Review of Baywood Court Retirement in Castro Valley, CA

I have lived at Baywood court for three years. I'm thankful for having moved here after my husband passed. It is a very wonderful place to live, with kind residents and staff, good food and comfortable apartments.

Review of Baywood Court Retirement in Castro Valley, CA

Too Big and Understaffed

We went and looked at the assisted living and my mom was in the Baywood rehab. I was not happy with them at all. They were awful. The nursing staff, individually, were wonderful but they were so so understaff that the care wasn't good. They didn't get her up walking and the physical therapy was limited. They were just totally overwhelmed and the food was not good. My mom was there for 2 weeks and really declined while she was there. it was just so big it's almost like they get lost because it is so big.

Baywood Court is a sociable non-profit senior community. Nestled in the welcoming town of Castro Valley and conveniently located near San Francisco, Oakland and San Jose. We are located in a quiet suburban neighborhood and minutes from, Bart, shopping, doctor’s offices and Eden hospital. For 24 years Baywood has been providing quality care and assistance to our residents so that they are free to enjoy life to its fullest. Baywood Court is a caring retirement community that provides a variety of levels of care, depending on each resident’s individual needs and desires. Here, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the extraordinary array of activities and programs available to you, from literature groups and exercise classes to art expressions and travel to local destinations, there’s always something new, creative, educational, healthy, fun, productive and interesting to do at Baywood Court