Avalon Assisted Living Facilities - Potomac, MD

Georgia was very honest!

When I went to tour Avalon Assisted Living Facilities, we met with Georgia. She was very nice and I guess she has a number of houses. She has one near my area, and she was honest with me. She was not trying to sell us because it would not be the best for my aunt. My aunt has dementia but it is not severe so she would need more interaction than what they would be able to offer her in these homes.

Dad is Doing Well at This Community

Everything is working out very well for my father since his move to this community. He is doing well, and I'am satisfied with all they have done for us. I know he is safe, and in good hands at this community. It has been a positive experience overall.

High quality care in comfortable surroundings

We chose this assisted living facility for my mother who has moderate dementia and so needed a secure facility specializing in dementia. She is in the Rebecca House and it's very secure. My mother tends to be pretty critical (that's always been her personality) but says that the staff are very nice and treat her well. I also like the way staff talk to and treat the residents, e.g., with respect and dignity. Staff and owner have been very easy to work with in resolving minor issues and I feel confident they are treating my mother well.

The facility serves up to 15 residents and is located in a large home in nice residential area. The decor is not at all fancy and even a bit shabby, but safe and comfortable. Residents have a very small bedroom but there are a number of common areas. There are not a lot of activities, which would be the only real negative.

The staff seem to be able to address issues as they arise without having to involve me (which is what I requested). They also have medical staff that visit, which I appreciate.

I think my mother is receiving good quality care at Rebecca House, as staff are attentive and kind to her and go out of their way to meet her needs. This was the most important factor for us.

Nice place, overall

I think they do a good job overall at Avalon Assisted Living. The staff were friendly and professional, and did a great job addressing the concerns of family members and accommodating any requests we had.

Very professional and nice people! They actually care! Adequate staff for the number of residents. I wish they had this option for my mom before she passed. Nursing homes are the worst!

Review of Avalon Assisted Living Facilities Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Potomac, MD

WONDERFUL PLACE ....... VERY WELL KEPT.